Vampire VS Warewolf

Discussion in 'Polls' started by The Llama King, Feb 13, 2010.

?

Who would win, A Vampire or a Warewolf?

1. Vampire

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Warewolf

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    lol :D

2. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    And yet, every sane minded ppl in this world is still wondering why in the blue **** all Twi-fans still remain gaga over such a bs. If I can trace stuff ala Emiya Shirou of Fate Stay Night, first thing I will do is to kill off that pathetic Edward Cullen emo via the usage of Excalibur. Using Unlimited Blade Works on him will just be an insult for the greatness of that said move. Every idiotic Twi-fans should just try and play Tsukihime ffs. Yes it's eroge in nature, but so what? At least the vampires there are much more awesome. I'm willing to bet a bazillion dollars that Arcueid can just kill Edward for free even w/o the Marble Phantasm. Roa and Ciel will rape him a bazillion times over plus all Shiki needs to do is to poke the dot and it's bai bai emo.

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Hold it a second ... Twipires actually sparkle?

Doesn't that make it easier for werewolves to find them in the dark?

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Strength against strength a werewolf has the advantage in some respects because its strength is not as highly dependant upon when its last meal was - whilst most depitctions of vampires have them weakening - either to significant or just to regular human levels - the longer they go without food. Of course this is based on the assumption that werewolf blood cannot restore a vampire

Vampires though have the major advantage that (again in most depictions of them) they tend to retain full mental facilities - often giving exagerated intelligence levels because of their longer life and thus longer time to accumulate understanding. Thus a vampire can "prepare" for a fight better than werewolf - of which most are depicted as mindless rampaging beasts with less active intelligence during their wolf period.

This also brings us back to strength and the issue of unchanged periods; of which the werewolf has considerably more time in humanform - again in general - whilst the vampire is empowered the whole time. There are some werewolf lores that have the human aspect with hightened senses (mostly smell) and strength, but fewer that grant the full werewolf power whilst not in that form.

Further most werewolves are quite rough with their fingers whilst vampires retain their use of them - thus a vampire has the potential to be able to use a wider range of weapones - especailly ranged weapons to give them a significant advantage.

Another point is that of magics - where they are present many vampires often combine them with their vampire aspect to grow to the level of a mage - or even to have natural powers inherant with the vampire aspect - illusion is popular but so are bloodspells and mind control. Werewolves sadly pull a very short straw on this aspect and the highest they tend to get is to the level of alchemist - and normally with a focused interest on transmutation (often in trying to stop it). Whilst I am only really aware of one wolf based character that displays distinct magical properties (and its not even a werewolf).

Sadly I'm going to have to say vampires would win this out - generally speaking the lore of most worldsets gives the more advantages than its does for werewolves. Vampires are generally seen as the embodyment of very human evils and whilst their animalistic aspects are strong, its not illusion that many vampires are depticed as wicked minded monsters. In almost all cases though vampires are also fully in control of themselves (barring feeding time) which adds to their image.

Werewolves on the other hand are more representational of tortured wild animals and wild instinct - not strupid, but not intelligent in wolf form; whilst their human side is often little different in intelligence - and can sometimes be greatly reduced due to flashbacks and mental scarring from the wolf forms actions.

Its also interesting to note that vampires are often closely associated with being the embodyment of sexual lust and hungers whilst werewolves tend to drift only to the savage thrill of the hunt.

Further we have to compare this on older sources - modern times have really opened up the definition of werewolf and vampire (As well as many other creatures) into them having very little actual meaning to fantasy fans. One can say a vampire is a mindless monster - only to be shown Twilight vampires that are far different - then againwe can be shown the Hellsing vampire with its almost demigod powers - then one can browse the lust and sex crazed vampires who are again totally different creatures.

Werewolves are again a little more limited in scope, but still have a vast range of differences between authors/writers/scripts/etc.... even to include those that show full mental control during their wolf stage - and even those that are more wolf than hybrid human wolf (heck there are even the odd few reverse werewolves out there - thank you Sir Terry!)

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  5. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Edward Cullen. Period. :S

6. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    i'm agreeing with OR here, just because his post was a prime example of tldr

7. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Vampire in a top hat with a long black cloak in a suit whose skin is white and whose hair is long and black. He has long pointed fangs, and a jewel-encrusted dagger at his belt. He goes around at night and may even be able to turn into a vampire bat. Whenever he gets into any bright light, he starts to consume himself.

8. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    kind of reminds me of this guy

[​IMG]

except he had a gun and wore red and black

9. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    that pic will haunt me at night now

10. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Alucard ftmfw. Too bad that half blood dude of the same name in the Castlevania actually fared much better in terms of character. But then again, I'm always a fan of the CV version of Alucard, so no complaints. ;)

11. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Look,when Vampires took down the emo path,it's only natural that people would prefer the Werewolves because of their more..."manly" character.

You know...Vampires through time...50's,60's,70's,80's...even early 90's were this creepy,dangerous,seductive(for females)figure.After that,they become more of a gothic figure,after 2005 they started becoming more of an emo-gay figure.

So what does the ordinary man think?

I'll say it with my favorite Eddie Izzard British accent:

F*cking heeeey,look at that!

Vampires are more of a chick-flick thing.So what can a man choose now?Werewolves.
    Yeah,werewolves are manly,werewolves howl,shout,they run around,they don't just bite,they are like...the primitive man...figure...thing.

You know what I mean,right?

Vampires now gay.

Werewolves now on their golden dawn.Well not exactly dawn,the sun has just started rising for them again.Maybe we need more new movies with Werewolf characters.

12. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    tbh I'm not too sure when this emo vampire trend started if there's any truth in your words, foi. But w/o any doubt, Stephanie Meyer actually blew the whole thing out of proportion. :S

13. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    When you mean werewolves, you mean the ones that turn at the full-moon and don't remember anything? That are - as Foinikas said - primitive, less human than vampires (not as clever) and big and scary and hairy?

14. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    On a sidenote tho, the vampires and werewolves in BlazBlue are so much more better. No such emo shit going on albeit the only known ones are a certain loli vampire with her werewolf butler. To let you guys know better the awesome nature of Rachel Alucard and Valkenhayn Hellsing, here's a couple of comments from Youtube with Valk being more in the spotlight. ;)

"....And then Valkenhayn killed Jacob, and Rachel killed Edward and Bella.
    And the crowd goes wild as Lycans and Vamps are once again cool."

- starfire 1020 (48 thumbs up)

"You just won the internet with that comment"

- FujinKeima in response to this above comment.

"The reason for his pissed-off look is because he got tricked by Hazama to see Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. So in retaliation he killed the chick who wrote the Twilight series and only spared the actors because after all he is a gentlemen. Now he's out for vengeance against Trollzama. Underworld Style "

- animefreak780 in reference to the vid still in Valk's Howling Moon theme.

15. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Anyone that knows me well, knows that I'm a werewolf. Therefore they win.

16. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Alucard is pretty much the only acceptable Vamp around now. Slayer from GG is cool actually aswell.

As for Werewolves being more manly now....well I always liked them since I can remember and preferred them to Vamps. They just go around stomping faces and displaying their vulgar amount of power.

Tbh the Vampire type I think most fits with that they are would the FR version of the them. BG2 covers them pretty damn well. Vampries in current lore seem to be pretty damn full of life for things that are supposed to be undead :S

The major thing that bugs me. They are dead, how the hell do they have sex? No damn blood circulates!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  17. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ...Why haven't I voted in this thread?

Ok, let me be perfectly clear...

bat < wolf

old school vampire > any werewolf

sparkling vampire < anything... even democrats...

Do we understand?

18. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Sparkling vampire > Algore, but < most democrats.

19. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to lecture you on Tsukihime, but given the fact that you're so biased against it, I doubt anything I say would make sense to you where in fact, it would make sense to a normal person. That plus I think I've stated the whole undead theory within the game before. And imo, vampires dun have to be undead by default to be cool. There's such a thing called thinking out of the box. Think Trinity Blood. With that being said tho, I truly doubt Arc System Works actually made their vampires out to be undead. It's more of that they are immortal ala the True Ancestors in Tsukihime. At least I nvr heard Ishiwatari stating that Slayer was an undead. Ditto for Rachel from BlazBlue as well where Mori's statements are concerned.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  20. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I never said they have to be undead to be cool, I said they have to undead to even be Vampires. If you're going to change that basic fact then you've changed the creature that it is.

Slayer may or may not be undead, but as a character atleast he doesn't debase himself by acting like a twat.