Tolkien Related Tattoo

Discussion in 'Debates' started by jeremiah.l.burns, Oct 26, 2003.

1. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Oh cool. Looking forward to seeing that one.

I've heard that different areas have different levels of pain for different people. So...that makes sense.

2. LadyLaurelin

LadyLaurelin Crazy 88 Member (#19)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    being the girly girl i am, i think it'd be awesome to get arwen's coronation crown (the green one) wrapping around my ankle, because it's so pretty and it'd look pretty cool (here's a pic of her crown...its not a great one, but y'all have seen the movie i hope :D http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Elf/Arwen/Green/Crown/AwCrown_0068_SelfFI.jpg ) I'm a huge eowyn fan tho, so i think it'd be cool to get some of eowyn's lines from the book in elvish w/ an elvish font (ex. her speech to the witch-king...its more than the one line in the movie!) or something like that and then have her crown/circlet thingy above and below the writing (IDK if the circlet thingy'll show up tho b/c its gold....heres a pic of that too... http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Human/Eowyn/Jewelry/EowCrown_0038_SelfFI.jpg )

again, it's all just scenarios, but i do eventually want to get a LotR tattoo. these books (and movies) mean so much to me and they occourred at the right time in my life, when i really needed something to keep me...here, i guess. i know it sounds dumb and corny and it makes my life seem really sad but...ah, its a long story and its boring. this is about tattoos anyway!

so anyway, LotR is definitely not something i'll ever forget, or ever want to forget, and a tattoo seems like it's a good way to commemorate LotR in my life.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  3. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Some good ideas here, Lady. I definately like the crown of Eowyn, and the quote's are a neat idea too. "I am no man...", etc. would be awesome...for a girly girl such as yourself. Hahaha. I don't think I'd get it for myself though, being the manly man that I am. :cool:

Anyways, the only other thing I'd point out is, visit this thread, and consider it a bit. (Just don't want to see you get into any trouble)http://thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4318
    I'm not sure if these rules are for Weapons & Armor areas only, or if they are incorporating them throughout the site...but I do know that I'm gonna watch my ass all over the site from now on. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  4. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehe. well, a manly-man could get some other cool book passage tattooed on them...I don't know, maybe faramir's speech about not liking to fight in Two Towers or one of thte many cool songs. :D
    Oh and thanks for the heads-up about the whole rules thing. I'll be better about it from now on. :D

5. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there's a great deal of good songs one could use. That's something to ponder for awhile. It took me a long time to finally decide on the one I do have. ;-)

Oh, and as for the new rules thing, I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. You seem to be doing quite well, as are most people. And as I said, the rules seemed to be directed towards the Weapons & Armor section, but I don't know if they're carrying them over to the rest of the site or not. I think you're doing fine. I guess I'm just edgy now. I see new rules...I see things that "might" be against them...I try to help out....before an actual mod jumps in. LOL.

I see you're only 15. So you probably don't have any tattoo's yet, do you? I mean, you could always get parental consent...but it's not often that it happens. Do you plan to truely get something when you're 18?

6. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know it isn't too bad but im still trying to do better about the spelling and stuff anyway. I'm very much rather have a friendly reminder from you or another member than have a mod intervene. agh that'd be scaary. lol. i have a fear of authority sometimes. lol. :D
    Yeah, i am onlly 15 and i don't have any yet and I doubt that I'll even try to get the parental consent (because i know they'll say no), but I really want to get one when i'm 18. my brother is gettting one (he's 18) and some of his friends have some. actually, his friend david got a pretty big celtic cross (lots of ink in it) on his shoulder blade that is really cool, and he said it didn't hurt too bad, which is good news beacuse david's a big wimp about pain. :D
    So i do have pretty serious plans about getting a tattoo when I'm 18, but I don't know what yet. who knows, maybe I'll get a few if i can't pick just one :D

and i thought up another tattoo! :D
    i think it'd be cool if a guy (prabably an aragorn fan) got elessar's crown wrapping around their leg ( like the arwen crown idea i had earlier) and maybe even have the elvish sone he sings at the coronation ceremony underneath it. (you know, the one that goes in English "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world." yeah...its a lot cooler in sindarin i swear! :D ) IDK, just more ideas i have in my odd brain.

