Untitled/Home

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Nemain, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Nemain

Nemain New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I do not know how to tell this. This is a story about myself, but I don’t understand it. I do not remember where I come from or who I were there. It’s nothing but fragments of another woman’s life, and I don’t even know her name. But some day I will know, when the time is right. This is where my story begins, a mountain with five stones. The stones stand in a circle, and in the middle of the stones I found myself.

I didn’t know why I had to reach the top of this small mountain. It’s not even a mountain, it is more like a hill. Later I was told the hill was called Hill of Fate. I told them, the ones I do not know by name nowadays, that I had to go. They didn’t ask, so I left them. For some reason the hill forced me to reach its top. I couldn’t do anything but climb. Then it just went black. None of this is what I can remember, it is what the high priest told me when he tried to see where I came from. But he could only see this, no more. Then he told me I had another life in this life, he do not understand, neither do I.
    I awoke here, where I am sitting right now, in the middle of the stones. The first thought that passed through my mind was “home, I am home!”. It was nothing strange with that, I could not remember where I came from. Suddenly I heard a voice. A beautiful voice, singing softly a song about the Goddess, and I knew I heard that song before. Later the high priest told me that I came from a world were they worship Jesus Christ, and I could have known nothing about the Goddess. But I knew that song. The voice came closer and I saw a woman walking towards the circle. She stopped singing when she saw me and before I could think I said “Mother?”. It was a strange feeling, I felt that I finally had found my home, my childhood. The woman embraced me, we cried and smiled at the same time and then she opened her mouth and said “My child? My daughter, where have you been?”. I had no answer and remained silent, she embraced me again and took my hand. We walked together down the hill and I knew that I had been there before.
    When we came down behind the hill a saw a big house made of stone, women walking in and out, everyone had something to do. An old man sat on a stone with a harp and played a song. When they saw us, when they saw me they all stopped, standing still, looking at me until someone cried out “she has returned!” and they all knelt before me and I saw that they all had a green dress, same as I had. I recognised every face and this feeling of coming home were so strong. The man began to play again and some women came and greeted me, bowing down their heads and touched my forehead and I did the same to them. I knew them all by name and they asked me where I had been, but still I had no answer. In my head I had a perfect map of the hill and its forest around, I knew every path and every song. So many years I spent in another world, still I could remember everything.
    After one moon the Goddess called to me. I went up the stones and sat there the whole night, waiting for her to speak. Views from another world haunted me, I saw it all. How the humans destroyed the beautiful world She once created, how they turned their hearts away from Her. I saw myself take away my hand from her, I was Her, I saw them torture themselves till the day they realised what they had done. But then they were too far away from me, they didn’t come back. They created their own god, a god filled with terror and doom, rules and sins. An evil hand put over humanity, over every living creature, leaving them to destroy and torture everything I once created. The hand overshadowed my pure world, made the people regret that they followed their own hearts, begging for forgiveness and crawling at their gods feet, hoping for another life. My body, weak without my soul, forced me to return to the stones. I could not speak, not breathe on my own. It was my soul’s will to live on, the need to tell the truth that made me survive till the morning, when my mother’s cry woke me up, she carried me down the hill and she did not leave my side for two weeks, when I was unable to speak or even eat on my own. I could not move, not tell them what I had to tell.
    My body was weak, but somehow I forced myself to move and with my mother’s help I could leave my room. But what I saw when I came out of the stone house made me fall down on my knees. The forest was gone. The old woods that protected us for centuries were gone, around us it was nothing. We could not pass through the mist, and after that, no one came to us again.
    “We are leaving this world, my daughter”, my mother said with sadness in her beautiful green eyes, a mirror of my eyes, “and so do I”. I cried and cried, but this time she could not wipe away my tears. She told me nothing was left for her here, I had made her stay too long and she had to go now. I could do nothing but weep when I saw the only mother I have ever known walk into the mist and disappear within it. She did not look back, but I know that she did not cry. The old man, the only priest here, lay his hand on my shoulder and spoke to me, but no words could heal me, and I walked after my mother but I could not follow here. I couldn’t leave the hill, I couldn’t pass through the mists.
    And here I stand, all alone, the last of the Goddess’s priestess’. I will never se anyone again, I am the only survivor in this world. And outside I know the world goes on, it runs fast towards the Apocalypse with their own god. They do not see it is their god that will annihilate the world with their one life and sins. They do not see that they’re already creating the very last crusade...
    I can do nothing but stand here, hoping for something to happen that could change the turns of Earth. It is nothing left for me here, soon I will follow my mother into the mists, but the times is different. It may take days as well as years for me to pass through it. You would call it to die, but time is different here. I will just walk through the mists to my mother and the only ones I have ever loved in this world.

I decided to post something, an old short-story I made for English-class. It's almost fanfic, the closest I can get 'cause I don't like it. I like to create my own stuff :]
    The original title was "Home", we had to write something with that title, but I don't really like it...

2. BBallForLife

BBallForLife New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I like it. you should add on to it and make it longer