Vader/Revan

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Abishai100, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Abishai100

Abishai100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know this sort of thing can be covered by Fan-Fic explorations, but I've been thinking about this for a long time, since I'm a huge fan of Anakin Skywalker.

Darth Vader saves the day, we know that (or rather Anakin under his terrible Sith mask and with the aid of his heroic son Luke), but prior to that, he is Darth Sidious's main prince (after *spoiler-alert* Darth Maul is killed in The Phantom Menace by Obi-Wan).

Darth Vader is a key element therefore in the history of the Sith, which is why/how Anakin is able to bring balance to the Force (as the story goes). So I think it's prudent to understand how Darth Vader compares to other mighty and/or influential Sith figures.

In particular, I think there should be more discussion about how Darth Vader can be engagingly compared to the potent Sith lord Darth Revan.

Revan is not as primary as Darth Bane, Sidious, or even Maul, but like Anakin/Vader, Revan is a key figure in betrayals and war-change.

That is why a Vader/Revan dualism could illuminate some great concepts about the intelligence of the Sith.

o_O

Order of the Sith Lords (Wiki)

sith.jpg

2. Malazan the Moderate

Malazan the Moderate Guard of Gondolin

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    I've often heard that that, as far as self-contained plots go, that Knights of the Old Republic had a better "redemption arc" than the films and I can certainly see that. Things are actually planned out in the game (especially the twist).

3. Thorald

Thorald New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are actually few parallels if any. It is actually much more interesting for Raven: In the Knights of the Old Republic you actually play as Darth Raven but don't know about it till the latter part of the game. You begin as Jedi who lost memories of his past and train to be a Jedi and eventually defeat the Sith Lord Darth Malak who came to power after defeating and killing his master and taking his place. And later in game you learn that his master was not actually killed: he survived but lost his memory and is actually you. In the end you defeat Malak either to save galaxy for Jedi if you choose to stay one or to take back your lordship of the Sith if you turn to dark side again.