7. aini

aini Elenya

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You've got some good ideas LadyLaurelin!

Since there's a while until you can actually have a tattoo done maybe you should try and put together some of these designs for yourself? Design your own based on these fabulous Lord of the Rings ideas and then you'll have something truly original.

It is worth waiting until you're 18 and you're really sure about what it is you whan to get tattooed and where. I'm sure you've read most of this thread already but Jeremiah wrote a really long and useful piece a few pages back:

http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1664&page=2

Basically it's the 'do's and don'ts' of getting a tattoo!

If you do draw any designs I'd love to see them! Great imagination by the way - enjoy your time here!

8. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the advice! :D
    oh and that piece jeremiah wrote was really interesting! thanks for writing it jeremmiah and thaks for posting it again aini! :D

9. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    No problem! I hope it's helpful!

10. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it is!
    I never really put too much thought into the location aspect of it until i read that, so that's good :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  11. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You mean, location as far as shops go? Or location on the body? I assume you mean shops, because you've already mentioned several ideas for body location.

12. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    both actually
    but mostly the shops :D
    i think i'll go where my brother's friend (the wimpy one) went and he said it wasn't painful!

13. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Take someone with you. Gives courage, and I imagine it's more fun than if you're alone. The place I went allows one "visitor" of your choice in the "booth"/"room" with you.

14. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, david brought my brother with him. I don;t know who i'd bering, but i'm sure it would be more fun with a friend. :smurf:

15. aini

aini Elenya

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    One of my friends came with me for my first tattoo. We were both having them done and (of course) I had to go first. It's nice because it's someone to talk at you and distract you a bit - the first one's always a bit odd.

Anyway, I then had to sit and watch my friend having her's done - which was great because I don't like blood/needles (and I've got 3 tattoos how ...?). She was having hers done just off to one side on her lower back and giggled all the time bacuse it tickled. Apparently it has that effect on some women (and my tattoo artist said that some women even get turned on by the whole experince - sorry, you're probably too young for that!)

Also, it's nice to have someone to take you to the pub afterwards!

16. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol
    she giggled the whole time? well, it's better than having someone complain about the pain or something like that.
    Oh and i'm not too young for that kind of talk; i have an older brother who's got some pretty dirty friends. I've heard a lot worse than that, don't worry.
    I hope that some of my friends would be willing to come when I get my tattoo...they don't like blood or needles, but I'd talk them into it! :D

17. aini

aini Elenya

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    will have to have words with your brother about this corruption of your youth!!!!
    dirty jokes, tattoos, what's next!?*

It's funny though how it's always the blokes that complain more about the pain. The last tattoo I had I was merily drinking cups of tea through! Men just can't take it!

(love the scary squirels by the way!)

18. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    <Ahem> I took it just fine, thank you! ;-) Hahaha.

But oh, to be a tattoo artist with a girl who got turned on by such a thing. :)

Giggling though? Wow. That's pretty unique. Was she pissed (drunk) at the time?

19. aini

aini Elenya

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nope - she's just that sort of girl!!!! About an hour later she/we were a wee bit tipsy though - we had to go and dull the pain, of course! (and then she had to go back to Uni ... and play with chemicals in the Chemistry lab ...!)

But yep, my tattoo artist was telling me all about the effects that they have on some women (and the noises they make - too much info?) - some people are just ... erm, 'more sensitive' in certain places than others!

It's the whole pleasure/pain thing all over again!

My sister has been back at the tattooists this afternoon. Oh, she's running out of body! She's had 'Angel' written on the base of the back of her neck - and my Mum's not at all impressed. I'm (probably) off to see her tomorrow afternoon so I'll try and take some photos (if I can get her to stay still).

... and I'm sure you grinned and bore the pain just fine Jerry mate!

20. LadyLaurelin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol. thanks for complimenting my squirrels.
    oh and i guess david the wussy ( my brother's friend) made some odd noises when he got his tattoo...I didn't really want my brother to elaborate on that, so that's all i know. :p

Search tags for this page

elven circle t for sale