United Cutlery Info

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by ladyhawk, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Elladan

Elladan Son of Elrond

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's encouraging that Kit has made two visits to the board within the past week. It's a very nice way of showing that UC cares about its customers, past and potential.

Plus it keeps us from the wild guesses we are wont to make. Hopefully a lot of issues will be laid to rest by his responses.

2. theoden

theoden 1st Marshal of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update kit, hope all of you with pre-orders for Gud get yours soon, my LWK pre-order will be some time it seems.

3. ladyhawk

ladyhawk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks from me also Kit. Getting an update from you on LWKs was great. We really do appreciate the posts from you and hearing what's happening on your end. I don't mind the wait for UC's products because I know when I do get them, they will look great.

4. s0lange

s0lange New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kit, thank you for candour concerning the delays to LWK. Having such good information is really appreciated and makes the wait more than understandable.

5. s0lange

s0lange New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [Aside] ...there's been a bit of personal bummer in the wait for LWK for me, as the knives are a special surprise present for my partner (who drools over every glimpse of them on the screen).

As far as i know he hasn't yet stumbled across UC's reproductions - i know he would have ordered the knives in the blink of an eye if he did. in the interests of maintaining the element of surprise mum's been the word.

in the meantime the wait for LWK has meant missing out on the limited Anduril which i would have otherwise definitely have purchased. *mournful wail*

Of course as soon as LWK arrive, i'm hoping we can bankrupt ourselves choosing other pieces in the collection together. Maybe we can snap up a limited Shards and Gimli's helm before they also disappear.

Hopefully my pre-order's amongst the first few hundred...

6. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting Kit. I just misunderstood what you were saying. It is good to hear that the product is indeed beautiful; as all of the UC pieces are. And thank you for the info on LWK. It is always good to hear little pieces of information like that. Makes the wait that much easier.

7. urbanharlequin

urbanharlequin Golden Marshall, 3rd Wing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WHY MUST LIFE BE SO UNFAIR!!... I don't know about ya'll but I am definitely feeling the sticky end of the stick right now. I had problems refraining from going the good old American route and charging the entire selection back in Sep. Now Kit is talking about their plans to release more... *sigh...wimper...weeping openly in public places...*

Honestly, all of the swords have so much appeal I can only gawk at them. Although, the set of Rohan swords does look beautiful. I think my wife would let me get the Eowen (?spelling?) sword... one more bullet for women power.

8. tharkun

tharkun coraxion

Netherlands and between heaven and (middle)earth
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that's also my point, it was one of the firts swords released, and in the movie there's also a really great scabbard!!!!!

9. gimli_29

gimli_29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey kit, I was wondering, with the problems of the LWK, will that postpone the release date of GImli's Axe? And if so when will it aproxamatley be coming out?

10. Calarustithil

Calarustithil Smith of Gondolin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know the pearly white scabbards Kit mentioned but I can't picture the dark brown scabbards. In the Weapons and Warfare book there is a picture of Legolas's harness and shoulder straps, is this what he means? Could someone post a pic?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  11. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have seen the ones in the EE DVD. I don't think that they go as well with the white handles as the white scabbards would.

But having white plastic ones, like Kit said they would be, would be a total disservice to the awesome knives they are to hold.

12. Elven Prince

Elven Prince The Prettiest One

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats true..white plasticy ones would be a disservice. Were the movie probs plasticy though? or is there somehow possible to get white leather?? I'm not very familier with the dying possibliites on leather.

13. nasnandos

nasnandos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gimli's battle axe is in the tooing stage right now. I expect a test sample in a few weeks but production could be 3-4 months away depending on testing and revisions, New Line approval, et cetera. The walking axe is also in the works for much later. We do plan on doing all 5 pieces eventually. It depends how the first few sell.

We could look at doing the Legolas scabbards in white leather, but I don't beleive that material was leather. It may have been intended to be some sort of white wood in FOTR, though its color does not match the handle wood, which is almost ochre. Too bad there is not a photo of the leather version in the weapons and warfare book. It looks very good with the knives.

14. gimli_29

gimli_29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thx soo much kit, i realy appreaciate it. and im glad to hear that they will be coming out with all 5 of his axes. so thx again, :D

15. Tenaka

Tenaka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In the EE the scabbard for the white knives were plastic, the sound when he sheathed the knives gave that away. Either the FOTR EE or TTT EE shows Richard messing with the white knives...

16. ERUMATAR

ERUMATAR Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Something is really clear and for sure: I'm not going to pay the 299 euros that all these items cost usually, for a piece of plastic, it's none of my business, man.

I think that UC when does something does it well or doesn't do it at all.

God Bless U All :devilspin

17. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To Kit:

How long will "Glamdring", "Sting" & "Hadhafang" stay in production?

Thanks in advance!

P.S I know this question may seem a little weird, but to my defense:
    1) I live in Norway,so I have to pay around $70 for S&H for each sword
    2) I have limited funds, so I'll probably use the whole year saving up for these three
    sword

Therefore I just want to know when the production of these swords will stop, so that
    I'm able to purchase all of them.

By the way, you're doing a great job Kit, keep up the good work!

18. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Glamdring & sting will be in stock as regular Itemsfor many years to come.

You can only purchase the swords thru a retailer. So the questions you asked about shipping is not really a concern of there's. Let me explain. United Cutlery does not sell the swords, only authorized retailers do, so you should direct your questions to the retailer of your choice, be it us or who ever you choose to deal with. Many folks are unaware that they do not market these swords directly from their site so I am just trying to clarify that..thanks for your interest!

And thanks Kit for the comments, good to see you back!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  19. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Swordsman! Now I can be confident that I'll one day have these beautiful
    pieces on my wall. (And maybe even more;))

20. Calarustithil

Calarustithil Smith of Gondolin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I imagined the white scabbards being made of some type of polished bone, but I suppose using bone would just be impossible. I am shure whatever UC ends up doing they will look great.