Two Towers Query

Discussion in 'Movies' started by MeltingRoses, Oct 8, 2010.

1. MeltingRoses

MeltingRoses MeltingRoses

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok when Sam rolls down the mountain outside the gates of Mordor and Frodo goes after him, two soldiers go and check out the dust.

Is one of those soldiers a woman???? I mean you can only see their eyes but that one looks so very feminine! And I have a hard time believeing that Sauron would let women into his army!

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    If I recall right the warriors there weren't Saurons (his were mostly orc) but the men from the far east. I don't think Sauron would oppose or promote women in his army provided they did what they needed to do. However I do think that the whole world of middle earth has a more male dominated society overall. Women aren't abused as such, but there are codes of what a man does and what a woman does - even in the people of Rohan where the women learn to defend themselves the army is still all male - which is why when the kings daughter goes to battle its under disguise.

So whilst Sauron might not care I think the men of the east would not send their women to war - especially when its war in lands that are so far removed from their own.

So in the case of the films its either just a case of a slipup story wise (ie a female actor) or just a case that when given less to look at its harder to tell male from female. There was a science pic shown around the net not a long while back where a very minor difference over two totally plain faces made them look like they were different genders just because of a minor difference - I can't find it at the moment however to show.

3. MeltingRoses

MeltingRoses MeltingRoses

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright! That's basically what I thought too!

4. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +311 / 3 / -0
    talking about the movie?... its a movie.. could well have been a woman playing the gobbo.