Tolkien Related Tattoo

Discussion in 'Debates' started by jeremiah.l.burns, Oct 26, 2003.

1. GARY

GARY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I finally got my tattoo photos in the gallery but I don't know how to link to them from here.Hope they inspire some of you.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  2. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    They do actually :) I have considered some stuff, and as soon as I can find someone to go with me, I think I'm gonna get one.

And easy way to link em is right click on the picture, select properties and there should be a url. Just paste that into your post :)

3. Galadriel

Galadriel True Heir

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If I'd get a tattoo it would be like a fairie or an elf. Too bad I can not stand blood or needles... :gbounce:

4. GARY

GARY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just make sure that whatever design you choose,you'll still like it when your 50.Go for something timeless.Thats why I chose the celtic designs.I've also got them in places that I can cover up with just a T-shirt.I wouldn't have my forearms done,but that's just my personal choice.
    I presume that you've found a good tattooist already? If you haven't, make sure that you see examples of his or her work before deciding.If they haven't got any examples of their work be very wary.Anyone can set up as a tattoist as long as they satisfy the hygiene regulations.
    Hope I haven't worried you at all.Good luck & make sure you post a photo when it's done.

5. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Sound advice, Gary. Also not a bad idea to think of what that spot will look like in thirty years...saggy? stretched out? Will your butterfly look more like Mothra? hehehe. ;)

And Sorch, I'd tag along to watch you get yours done if I could. I've never witnessed one getting done, as when I got mine done, I was lying back and couldn't see my leg very well...so Aaron got to watch, but not me. ANd I think it'd be quite interesting to see.

6. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Blood...not a problem so much if you don't watch it get done. And needles? Well it's not even really a needle in the traditional thought of needles. It's a needle of course, but it is just so fast and goes in so shallow...well it feels like a scraping more than a stabbing to me. I know people who hate needles and still got tattoos with no problem. You'd be okay.

7. Iluvatar2004

Iluvatar2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My tolkien tat ideas: have the elvish script from the ring tattoed around my finger. I also would have my gf's name tattoed in Elvish on my arm somewhere, in addition to maybe having Narsil tattoed some where on me

8. frodohead172

frodohead172 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think the part from the fellowship when the hobbits are hideing under the tree and the ringwraith is up above.on my back the full pic of it. that would be sweet

9. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I'd get one of an Isengard Wolf, to go with my personality.

10. Azure

Azure Goddess of the Forest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tattoo?
    Never-ever.
    Not my style. ^^

11. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That would be long, expensive, intricate, and quite daring. If you ever went with something of that magnitude, make sure you thoroughly research your artist and his/her abilities.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  12. mrtf21

mrtf21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!!! :) I am new here and I was wondering if anyone knows about the Sarati- the writting of Tolkien. Am interested in having a tattoo written in Sarati but I find it kind of difficult because I can't manage to find much information about this specific writting of Tolkien and I can't even find a way to translate a word or write something. If there is someone who can help please do so... ;)
    Thanks...

13. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well, it was 2004 when I got Tolkien's monogram, and in 2006 I got my Union Flag tattoo.

I've been trying to work out my next tattoo since that time, and have finally come close to a potential winner. You can see it in my current signature.

Search tags for this page

elven circle t for sale