This week in TFF NEWS!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Overread, Jun 11, 2018 at 7:25 AM.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 3 / -1
    Welcome to another brand new MONDAY!! Thus starting another fresh week of dragons, wolves, madness and aliens on TFF!!

This will be your weekly news as brought to you by your friendly local wolf! I hope to grow this news over time so if you've got news sites/resources you make use of or things you think should be added into the news or new activities you want to promote (eg you want to promote your new RPG Game) then please put a message below for all to see or send me a pm for things you want added to next weeks news!

First up in the news check out the new voting thread for the next Book Club Book! Anyone can join in and vote and read!
    This Weeks VOTE

Want to stay update on all Book Club changes and adventures? Then join the Ping List
    Book Club Ping List

You can also still read and take part in last weeks Book Club book the Call of Cuthulu!
    Call of Cuthulu

Books:
    Harry Potter 20th Anniversary editions continue to be released with the House Editions of Chamber of Secrets coming out late this month (up for pre order at most shops). Each House edition os a hardback copy with an emblem of the chosen house, complete with internal unique illustrations and also an accompanying packet of additional detail and info on the world.

Games:
    Big E3 events of the weekend mean that loads of new titles have been hinted at and launched. Jump down to the game section of the forums to discuss some of the new announcements, inding
    Eldar Scrolls VI The Elder Scrolls VI!

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Assassin's Creed 'Odyssey', a full-fledged RPG?

June is also a big month for Magic the Gathering with their new edition of Commander 2 Decks being released this month
    Commander Anthology Volume 2

In the Wargames world Warhammer Age of Sigmar 2.0 Soul Wars is being released this month, a big update on the pre-order items (as well as details of all the changes and faction profiles*) is on their community website
    Next Week: The Soul Wars Begin - Warhammer Community
    *If you've not checked in a lot of factions have split up and been expanded recently as well as brand new factions like the watery Idoneth Deepkin!

As always if you've got news to share bring it in - products, games, books, films, conventions, seminars!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tamago

Tamago Lord-Commander of Anakin's Kingsguard

Ratings:
    +681 / 4 / -0
    Thank you for the news, wolf sir! :) I hope more people are going to participate to the next reading in the book club! Go on, folk, take a vote, we're in for interesting discussions whichever book turns out a winner! :)
    That's cute. I was actually wondering what edition to buy of HP -in English, that is. I want it for my little one when she grows up. I suppose an edition with cute illustrations would be the best though.

3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 3 / -1
    I don't know if they are full illustrations or just things like chapter headers or decals and the like

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain Stranger in a Strange Land

Ratings:
    +380 / 0 / -0
    I love it. I've really been wanting to get into Lovecraft. My wife had a partial anthology of his works but it stayed behind in Japan when she came back to the States. I probably won't participate in the book club just yet but maybe some month soon.

Awesome job, OR.

5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Loitering from 2009 - 2018

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +639 / 8 / -3

These are the ones that I have.

Harry Potter | Harry Potter illustrated books - J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tamago

Ratings:
    +681 / 4 / -0
  7. Mad Hatter

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +639 / 8 / -3

I can't speak for the quality of the writing (I cant seem to get stuck into HP), but the illustrations are beautifully done.

8. Tamago

Ratings:
    +681 / 4 / -0
    I love HP so there's no problem in that! :)

9. Mad Hatter

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +639 / 8 / -3
  10. Tamago

Ratings:
    +681 / 4 / -0
    Thank you! I don't know if I'll have time for it. Maybe some time in the future. I'm going to save the link!

• Like Like x 1