Unfair Unlimited Anduril

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by j_ertl22, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Sky I see it is hopeless. Everyone just says the same thing over and over. No one is complaining about the value decreasing. And don't tell us not to complain. I don't think that anyone can comprehend what is being said. Oh well. :puke:

2. q-tip

q-tip New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :duh: Stop crying and get a Kleenex.

3. nazguls

nazguls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me see if I get this straight.

1) None of you who are complaining are complaining that the swords 'may' decrease
    in value.

2) You still love your Anduril.

3) You are complaining because UC release a whole bunch of UE right after all the
    LE got snapped up.... and that UC didn't pre-inform anyone about their intentions.

Okay, so let me ask you guys this question....

1) What difference would it have made to you IF UC had announced from the very
    beginning that it will release both the UE and LE before it hit the market?

Would you still have bought your LE irregardless of the fact that you know there
    was going to be a UE line?

If the answer is "NO - no difference"... then what's the complaint about?

If the answer is "YES - makes a difference"... then does that mean that you
    might have decided to get the UE instead of the LE? If this is the case, then
    what would have been the deciding factor? Price? Value ? Money? Accuracy?

4. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    :321:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  5. Skyanide

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, yes, to any of those points.

6. maleman

maleman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My guess is the "specialty" of owning the LE decreases because of the availability of the UE. You will feel different if you can proudly say that you own 1 out of 5000 and only 5000 in the world (not 1 in 5000 LE, but there are 1 million other similar looking swords).

Anyway, I love my Anduril and felt lucky to be able to get it early enough.

7. j_ertl22

j_ertl22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started this thread a couple days ago. I totally agree with maleman. It's not the $$$ value, just the specialty of owning 1 of 5000 swords in the world. I know that the UE is different, but not that different. There's no number, no autograph and no gold pommel lettering. Thats it.
    I think this thread is getting out of hand. My goal in starting this thread was to get some input from other LE owners on how they felt. I was upset at the time, but after reading many of the posts, I feel better.
    If it was up to me, I would wish that everyone could own the LE. I'm not bitching about getting one. I just wanted to find out how other owners felt.
    Bottom line is I love my Anduril and I always will. I just thought is lost part of the special feeling you get when you own a limited edition of anything. Thanks all for your input.

8. DragonTamer

DragonTamer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought 4/10 of the Conan sword from albion it is an investment sword. 1/5000 won't exactly grow in leaps and bounds but numbered swords are always more valued than silly flea market quality swords. I say it isn't crazy to spend gobbs of money for a sword I just dropped 10,000 for mine and I say go out and find it and ask the company to set you up with a payment plan they will work with you so you can get it if you bug the hell out of them.

9. Skyanide

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I 110% agree with that. Let's put it to bed.

10. DragonTamer

DragonTamer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how long have you collected?

11. shadow25_1

shadow25_1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

haha, this is from a page back, but i didn't mean bug about sending to me, as in don't trust. More of a "whennitgon'come whennitgon'come" annoying-them-in-the-fruitless-hope-that-it-will-come-faster-manner.

muahahaha

12. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is un-happy with their LE Anduril... I will gladly buy it from you. Let me know :p

and if you want to keep it... stop complaining :p

13. Skyanide

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Sure, $1200 USD, send me a money order only...

14. Durendar

Durendar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Actually if you really wanted to make a statement and protest the UE edition you could wait until the UE is out and selling and the LE price goes down some, then attempt to buy every LE Anduril as humanly possible then break them all...or all but one...that's what you call a limited edition...

15. Skyanide

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Or insane....

Mwuahahaha :balrog:

16. legolas-the-true

legolas-the-true Son of Thranduil.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with "Fingolfin" and "q-tip", some of you guys are really being selfish on the subject! For starters all of you who are cursing United Cutlery for releasing a second edition of the sword ( actually, the 3rd edition if you think about the Narsil sword ) is disgusting. You have nothing to worry about to begin with, the differences between the two editions are more then enough to recognize them as 2 completely different swords. The only people that are going to care about value are the ones that know the information about them, and none of them are going to mistake the Limited Edition for the Unlimited Edition. For this reason alone, UC made sure to mark the two so no one would mistake them or so some one would not try to pass it off as the cheaper version. UC made sure to mark the sword itself, so it's not just the plaque that makes it Limited, we all know that the actual sword differs by 2 things. The Limited Edition contains the number out of 5,000 printed on the sword and also has the 24k gold lettering on the pommel, both these marks will not be found on the Unlimited Edition of the sword itself, so there is nothing to worry about as for value.

