Troy- Achilles Sword

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Gundar, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Gundar

Gundar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, does someone know what quality Achilles sword is,
    like if it can be swinged around or just stay on the display

And id like some pictures too.

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
  3. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    It is a wall hanger sword. This means that it is meant for display purposes. This also means that it wouldn't be suitable for "cutting" or hitting targets. This is due to a rat-tail tang which cannot sustain the stress. The metal, usually stainless steel, is too brittle to sustain impact, and there are other issues as well that other people would be more suited to explaining.

The sword can be swung, and hung on a wall, but should not be used as a sword.

4. Jeff

Jeff New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, what's up. listen, I read your complaint, and also some feedback. i got a good picture too. sorry no one's able to tell you anything. my advice: No matter how much you love the movie, don't get a sword just becuase the websight said "Blah, Blah, Blah, great sword of Achilles, high qualitie stainless steel and perfected bronze cover! beautiful craftsmanship, perfect replica." believe it or not, they're usually pulling your leg and calling you a sucker. most websights that won't go the extra mile to give you manufacturing names, specifications (Rat tail tang, full tang, etc.) or whatever are usually afraid too. they won't dare tell you the sword is a piece of **** wall-hanger becuase they know the movie is a high-action flick that pumps your blood and makes you want to grab a spear and shield. they won't dare risk a sale by telling you the sword has a rat tail tang about the size if a thread that will snap and send the blade fling into the wall. anywho, just wanted to give you a heads up, here's the picture. i can't put an accurate geusse on whether or not the pins go into the blade for a secure grip or if they're just for design unless i can hold the sword, so good luck. sorry this info's comming to you about a month after you wrote your complaint.... later.
    http://www.moviebits.co.uk/productview.php?id=000863

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
Search tags for this page
achilles schwert replica

achilles sword for sale

sword of achilles replica sale
troy achilles weapons and armor