voldermort's horcurxes? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by slinky2004, Jul 25, 2005.

1. slinky2004

slinky2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when dumbledore is talking with harry about voldermort's horcurxes, he says that two have already been destroyed: the ring and the journal, but voldermort found out about the journal. it occurs to me that ol' voldy woulndt be much of a dark-wizard-obsessed-with-immortality unless he replaced it right away and if he had any sense, he'd check up on his other horcruxes periodically, maybe shuffle them around a little(evil guys like that are always super paranoid).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. Novindus

Novindus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i think that harry will turn out to be one o his hrorcruxes: it fits with the prophecy. Harry is a parselmouth and they never know if he should be in Gryffindor or Slytherin - perhaps because part of Voldermots soul is in him?

3. CupofDice

CupofDice Gamabunta

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I do not think he would make another Horcrux. He barely has enough soul in his body now.

4. slinky2004

slinky2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why not just pull some soul out of another horcrux, break it in half and bam... two horcruxes.

5. The Shire

The Shire ~Immortal Princess~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol...good idea CupofDice but i don't think it works that way. Yah, Voldemort probably doesn't have much soul left in him to make more horcruxes. i think that Harry's scar will be the last horcrux to be destroyed which means that Harry will die in result of it.

6. slinky2004

slinky2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    does harry really have to die to disable himself being the horcrux? dumbledore disabled marvolo's ring without destroying it... killing harry would be a dramatic and convienent way to end the series though. i've always suspected he was headed to the hero's death.

7. Miarènne

Miarènne Lady Evenstar,half-elven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't really fit, does it? Harry being a horcrux? Voldemort didn't kill him and Voldemort liked to use trophies or something like the Slytherin locket and the Hufflepuff cup. I don't think Harry could be a horcrux, seeing as he is "so full of a force he detests." Voldemort had been almost unable to endure possessing Harry.

Dumbledore had said that it was dangerous using another live being as a horcrux. It seems highly improbable that Harry could himself be a horcrux. On the other hand ...

Well, Harry knew that he would always be alone in his battle to destroy Voldemort, seeing he's the only one who can, thanks to the Dark Lord himself.

If Harry had been a horcrux, why had Voldemort tried to kill him in their first year? If indeed a part of his own soul resided in Harry, then why bother with the Sorcerer's Stone? Why not take Harry? But he had wanted to kill Harry in order to get the stone, so Harry can't be a Horcrux.

It would be dramatic if Harry died a hero's death ... but he's already played quite a lot of the hero part already, don't you think? Maybe he deserves a quiet life when it is all over (should he kill Voldemort, that is). He will have a lot to look forward to when he doesn't have to worry about those he loves and cares about getting killed or used as live bait ... (Sirius ...)

... his friends ... Ron ... Hermione ...

... Ginny ...

8. World builder 316

World builder 316 Ceasar of the Hobos

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I don't think Harry is a horcrux because Voldemort tried to use the Killing Curse on him, and it takes a ceremony to create a horcrux, the way I understood it.

9. slinky2004

slinky2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i thought you just had to kill someone and maybe do a spell to take advantage of your soul ripping and make a horcrux. also, we dont really know everything that happened that night when voldermort tried to kill harry, he might have set everything up for a horcrux ritual(if it actually requires a ritual). they say that voldermort would save his horcrux killings for particularly important murders. my guess is that he was going to kill harry and make a horcrux but things went astray, voldermort died(essentially), and harry ended up with some voldermort soul. they say that hp's powers are from voldermort transfering part of himself to harry in chamber of secrets when harry starts speaking parstletounge.

10. koalaboy

koalaboy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    even if he is a horcrux it dunt rly matter as harry can 'love' n if he is he will b overwhelmed with emotion at the choice he has to make n love will overcoem the evil within him , if he is 1, n that will disable the horcrux in my opinion.. maybe not tho.. everythin is a possibilitie

11. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'll use u this opportunity to remind u of one little detail.
    To get it streith at the beggining, I am not follish enough to belive that it vil disuade those of u that had fixed the idea that harry is the horcurxes. Nothing but book 7 could do that. I'm doing it merly to poit it out to those that might find this drabble interesting on the intelectual level.

DD, as Hermione, has showed the remarkably iritating trait of really wise persons, to make almost fanthasticly accurate guessses that turn out to be correct. And, he belived that Voldemort had saved up harry's murder that october the 31st to be his sixt and final horcurxes, and failing that, made Nagini into it.