Second, if you really want to get technical, it's really the 3rd edition. Basically it's exactly the same sword as Narsil ( which was never Limited to begin with ), it is Narsil. It is the reforged sword of Narsil. The only real thing that separates the two is the Elvish runes on the blade, other then that it's the same sword from the same mold. And if you want to go even further there is also the Shards of Narsil which is still the same sword only broken. The only reason and we all know it, that any of you are pissed off, is because you no longer have something to "brag" about, or "show-off" to every one and say "I'm the biggest Lord of the Rings fan because I have the biggest pocket book and I can by my fandom, for I own the rarest sword available and you don't".

In the end, you think people are going to care what you have and they don't? This is a big world, and it's just getting bigger everyday. These books have been revered by readers and fans for over 4 decades now, long before any movie was ever made. The book has been read by over 50,000,000 ( 50 Million ) people world wide. Only 5,000 swords were made world wide. How heartless that is of you to bicker and deny over 49,995,000 people that would give there right arm to have one just because they loved the stories, most of them wouldn't care about Limited Editions, they just want to share in the fortune of these great stories. I'm sure some of you who are cursing others have probably never even read the books, you're just caught up in the hoopla like a bunch of Trekkies or Force-Fanatics because of the sudden popularity and special effects. Where were you 10 years ago when the real fans were looking for merchandise such as this when none of you even ever heard of a Frodo Baggins or the Barrow Wights, or Tom Bombadil?

Last, I myself just bought a Limited Edition on ebay because I too am a fan of LOTR, and have been all my life since I first saw the animated version back in the 80's. Don't worry about the value, since the announcement of the Unlimited Edition the Limited Edition has skyrocketed in value on ebay. Just last week the highest bid was about $370.00 just in the last few days it went from the highest of $450-$512 to now as much as $800.00 People are going crazy for this version, so you greedy people who worry about there investment don't have much to worry about, the more swords that are sold, Limited or Unlimited just creates a bigger demand, which makes the Limited in a higher demand, and that's where value comes from anyway, supply and demand.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  17. Durendar

Durendar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Apparently Legolas also doesn't read your posts j_ertl22 about it not being about money. The key is what no one seems to be talking about as much as they should, this is about trust. They printed "strictly limited to 5000 pieces world wide" in an effort to make people buy as fast as possible for fear of not getting any ever. Whether it benefits some people, and I don't care if its millions of people dancing in the damn street, it breaks down to they went back on their word and can no longer be trusted. Which means the REAL problem isn't Anduril, no one is talking about the REAL problem, its all the LE's in the future. Kit didn't want a UE, comprende? He didn't want to go back on their word and the suits over ruled him. He understood the problem it would present. Now when they release the EXTREMELY LIMITED Sauron Collection and others that are only 1,500 pieces you don't know if it really is LE or if they will make a UE later. You could decide it will all be UE one day, not get one, find out there is no UE and have to pay many times the price to get one. Also you could go to very great lengths to get one and pay the heavy price for it, only to find out later there will be a UE. This is way bigger than Anduil which doesn't piss me off near as much as having to worry about the LE's of the future.

18. Skyanide

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    You hit the nail on the head there, Durendar.

Legolas, some of you scraped together the money for the LE like I did, great for you. I have no worry about its future value, pal, my collection isn't a $1000 or a $2000 collection, try $18 000 collection. Every year for the past 3 I buy a Gold Limited Hibben Knife BECAUSE it is limited, not because of the value, but because I lke them, and it is my plan that they stay in my family to get passed onto my 3 sons. So thanks for your opinion, I have a place for you to put it :moon1: .

For all of you yammering about not getting an LE, how we (LE owners) want to deny millions of prospective sword owners?:rolleyes: I personally don't give a crap about who has the same sword I do. What rock have you been hiding under? I was in on the ground floor almost 3 years ago. You'd think that you'd have noticed and put a pre-order in 6 months ago like me.

As much as you may want to deny it, UC advertised one thing, and delivered another. I'm happy with my sword, but I feel lied to.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  19. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Durendar and Sky got it right! This is exactly what we have been trying to summarize through the whole thread.

Legolas, and Q-tip and the many others who like to post before reading all of the previous posts... :fuckyou:

Don't come on here and preach to us Legolas you insolent sh*t. Don't tell me that I have never read the books, and that I am just jumping on the bandwagon. You don't know a f#^king thing about any of us! :nono: And don't tell me how you buying the sword makes it that much more valuable a purchase because you are a loyal fan. What the hell do you think we are you dumbass??? :monkeyass

20. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NAt I am behind you 100% on you expressing your opinions. Behind you all the way buddy! I may or may not agree with all your opinions all the time but Im for your right to express yourself. Howeever we do have to realize that not only does United Cutlery visit here, but so do many other people of many age groups and religions. Lets clean this one up buddy or it will have to. Ok? We all need to step back and have fun and enjoy or place. Don't let some stupidity gone to seed cause you to do things that you will regreat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.