Updates to TFF

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Boomer, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone!

It has been awhile since I have given you all an update as to how TFF is doing and where we are going. So here we go.

TFF has hit a bit of a lull during these summer months and the off season for LoTR. Unfortunately the season will not shine on LoTR again until the Hobbit Movie comes out. Yes there is the DVD release but that is never really that much of a surge anywhere. So the question of how can we increase forum activeness here comes up.

Here are some of my proposals.

1. I am going to create a Hobbit Movie forum. If we can get a jump on this we can become a leading place for Film Talks. So expect that today!

2. New skins. I am putting the finishing touches on some new skins. They will all be the same kind of style yet will be available in different colours with new flavours coming out all the time. I will have some previews soon. Wait! Actually here:http://www.deviantart.com/view/8366469/ that is the begining of the default skin. It needs some work but that will be the default along with white, blue and green for now. Orange will come soon after.

3. Fantasy Vault will not be coming back for awhile. I think I am going to put a redirect on it to the fantasy forum. I feel we are doing well enough here and this takes a lot of work to keep running as it is. If it comes back it will be as a blog type site with all sorts of categories and things. (hint hint).

4. Some people have e-mailed me asking me if if TFF is ever going to become a pay site. The answer will always be no. I think if we end up having to make people pay to belong here we are having some serious issues and they need to be resolved quickly.

5. Reorganization. We are going to be reorganizing the boards a bit within the next coming weeks. To streamline things a little. There are some forums we no longer need or that have not been posted in, in quite some time. These will be mixed with the others.

There are a lot more things coming our way here at TFF. Keep your eyes open!

2. Asgath

Asgath Heavy-metal dwarf

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm all up for helping, I'v been pretty inactive from the site for awhile, and I agree it needs something to get people back in.

If I come up with any idea's, I'll be quick to inform you about them, and I say that anyone else of the forum should too. Need anything, just ask

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Boom does it again. Im behind you 100% if this'll make things even better! Well done boom.
    I noticed one change before I got the email about it.

4. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.

5. Khamul

Khamul Roaming

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I have been gone for a while too....

One suggestion that might bring some activity in: If we hosted forums for gaming clans or something. If there was a subsection and then they would be able to post all their stuff there, etc. I have seen a number of them with proboards, and I am sure they would rather have a kick a style set like this than something crappy.

6. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    We have done this before and it did not work out Khamul.

7. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Looks good, Boom.