True Chosen One

Discussion in 'Debates' started by silver.kin, Feb 20, 2017.

1. silver.kin

silver.kin silver.kin

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Harry is said to be the chosen one but I can debate against that. Neville is also born around a similar date, both his parents were killed by Voldemort, and he just meets all the qualifications. Also, it wasn't Harry who killed Voldemort. If it weren't for Neville destroying the last horcrux, Voldemort's snake, while Harry was dueling Voldemort, Harry would've died. Harry got all the credit and he did mostly defeat Voldemort but Neville finished him off. I do believe either Neville is the chosen one or they both are. What do you think? There isn't a ton of proof but Neville meets the qualifications, as does Harry. Are they both chosen ones or is there a true one?

2. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +520 / 3 / -0
    Harry is the chosen one, because Voldemort chose him over Neville. at the time the prophecy in question was made, it was unsure, but due to the lack of knowledge on Voldemorts part, he chose to believe that Harry would be more of a threat over Neville. I think, had he not attacked either, nothing would've come of it though. in essence, Voldemort set his own demise into motion. he could've continued along as he was had he not made the error of going after Harry. but that would've ended up being a boring book lol. umm... I feel like I have more to say, but it's been a long day and I'm not thinking clearly right now. plus it's been a while since I read the books, though I do believe Dumbledore goes into detail about the whole chosen one thing when Harry first heard the prophecy. can't remember all the details.