Tolkien at the End of Time

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Stardus Wildus, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Stardus Wildus

Stardus Wildus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.sharronrose.com/SharronTolkien1.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Comments?

Anyone have any conclutions about this paper? Any thoughts?

2. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    ehhh.... I think it's way far out there. Another one of those critics who put meanings into a book that the author never intended or dreamed of.

3. Stardus Wildus

Stardus Wildus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JRR Tolkien was a member of the Druids secret Society (Order of the Dragon)

He would of had access to many secrets and books that the general public wouldnt know even exist.
    Including books of the ancient history of mankind.Tolkien knew the deepest secrets of Alchemy

Much of the records of knowledge has been secreted and guarded and even destroyed.
    There is still a wealth of literture all over the world that await the explorer.

I beleive the history of the earth is infinitely older than the modern historian admits. There are many and various sects, orders, and even philosophical fraternitys, who possess exhaustive records and treatises describing the evolution of man upon this planet. and of that part that our Solar Syatem plays in the Cosmic scheme.

If the pure and orignal root of these different beliefs can be uncovered, it will be found to be identical in most respects. In each case we discover that the one God over all was cknowledged, and that the existance of Hierarchy was well understood, and was tbulated and represented under the names of various gods and goddess, nature-spirits and demons. The seven Great Spirits, their colours, attributes and elements, the seven planes and man's sevenfold bodies were all carefully studied and analysed. The Great Cosmic Cycles and Ages, as ruled by the signs of the Zodiac, and all astrological inluences, both psychic and chemical, where subject to intesive research.

Everywhere in the world the same Ancient Wisdom can be traced, until its widespread stamping out and persecution at the beginning of the Dark Ages which we are just emerging.

The 2000 years of the Piscean Age (aka The age of man) draws to a close with the nineteenth canturt, and we are now coming gradually in to the new age.

This is the Aquarian Age the Age of Spirit. During this age is the time when the spirit forces of dark and light clash in battle and spirit man is forged when the 'waters of life will be pured out to all mankind'. During this Age we are told that Universal Brotherhood will become an accomplished fact and a Golden Age will be bought to birth.

It has been about 32,000 years since the previous Aqarian Period, containing also a Golden Age.
    Historians who study this particular question proclaim that this took place on te lost continent of Atlantis, whose submergence caused the spread of its culture to other lands

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  4. Schmavid

Schmavid A simple wanderer.

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Um...Tolkien was a Catholic.

5. Zanven

Zanven Cult Classic Connoisseur

Sitting In A Bunker, Here Behind My Wall.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    After forcing myself to read all seven pages of that article, I have decided this : I want some of what the author of that is on. There is NO proven, factual data, or even points that make sense unless they are stretched beyond belief. And as for you trying to boost popularity for your alternative religion, perhaps the Fantasy forum wasn't the best place for it, eh?

Yes he was, and there are more points tyng in with Catholicism than with Alchemy. See http://www.decentfilms.com/sections/articles/2559 I don't agree with mot of the points in this article, but at least it is based on statements from the Author of the Book, and not a reader.

6. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 2 / -0
    I always thought Tolkien was raised a Catholic and died an Aetheist but whatever...

I also think Tolkien clearly stated his work is a work of fiction - and that he wouldn't support or embrace any claim of fact in his work. He openly distanciated from people using LoTR as any political metaphor. "Brittain deserves a propper mythology - that's my cause".

or so I thought...

7. Zanven

Zanven Cult Classic Connoisseur

Sitting In A Bunker, Here Behind My Wall.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes he "disliked the intentional allegory" As for his religious beliefs at his time of death, I have no idea. I like Tolkien, but I enjoy his work better = )

8. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    That's bullsh*t and you have no clue what you are talking about. I've read several biographies (including the authorized ones) on Tolkien and there is nothing about that. He was Catholic.

That is EXACTLY one of the reasons he wrote these books and needless to say, he created more than a mythology!

9. Wisconsin

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Also, wtf was this thread ressurected for the sake of saying Tolkien was Catholic? I just noticed that the guy whose post I said was BS posted that a year ago. WTG Schmavid.

10. Turambar

Ratings:
    +316 / 2 / -0
    lol

For the sake of correctness? I'm sure this one has gone under the radar for some time :p

11. Schmavid

Schmavid A simple wanderer.

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sorry this was one of my first posts after I had joined and so to me the thread appeared new. I did not read the date on the post, my appologies for that.

12. Wisconsin

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
  13. Turambar

Ratings:
    +316 / 2 / -0
    haha, no no... it's just a pitty the old Stardust Willie won't be around to anser anymore :(

14. Thy Fearful Symmetry

Thy Fearful Symmetry New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    This is the funniest thing I have read in a long while. Well done, Stardus, wherever you are, for brightening my day.:D