Tips for a Bretonnian Hopeful

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by The Hound, Sep 3, 2004.

1. The Hound

The Hound The Everlasting Scream

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for any help in advance. ^_^

I played Warhammer a few years back and had a small Orcs and Goblins army, but there wasn't much of a gaming scene for it around here so I stopped playing. I know now one of the nearby game stores is starting leauges for it up again so I've decided to play again.

Inspired by the Song of Ice and Fire series I want to start up Bretonnians and loosely theme my army of the knights from the George R.R. Martin series.

So if anyone has played Brets please be so kind as to give me some suggestions on starting the army up.

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't collect Brettonians I collect High Elves, but the concept to starting the army is the same. First you get yourself a Codex, to help you out with everything. But for buying units, you might want to get 2 different types of Core units first and then a simple general (on a horse if you like). Core units generally being Archers and Spearman (well it is in High Elves case). From then on you add a special unit on or so, and get some more core units, different types though, considering there a foot soldiers and others I believe.

3. The Hound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you ever tired an army list relying heavily on cavalry? I think that's what I want to go with, with of course a handful of archers and men at arms to screen.

4. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well considering I'm High Elves, I have a lot of Mages with sme good upgrades, which just rip apart everything on the board (or so I intend to do once I get more models, so basically I'll have highly defensive units, considering Elves are not the strongest warriors.

But if you really want to know, go into GW and ask the staff, they usually have a really good idea how to build up and army, depending on how you want to play. So when you go to buy something, ask them, and buy accordingly, makes it much cheaper if you know what you want to buy!

5. The Hound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sadly there isn't an actual GW store around here. But I will survive. ^_^

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Where do you play then if you don't have a GW store near you?