TTT hidden DVD features

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mububban, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Can people please post here as they find hidden features on the extended TTT DVD discs? I haven't had a chance to look yet but one friend sent me this:

"...gold ring icon at the end of the 1st DVD scene index"

Anybody found any more?

And while we're at it, does anyone remember where the extended FOTR extras are? It's been so long since I last watched them that I've forgotten!

2. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    These are the FOTR EE ones:

To access The Two Towers sneak peek trailer that was shown briefly in theaters at the end of The Fellowship of the Ring, go to the last page of the scene selections menu area and select the number "48" on the far right-hand side of the screen. Then navigate "down" to reveal a hidden Two Towers symbol. Press "Enter".

To find this one, go into the Scene Selection menu on disc one, and head to the final page where you'll find the real Council of Elrond scene. Highlight that scene and press "down" to find an image of the Ring. Press enter to view the entire clip from MTV complete with an introduction from Peter Jackson.

From the Main Menu of Disc Four, use your down arrow to move down to highlight the ornament at the bottom center of the screen. Selecting this will give you a limited version of the DVD credits.

3. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The Gollum MTV Movie Awards acceptance speech on TTT is accessed the exact same way, except it's under "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit" instead of "Council of Elrond".

4. elvenarcherinarms

elvenarcherinarms Fellow Archr of Mirkwood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a ROTK Teaser as of yet.. or anything in the way of a second easter egg.. *Be sure to let me know if anything crops up during DVD navigation travels ;)