Twin Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by stevenlink1, Jan 17, 2007.

1. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What are some good lightsaber fan films you've seen that have good twin saber moves? I'm not talking about the saber staff; I'm looking for good footage of a person wielding two lightsabers simultaneously in a fight. Can anyone think of some good clips?

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Art of the Saber. He starts out with a staff saber then splits it in two. That's the only one I've seen of the few I've watched that has double saber action.

3. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but even those moves are completely unrealistic. Besides, those guys appear to be using the toy lightsabers as props, and they can do some things that you wouldn't really go for with more suitable props like those used in the movies.

There must be something inherently unexciting about twin saber fighting. I mean, the Anakin bit in Ep. 2 lasts all of like 5 seconds. I wonder why people tend to shy away from that sort of thing.

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Why is it unlike the movie props? Have you felt how light hollow narrow diameter aluminium tubing is? That's what they used for the movie fight scenes, so similarly, all the weight is in the hand and almost none on the blade. I see no difference personally.

And fighting with 2 weapons in a way that looks good is damned hard. It's all about natural flow. I fight with 2 weapons in my re-enacting group sometimes, and I'm not bad with them, but I like most people tend to do straight chopping attacks. Whereas my brother in law regularly fights with 2 weapons, and he flows really naturally and fluidly. So he can do it and make it look good, and be very effective, but most people can't make it look good. And let's face it, lightsaber fights are all about looking good :)

5. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    eeh.. you could use aylaa secura in SWBF II....:p

6. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I find that the plastic toy lightsaber slide off of one another very easily because they are short and they taper quite a lot down the length of the blade. So, that move where the guy with two lightsabers does that vertical spinning attack pattern, its easier because his opponent's weapon is providing his sabers with little resistance.