Tricking

Discussion in 'Kung Fu Kult Guild' started by I. R. Shogun, Jun 5, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    By now everyone has seen those cool videos with guys doing backflips off of rooftops and landing to perform a no hands cartwheel to cover enough space to get them to the wall they proceed to flip off of. I've started to learn some of the moves commonly used by these "trickers" and I was wondering if anyone else has taken an interest in this growing art

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I have a friend who does a lot of tricking. He's got a little video out aswell (I'll post it up later when I find it). He tried to get me into it during lunch to do some backflips and stuff. It didn't quite work out. I was also going to go do some stuff myself, but I lack the environment, but I am trying to find some stuff. Also I have eebn quite busy.

I looked at some "parkour" websites which show you how to do wall flips and stuff like that, so I'm gonna go into the field behind my house (its restricted) and tryn running up the wall and flipping off it, since my friend reckons doing the harder stuff means you can learn the basics (flips) easier.

Now...I just need to overcome my fear of bashing my head on the ground.....

3. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    yeah, that's really my problem, and the main reason I havn't actually tried a backflip yet. One of the best ways I've heard to overcome that fear is to get a spotter to help you move in the air. I think it would also help it I had a wall to use that wasn't surrounded by concrete. I'm also loosing a few days of practise because I landed on my leg funny so I can't bend it very well, luckily myy buddies who would help me do a lot of the stuff are out of town so my leg should be better by the time they're back to help me out with the stuff. But I do think your friend's theory is right about the tough stuff first, after all if you can run up mand flip off a wall, a bacdk hand spring doesn't seem to frightening

4. Deathblackfox

Deathblackfox Death Has Come As A Fox

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah! I've tried and found myself waking from unconciusness on the ground. I suggest if you don't want to kill yourself wear at least a little bit of protection. (I learned that the hard way!)

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Good idea, mattresses are a good investment for most tricks

6. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I just want a wall, that has grass all the way upto it (soft grass ofc), so that if I do land stupidly it's not on concrete.

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
  8. Dead Dutchman

Dead Dutchman Regressive

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is this the thing where you jump from building to building and climb walls and stuff, if it is its called
    "Spreeing" In australia, it funny to watch people do it, kind like spiderman.

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    That's part of it, there are several terms that all kind of apply to it, what you described is called Paukore or Freerunning in the states, tricking is kinda the same but you stay more in one area, freerunning can take you all over the place since it was invented to get you to one place as fast as possible on foot