Use of the Debating Section

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Overread, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    I want to take a moment to remind all users of a few things regarding the debating section;

At this time I also want to point out that no one is in trouble and I think that's a state everyone wants to remain in. This is purely a reminder on behaviour.

1) Use of the debating section is to share ideas and thoughts on a wide variety of topics. It is not here to convert others to your way of thinking and whilst we encourage people to elaborate on their thoughts we don't want to see people getting irate when others do not agree.

2) It is perfectly fine, normal and to be expected that you will end up agreeing to disagree at times with people. TFF has users from the world over from a huge variety of backgrounds.

3) Hostile language will not be tolerated. This is a debate not a fight; you make your point and let others decide if they do or do not agree.

4) The use of the debating section is a privilege not a right. Repeat moderator warnings can result in revoking of the right to use this section. Where possible moderators will use this instead of suspensions/bans from the forum entirely (respecting that debates on certain topics can become very passionate).

5) When debating topics such as religion or politics please remember to remain respectful to other members beliefs and ideals. Again this is NOT a place to ram your beliefs/ideals down others throats. Hold your view point and allow and respect others to have theirs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.