To girls of the forum: Do you think this statement is more romantic or creepy?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Raigon, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Original post deleted due to people pointing out the cheesiness and obnoxiousness of the previous statement, and that since it is also insulting to the female gender, reading it may cause seizures, pregnancy, lung cancer, blindness, loss of hearing and balance, infertility and possibly death. You have been warned by a medical student. He's a quack. You can trust him.

New discussion will be about making fun of my previous statement and also stating anything else silly or cheesy or creepy or embarrassing we have said before in our own lives. =D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    I sounds terribly terribly cheesy - which has the downside that they'll likelly laugh/giggle and also have a 50/50 chance of thinking its just a silly compliment or serious (and really its more 80/20).

Also if they think about it for too long or a quicker off the mark they could even take insult - scenery is kind of the "background" when its spoken about; so its kind of like saying that they area great "background" but not centre stage (and if most gals like anything its to be centre stage ;))

3. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I'm not using that as a pickup line. I'm was wondering more along the lines of if having that thought in itself is romantic or creepy. :)

4. Oddrun

Oddrun I speak languages.

Ratings:
    +200 / 1 / -0
    I'm a girl and I find it super creepy : O

5. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Okay then. That settles it. I think I know what would happen if this discussion continues. :p Thread closed.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  6. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Sorry, you don't get to dictate when a thread is finished. ;)

The statement is neither romantic or creepy... it's obnoxious and belittling to women.
    A woman of substance does not want to be treated like a princess, or put on a pedestal, or have poetry written for them (flowers are optional), and they sure don't want to be turned into an object to look at.

To be honest with you, when I was dating I rarely opened doors for young woman, buy them dinner or expensive gifts or the rest of the nonsense us guys are conditioned by society to do. I remember one time I was with a girlfriend and she took me out to an expensive restaurant, and opened the door for me. Some old guy with his wife commented that gentleman open doors for ladies. I replied I was no gentlemen, and she was definitely no lady... and then she elbowed me in the ribs and we sat down at the bar.

The times are a'changing, best to change with them.

7. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Id think it was super cheesy, or even insulting as OR said, as a girl ive heard several really super creepy stuff, and thats not even close to creepy xD but definitely not.. romantic.

8. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    No offense to sparrow but he is the most sexist person I know.

9. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Raigon, I would guess that every woman likes to know they are beautiful in the eyes of the one who loves them but I would say that statement is neither romantic or creepy... it's just a little naive and too "Hollywood". Attraction and romance are two separate things in my opinion (though they're obviously related). True romance (again, in my opinion) springs from two people bothering to get to know each other, accepting each other and doing nice things for each other, even after they've seen their partner at their worst. Attraction might start that journey off, but it isn't enough to keep it going into romance. Your statement was ... flowery, but not romantic. As a woman, I want to know that my husband will love me and bring me flowers even when I'm old and wrinkly and in a nursing home... not exactly a scenic image huh? It is however, a romantic one. (Apologies to all the young 'uns that are shuddering in revulsion right now... remember, you'll be old one day too and in the meantime: you'll live!)

10. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great, thanks a lot. Now because I opened the thread and stated what I thought, I'm found to be creepy and cheesy by members of the forums, girls and guys alike. Now I'll never find love and I'll live my life alone. I'll guess I'll just have go off as to live my life secluded from the rest of the world and wait to die. Oh wait, by joining the forums, I've just did that, haven't I? :D

Since I can't dictate when a thread will be closed - Discuss away. I can't stop you. Besides, you who posted with such confidence must know everything about girls, so maybe you should teach me a thing or two. Show me what you can do in real life and show me how great you all are. I bow down to all of you and your greatness. Pray ye, all Gods and Goddesses of, show me wisdom and teach me everything about girls since you are all so flawless and perfect and have never done anything cheesy or silly or creepy ever in your lives. ALL HAIL YE GODS. XD

But no seriously. I'm still young and I've got a long ways to learn. And besides, I've said something cheesy and obnoxious and though I didn't mean to sound that way, it's out and looking back, it was a silly thing to say. And I'm sure we've all said silly things before that made people laugh at us. Think back, what were some of cheesy/silly things you guys have ever said back in the early days before you ascended and became perfect and god-like? :) Come on now, don't be shy. Try to out-cheese or out-obnoxious me or do you think you can't do it? >=D *Challenge stare*

11. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I don't know personally but I'd imagine the best way to lose a lover would be to compare them to your mother. Unless she is really into Oedipus complexes.

12. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I remember in a South Park episode, the teacher Mr. Garrison becomes traumatized and has a chat with his school counselor, who finds out that Mr. Garrison has had issues with his father and sexual abuse. The counselor goes with Mr. Garrison to face his father.

Mr. Garrison: I have a lot of demons I have to face father. I need to know some things.
    Father: Okay, like what?
    Mr. Garrison: All right, all right. Let's just cut right to it. I've come to ask you about the sexual abuse, dad.
    Father: What??!!
    Mr. Garrison: I have to know why. Right here and now, we're going to talk about this.
    Father: What the hell are you talking about?! I never sexually abused you!
    Mr. Garrison: I know! I want to know why not!
    Father: WHAT!?
    Mr. Garrison: Was it because I was ugly?
    Father: Oh my God!
    Father: It was because I wasn't good enough wasn't it?
    Father.: I...no!
    Mr. Garrison: Sure, you can go out and screw every whore on Rhode Island, but when it came to your own son, you were just TOO BUSY! (Mr.Garrison runs away crying)"
    Father: Am I the only sane person left on earth?!

Top THAT. XD

13. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    a pity I did not get to read that stuff :D

14. Lodriraj

Lodriraj New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I missed the original text, curiosity abounds.

15. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good timing! Curiosity killed the cat. And necromancy bought it back to form an army of undead cats to destroy humanity! (Holy shit this should be written into a story) And so the moral of the story is, don't be curious.

16. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

The statement was one that leads some us to think Raigon has an overly romantic view of women and relationships.
    There's nothing wrong with that, especially coming from a young person... but those of us who are older and have experience in such matters of the heart know that eventually the bottom will drop out of any belief system that have women as these remarkable creatures fit to be worshipped.

We're sort of saying, treat your woman as if she's a real person... and there are a hundred million and more like her that would make you feel just as good and just as loved.

17. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Aww...don't be mad! I'm sure we've all said things we wish we hadn't. I know I have...far too many times to count. I for one am sorry I posted anything after you wanted the discussion closed... because now I've offended you and made you uncomfortable... my apologies. Lesson learned on my part.

18. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That's okay. Looking back, it's pretty silly anyway and I shouldn't have taken it too seriously. :)

19. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Now that's a piece of wisdom you can bank on... don't take anything too seriously. ;)

20. Raigon

Raigon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Especially from old people. :D

Er... sorry. The more politically correct term is elderly, or more the more recently developed term Rotting Jarheads. XD