Ultramarines

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by Blackness, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    I think the problem is they used to listen to the fans - but now htey are ltd they listen to the shareholders. Balance is out of hte window - they need an easy army (marines) to get new people in and then each new army release note how that army is always overpowered (Tau, new orcs etc...) To attract new players to that army who are keen to win.

I really do think they need to adopt the Privateer Press approach - balance the whole game once and release rule book and codexes all at once and balanced. New army units and redesigns can then be done on a the time scale as they have now - and that way at least the armies are balanced together.
    I would also like to see them use the FAQs better - like update and review them - nids didn't get a 4thedup date until 5thed came out -- rather late by then

2. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    I dont think there's much chance of that happening. :(

3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Not unless fans get rich and buy up all the shares :(

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The Balance is fairly ok tbh, it's just that certain armies don't do well against others and vice versa. It's a case of "one man's trash is another man's treasure" except in terms of "dealability" if such a word can be used.

Not every Marine chapter is the same either. Playing against Nids as a BA player isn't so hot because I'm very melee orientated, but say for an Imperial Fist army that shit must be cake.

5. ScreenXSurfer

ScreenXSurfer Better Than You

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lol. While I understand where you're coming from (my Tyranid forces fall in droves to Space Marines), I just have to remind you that awesome is measured in units of Space Marines.