Oh, and here is a bit of hint to the true horcurxes, I belive, or at least one of them. I belive that DD was badly unsmarthed, and that it was one of the reasons he ended up dead. I also think that both Harry and DD had held it in their hands during the book. And finaly, if my belifs are correct, it was an item of significant value, an artefact of sorts that we had seen first during one of the memories.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  12. Alonwi

Alonwi Dracovendi

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think that Harry shouldn't turn out to be a horcrux, it's too predictable. everyone expects Harry to die a tragic death, so wouldn't the biggest surprise be that he didn't? True it would end the series, but that isn't the only way it has to end. Just don't write anymore books. I think that Mierenne is right. Harry doesn't fit being a horcrux. Voldemort wanted to kill Harry, he wasn't interested in making him a horcrux.

13. Alonwi

Alonwi Dracovendi

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok, get this. I was talking to my dad about the book, and whether or not he was a horcrux, and I thought about something. When Voldemort went to Harry's house the night he got his scar, he had every intention on killing him because he knew harry was part of the prophecy. I don't think it's possible to turn someone into a horcrux on purpose, so that's not an option.................Then again, who was there when they found Harry? No one. his parents were dead and no one else was there. So all we can assume is that Voldemort tried to kill Harry. It is said that Harry destroyed Voldemort that night, but maybe he just didn't have enough soul left to survive. But that's just something my da thought of. I still think Harry isn't a Horcrux, what do you guys think?

14. Alonwi

Alonwi Dracovendi

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I know I keep posting here, but i just thought about something else. Everyone knows Lucius Malfoy is a deatheater, and he probably knows roughly what Voldemort plans to do. If Harry was a horcrux, why on earth would Malfoy try to kill Harry at the end of the second book? Even Voldemort tries the Avada cadavra curse or whatever, why would he try to kill part of himself?

15. Tarantio

Tarantio Naruto Fan!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Maybe he doesnt mind too much? He has another 4 left, and theyd have to defeat him in battle, and he was only ever scared of DD. He's the most powerful dark lord ever seen, hes willing to kill muggles and the Ministry of Magic didnt believe DD and Harry at first, so they lost time... Also, most of the deatheaters probably dont know his ultimate plan, just the small bits that they have to do. If he told all the deatheaters all he planned to do, the MoM could find out by torture/interrogation of one Death Eater, and the Death Eaters might start to want more power after their lord has risen to power...

16. Alonwi

Alonwi Dracovendi

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    True, but it still doen't seem likely to me. But then, that's just me.

17. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree even though the prophecy says 1 will die I think Harry's scar will be the final horcrux. By killing himself after the other 6 horcruxes they will both die.

18. Pensive

Pensive Music House Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that one horcrux is somewhere in Hogwarts. Thats why Dark Lord wanted a place at Hogwarts.

19. singleinfresno

singleinfresno New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So now let me get this straight. the known horcurxes are 1.The ring (distroyed) 2.the diary (distroyed) 3.The locket, 4.the cup, 5.the snake, 6.In Voldemort and the 7th is unknow right? But it seems to me that when Voldemort died the night he tried to kill harry that that would have gotten rid of one?????? so there should be only 6????

20. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    *sigh*

JKR has repeatedly said that HArry isn't a horcrux. Sorry to pop the buble...

not quite...

The Diary and the Ring are destroyed, making the count for missing horries 5. The locket and the cup have been pretty much confirmed. Nagani is probably as well... That leaves 2 horcruxes unknown.

Also, horcruxes can't be "used". One simply can't die when one ore more of his horcruxes remain intact. And I think a horcrux is defined as "an object, which holds part of one's soul, to protect that person from dieing" and not "A section of one's soul, that could be held in an object to prevent that person from dieing". That means that Voldemort isn't part of the horcrux count.

My best guess is that Voldemort knew something about Godric's Hollow that we don't. Godric's Hollow was James and Lilly's hideout and JKR said that Godric's Hollow indeed has something to do with Godric Gryffindor. My best guess is that the last of the artefact horcruxes has something to do with that, as Gryffindor hasn't got his artefact mentioned, other then the sword... By the way, I find it likely indeed that Voldemort tried to get DADA to try to pull that sword from the hat. He could somehow have found out about it...

At any rate, I think we'll find a division of 4 artefact horcruxes and 3 miscelaneous objects. Nagani being the first, the diary being the second and the last object being the mystery object. I suppose Voldemort is either sitting on it (to protect it), like his wand or we're in for a shocker. Everything goes. The Hogwarts snitch, the sorting hat, a book in the forbiden section of the library, Fawkes, maybe Snape has it under his protection. You name it, JKR can come up with it...