US government shutdown talks

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by azuren82, Apr 10, 2011.

1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I think by now, the crisis is already over as in the shutdown has been avoided. What I'm trying to get from you guys would be how you all think concerning certain issues being brought forth and/or implemented in the process. Not to mention any and every cynical take on US politics as long as you got your legit grounds.

Just discovered one thing in the process though:

FYI, here's what got horse traded to keep Planned Parenthood last night: $1.5 billion from high-speed rail, $229 million from the FAA, $280 million from the transit investment fund, and $149 million from public housing.

this is from an online poster in a certain mature discussion forum and seriously, this will go down as one of the most ass backwards political decision I've ever seen. -.-

2. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I don't know too much about the US budget talks. However, this sort of thing is to be expected in a country so utterly devided.

Generally, people will take positions and dig in. And, in the end, there will be a lot of horse trading. That's politics for you.

In the end, though, everyone will be disappointed.

3. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    imo now the most problematic thing is the fact that the media in the big US of A is so bloody biased on the political grounds. Meaning we're seeing a case of either the vast majority being brainwashed or the remaining portion grown utterly disillusioned at the political insanity before them. Hooray for the land of rights and freedom! -.-'