UC shield replicas full scale petition

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by EKS, Feb 3, 2004.

1. EKS

EKS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    shields full scale

does anyone know if UC is leaning toward making them full scale, or they have decided to make them 1/3 to 1/4 scale, and are not going to change their mind? Because i won't buy them if their are not to the scale of the swords, they would just look dumb!!!!!!!!!!

2. Time Seller

Time Seller New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: shields full scale

I don't know really, but for sure I will buy a full scale shield, nevertheless I will think a lot about adquire a 1/3 or 1/4 shield, but it depends mainly on the price.

A full scale boromir shield will be awsome... :D

3. ERUMATAR

ERUMATAR Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I reject buying a shield that's not a full scale one.It would look ridiculous between real scale swords, like a hobbit shield between the elf weaponry.

NO THANKS!!! REAL SCALE PLZ!!! :fightyou:

4. gandalf23

gandalf23 The White Wizard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Erumatar,
    i am in total agreement with you. the shields need to be full scale(according to character) in order to look normal in front of the scale swords and helms.

As far as UC making them full scale or not, i have not heard anything of the sort.
    sorry.

if anyone knows anything chime in...

full scale for me please.

5. Garko

Garko New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would take high quality minis.

I dont live in a museum size appartment and would appreciate the space that would save.

6. Aragorn II

Aragorn II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The whole point of aquiring a collection like this is that it IS a collection, that it looks right together. This theory has been used in relation to hobbit and dwarf sized items, it should hold true with shields as well. Placing a half-sized Boromir shield next to his full-sized sword would just look odd, if not downright wrong. A full sized sheild collection is the appropriate additon to the UC line of replicas. If you're looking for minature's, Weta has an assortment of small sized weapons, but I want full sized to match my UC swords!

7. Deepwood Sniper

Deepwood Sniper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am in full agreement, anything less than full size shields would look out of place next to the swords that have been sized appropriately for the characters.

8. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No mini scale here, it would down right weird, full scale EWS and helm then a mini shield, I don't think so......

9. j_ertl22

j_ertl22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The BB site says they'll be 1/3 to 1/2 to scale. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

10. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well I guess we will just have to start a petition and( as the sonic comercial says)
    Get them up to FULL SIZE......

11. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Here I copied this from BBB

{Quote}Kit Rae, United Cutlery's Art Director, has confirmed that United Cutlery is considering making Shield Replicas in 1/3 to 1/2 scale. This could be a large addition to United's already huge collection of Lord of the Rings weapons and armour replicas line, if they decides to carry through with the shield plans. Some of the possibilities could be Boromir's Shield, Easterling Shield, Uruk-Hai & Orc Shields, Rohan Shields, and Elven Shields, just to name a few.{endQuote}

I think this stinks that would just be retarded to half a full scale Helmet Full scale sword, an dthen make the shield 1/2 or even 1/3, I would not get it, it would not be worth the price, unless it was less than $75...

12. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did you guys know that Numenorean/Gondorian and Uruk shields are already available? Cost is around 300 USD/£170 Stg.
    They're full size, made of wood and zinc. Very nice they are too. PM me for a link.

The sales pitch:
    "The Uruk-Hai shield measures 50 x 80 cm and is made from many layers of pressed wood, edges and nails in Zinc - with alloy points and a leather adjustable strap for carrying. The Guard Of The Citadel Of Gondor shield is 45 x 97 cm and constructed in identical materials. Both straps must be attached by hand. Hand crafted and imported from Europe. "

13. Tilion

Tilion Was never a

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only (and I mean ONLY) way I would ever consider buying scaled down shields is if there were going to be spears to the same scale. That way I could make a nice shield-over-spears setup. But still I would prefer full sized shields, reasons have been stated enough already above :).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  14. Cyclops9000

Cyclops9000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Full scale all the way!

15. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I would also prefer full sized shields...They'll probably be to expensive for me :( That's a good point that spear and shield scale should be the same!

16. ERUMATAR

ERUMATAR Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's say it loud and clear: if BBB wants to keep their warehouse full of 1/2 and 1/3 shields, let them crash.They will be redeemed by making the Rohan and Boromir blades...

To make that scale shields is as ridiculous as making a full size mumak... :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin

17. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Putting a patition for requesting shields to me made full size is great. That is what a message board is for, but United has already set its mind on the scales listed. It has more to do with keeping them within a price range that is affordable to collectors then it does with size. Most full scale shieldes made out of metal would be out fo reach for most collectors as far as cost goes. ANd Keeping there prices affordable is a very improtant aspect of thei entire line.

18. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

19. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

20. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey UC, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, We want them BIG, we want them BIG,..............