voldermort's horcurxes? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by slinky2004, Jul 25, 2005.

1. singleinfresno

singleinfresno New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So Voldemort is not using one now that he is alive again??? How can be alive if he does not have one of his horcurxes/souls.

"Also, horcruxes can't be "used". One simply can't die when one ore more of his horcruxes remain intact. And I think a horcrux is defined as "an object, which holds part of one's soul, to protect that person from dieing" and not "A section of one's soul, that could be held in an object to prevent that person from dieing". That means that Voldemort isn't part of the horcrux count. "

With that your saying that there are 7 horcurxes and Voldemort? So Harry has to get rid of 7 and Kill Voldemort??

2. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    yeah, that's pretty much book 7 in a nutshell...

The spectral image of Voldemort that lingered in Bulgaria or wherever is what remains of his soul. His soul didn't die, just his body. Regenerating was just a matter of recreating a body for that part of his soul that wasn't horcruxed (ie, used in the process of making a horcrux)...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  3. Ringquelle

Ringquelle Graveyard Faerie

On the South Pole, importing chickens and building
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yup, but remember: the diary and the ring have already been destroyed, and the locket has been stolen by R.A.B

4. Jof

Jof New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right, just to clear something up, im not sure how this came up but as i understand it a horcrux is similar to an anchor if you will(sorry about the analogie but...) An anchor in the way that he has 7 deaths. 2 of which are basically gone (thats if you assume the locket was destroyed) and one residing into his body. Not sure how it came up i was just scanning the thread.

Also i would highly doubt that Harry was the Horcrux. As we know Voldermort has tried to kill Harry numerous times and thats just what we know about. We know that if a Horcrux is destroyed it destroys that part of his soul not returns it to him therefore this would be a futile act on voldermorts part.

Any replies, I'd like to hear them because i am incredibly into Harry Potter even if it is regarded as "uncool."

Thanks,

Jof

5. Baren

Baren New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Harry was a Horcrux. Voldemort tried to kill him in Scorcerers Stone, which is where he found out he could not touch him. All the other times it has been one of voldemorts underlings who he could not tell about the Horcruxes for fear that they would betray him and try to destroy them or another portion of his soul that doesnot know.
    I say "was" because Harry was used to bring Voldemort back, which is why no one else would do for the ritual which returned him to life. He has since tried to kill Harry so that his secret would remain so and so that Harry himself would not figure it out and become a danger. :dragon:

6. soccerchick928

soccerchick928 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm, i don't think that harry's a horcrux. but i do think that i know who took the locket that harry found at the end of hbp. the initials were rab, right? well, what about sirius' brother. regulus black. he was killed by death eaters, even though he was one of them. what if he turned on voldemort and tried to destroy his horcruxes. also, in the fifth book when they were cleaning out sirius's house they found a mysterious locket. doesn't that say something?