Typo in my "Darkness that Comes Before" OR Prince of Nothing help please!

Discussion in 'General Books' started by boxedj, Apr 7, 2011.

1. boxedj

boxedj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've just begun reading Bakker's Prince of Nothing series and I'm really enjoying it so far. My problem is with what I'm sure is just a mistake in my ebook, but something I can't get out of my head and am looking for clarification on. I'm only halfway through the first book but a contradiction in the timeline has me stopped short. Any help is greatly appreciated!

There may be some small spoilers here but it's just at the beginning of the book. I'm going to copy paste the dates from my E-book:

"Late Autumn, 4109 Year-of-the-Tusk, the Mountains of Demua" (Prologue)
    -This is where Kellhus leaves the Dunyan and confronts the Nonman and runs away.

"Midwinter, 4110 Year-of-the-Tusk, Carythusal" (Part 1 Chapter 1)
    - This is where Achamian meets his spy Geshrunni and then gets summoned back to Atyersus.

"Late Winter, 4110 Year-of-the-Tusk" (Chapter 2)
    - Achamian is in Atyersus and talks to the Mandate Council. He gets told of the holy war and is told to see Inrau in Sumna.

"Early Spring, 4110 Year-of-the-Tusk, En Route to Sumna"
    - Achamian arrives in Sumna and finds Esmenet and Inrau.

There's my problem. He is told to go to Sumna in winter of 4110 and arrives in spring of the same year. Every other date makes sense if he truly arrived in Early Spring 4110, so the other two dates must mean to say 4109!? Right?? Can anyone please please confirm or deny this from a real book or tell me why I'm wrong.