Wandering Magus shop story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Druid of Lûhn, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Reece had this idea, but I've decided to start it from the moment I entered. I'm already at 1597 words. Here is the first page:

Suddenly the door swung open, a silence filling the room. A long shadow fell across the floor, a slight breeze making the candles dance. A tall figure stood in the door frame, his face cowled and a snow leopard by his side.
    “Is this Wandering Magus’ shop?” he said in a low even voice.
    Wandering Magus looks over to the figure and smiles, “Well hello, welcome! Take a look around, we’ve got everything you need.”
    “Thank you,” answers the shape, still not moving, “I am the Druid of Lûhn, and would like a cuppa.”
    Wandering Magus waves a hand and a tea-cup and biscuits float over to him, his name embossed on them.
    “Go ahead and do as you please! So long as the rules of the shop are followed, you will be under my protection and hospitality,” looking at the leopard, “If you wish, we have accommodations for snow leopards as well.”
    She smiles, and continues, “By your permission, of course. And it would be an honour to know your name, if indeed you have the gift of speech, as many who enter my door do.”
    The snow leopard glanced up at the host, who jumps as she hears a voice in her head; “Well thank you kind human, but I am magical and am in no need of food.”
    The Druid then speaks up, having sat at a nearby table, “Ah, a nice cuppa and some biscuits, that I did not ask for…” he waves his hand and the biscuits blink out of existence, “I hope you don’t mind that I fed the devil,” he chuckles, finishing his tea then walking over to the dance floor.
    Wandering Magus smiles slightly and answers, “Oh not at all, have fun.”
    She leans back in her chair and watches Lord Yuan start to do some amazing moves. She opens and closes her third eye, chuckling as she sees the internal structure of various clients appear and disappear in beat with the music. Gorgossium, dressed in a brown long-coat with the hood up reaches down into their travel bag and pulls out a leather bound tome of knowledge, and begins to read.
    Reece comes through the door, stepping over the dead dinosaur’s body, and walks towards Gorgossium and Magus. He sits down next to them and starts to cheer Yuan.
    “Magus, summon me a beer please,” Reece says, smiling expectantly.
    “Certainly Reece,” she summons two pints on a platter and takes the one with her name on it and takes a sip, “ahh, golden beer of the finest quality.” She signals to Reece tankard, and it floats over to his outstretched hand, “for you.”
    “Gee thank you,” he takes a sip and sighs; it’s the greatest beer he’s ever tasted. He thanks the Magus again and pats her on the back, then strides off to find more dinosaurs. As he’s halfway out of the door, he turns back and signals to Magus, “comin’?”
    Wandering Magus smiles, “I have my shop to tend to, but I suppose I could do two things at once.” She claps her hands twice, and on the second clap she is standing in two places. The first smiles and sits back down, the other walks over to Reece, “let’s go then”

2. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love it :D

3. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Continuation...

“Can I have a beer please?” says Druid of Lûhn, patting the Leopard on the shoulder then walking over to see what Gorgossium is reading.
    “Beer’s here Druid.” A newly appeared beer floats over to him and into his hands. He takes the beer, sniffs at it, smiles and finishes it in one gulp, “Thanks, I really needed that.” He then looks over to the door and calls over to Reece and the Second Magus; “Good look, I believe I was quite thorough out there.”
    The first Magus leans back in her chair and smiles, relaxing, while the second walks out of the door. The former looks up as she hears the Druid call her name.
    “Can you teach me that spell Wandering? I could use it all the time, it would be so useful.” As she thought about his proposition, he flipped backwards onto a chair and started telling a story.
    “On a cool autumn’s evening, came down a path littered with dinosaur bodies a tall figure, a deep cowl shadowing the face, showing but the end of a neat brown beard. A snow leopard loped by its side, looking up as if speaking without words. The figure came down to a town and walked to a shop. He opened the door and walked in, the leopard by its side. The mysterious man had a mug of tea and a pint of beer, and watched a couple of dinosaur-hunters walk out, the started spinning a yarn, ‘On a cool autumn’s evening …’” He smiled and got down from the chair as thunderous applause filled the room.
    Still clapping, Wandering Magus called out over the slowly descending din, “very nice! And of course you can have the spell; it takes some getting used to, but you’ll get it. Just make very sure neither half dies; one dies, the other dies.” She stands up and summons a private chamber, “come in.”
    They both step in, their boots rapping on the unmarked floor. In one corner stands a large cabinet, one door slightly open, revealing rows upon rows of magical items and supplies. Magus leans down and starts to draw a circle; “First, I just want you to sit inside this circle, that’s it. Now, draw a pentagram right there… yes. Sorry if I didn’t warn you earlier, but this might hurt just a little, but it only has to happen once. Take this knife and get one drop of blood to fall on the sigil right here.
    Druid of Lûhn lightly pricks his finger, letting fall only one drop of scarlet blood. A pale red light starts to emanate from his palm, and then disappears as suddenly as it appeared. “Now, you see that tattoo on your hand? Whenever you want to duplicate yourself, just clap your hands twice, with your left thumb hitting the sigil right there. Try it out!”
    The Druid claps his hands twice and smiles. Nothing seems to have happened. He looks left and right, then steps both ways.

4. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im liking itt!

Ill post the next part of mine later on :)

5. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Actually I'll just post an attachment of what I've already done: