The World of Secca

Discussion in 'Secca' started by Chaipaku, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Tiara curtsied low to him and came back up, looking straight at him. Yes, quiet the formal nature, but hey...one could do that when they were giving thanks. Holding her hand out for him, she smiled and said clear " Hello, My name is Tiara Forbid and I thank you"

She smiled wider and finnally grinned like a little girl. Of course, she surprised herself. SHe haddent grinned since back when Gir- ...well...nevermind that, she just haddent smiled alot recently. It was good to see someone out of a hooded cloak once in awhile.

2. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Darian took the offered hand, kneeled down and kissed it then stood up once more. "IT is a pleasure to make your aquantence milady, my full name is Darian Caise, I have travelled here from across the seas from a long distant land. If you wish it so, I would like to accompany youas a bodyguard, just like Dack over there is" he finished with a charming half smile and waited for a reply.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack watched the two speak, adn, while he couldn't hear them he figured he knew what they were talking about. Hopefully this Darian fellow would accompany them, he was a good man, and from what he'd seen a loyal fighter. Should Dack be unable to fulfill his duty Darian would be an apt man to take over, and hell, apparently he was going to need all the help he could get.

4. Rosgwak

Rosgwak The Masked Warrior

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Arlet raced down the corridors, always just managing to catch the buyer's shadow as he turned a corner, but never quite catching the buyer himself. As he ran down the corridors, Arlet noticed that they seemed to be going higher, and he smiled. His buyer may have come prepared, but he certainly wasn't the brightest pencil in the box. Oh well, if he wanted to run to a dead-end, it suited Arlet fine. Made it easier to take what was his.

After a few minutes, Arlet's suspicions were confirmed, when he burst through a door after the buyer, and found himself on the roof. But the buyer was nowhere to be seen. Looking around, Arlet narrowed his eyes in suspicion... something wasn't right. But it was only after he'd taken a few slow steps, and suddenly felt the end of an arrow just behind his ear, that he realised what was going on. Raising his hands slowly, he heard the laugh behind him.

"So, Arlet, walked right into this one, didn't you?" he heard the buyer ask.
    "Well, what can I say? Hate to leave a party without thanking the host." Arlet retorted, his mind racing, thinking of how to get out of this one in one piece. But suddenly he was saved by a loud booming noise from downstairs, and the whole building literally rocked as fire erupted. Seizing the moment, Arlet launched himself away from the buyer, hearing the arrow whistle over his head as he rolled to his feet and drew his chakrams. Standing opposite him the buyer was also back on his feet, a sword drawn and held in Arlet's direction.

"So, what now Arlet? I can't risk you catching up to me, can I?" the buyer said threateningly as he started to slowly advance on Arlet.
    "Oh, sure you can. It's easy, just turn and run." Arlet joked back. Meanwhile he was calculating distance and strength, and suddenly he threw his chakrams in the buyer's direction. He was disappointed therefore when he dodged them, and they embedded themselves harmlessly in the door behind him. As such, his attention was suddenly drawn back to the current events by a sharp and painful sensation in his gut. Looking down, Arlet saw the man's sword sticking right through his side, while the buyer grinned.

Looking back up, the buyer suddenly felt the first taste of fear that night. All trace of humour had disappeared from Arlet's face, and suddenly the buyer was drawn forward as Arlet grabbed the sword blade and pulled it further into him. His hand then went down to his thigh as he looked into the eyes of the buyer.

"That one's gonna cost ya. 1000 gold pieces." he growled, before swinging his hand up and slicing open the buyer's throat. Closing his eyes against the spraying blood, Arlet then threw both the sword and the buyer's body back and away from him. Both of them fell harmlessly to the ground, and Arlet himself barely managed to get the money and jewels back and drag himself over to the door before he collapsed to the ground. Looking down at the wound in his side, Arlet absentmindedly reached up and pulled his chakrams out of the wall, dropping them on the ground next to him when they were free. He then examined his hands and saw the large cuts there as well. He knew that if he didn't get help quick, he ran a large risk of dying. But, as usual, he thought this with some indifference towards the end. 'Wouldn't have minded getting to know Yula a bit better though' he though as he closed his eyes.

After a few seconds, however, the memory of his mother's brutally mangled body flashed into his mind, and he remembered the one thing that had been his driving force for as many years as he could remember, and he gritted his teeth. He couldn't die now. Grimacing, he climbed to his feet, picking up his chakrams and the pouches, then turned back and started his slow progress back through the corridors.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  5. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Yula ran through the halls fast, many other men behind her. Hah..the irony of it. Yula was amused tonight, yet still partly angry at herself for gettingdragged into this mess. Of course, now se had something to spend her time on than just sitting in this rotting cty of Secca. Her eyes flashed red at the thought of this mess. It was a thieves trading and she was a fool. THey could've gotten killed because of Arlet, the man that just suddenly showed up and swept them all off thier feet with his "Manly" charms. How pathetic of her to go with him. Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself down. tHis was not the end of the world and Yula knew this was no big fight. THese beings were pathetic to her. THey were mortals. Looking back, she slowed down to find that her followers had backed down. FUnny...not a thing you usually see in thieves. SHrugging it off, Yula followed the empty corridor. Looking around at the various door around the place, she shrugged. It was old, yes, but not run down. It still was a nice place.

Hearing the thunks of her feet on the carpet, she watched as the dust circled around her boots. Quite alot of dust. Heaving a sigh, she looked ahead. Her body instantly stiffened. Stopping her advance in the corridor, she flattened herself against a nearby bend. There was something comming down the corridor. It was hobbling slightly and let out soft grunting noises. It was hurt. Very badly by the sound of it. Taking out a knife , she wedged the edge firmly into the wall and took out another one. sHe waited until the figure was just about infront of her when she reached out and grabbed it by the throat. SHe blinked as the light landing on the figures face and it was familiar.

" Arlet!" Yula exclaimed, as she hastily let go of his throat. " WHatt happened?!" She asked firmly as her eyes went to her hand that came back bloody from his throat. She looked him up and down and saw several wounds, deadly wounds.

6. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    ((oops, forgot TIara:D:p))

IT is a pleasure to make your aquantence milady, my full name is Darian Caise, I have travelled here from across the seas from a long distant land. If you wish it so, I would like to accompany youas a bodyguard, just like Dack over there is"

Tiara smiled to Darian and said " Well, Darian, I'm sure I could tell you my story that is intertwinded with this city, yet I dont believe we have enough time, maybe at a later date?" SHe grinned and looked over to Dack. Waving Darian back over, she walked back to Dack.

" Is it alright if Darian accompanies us?"

7. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    "You look lost, most people stick to the wider streets when theyre new here." A voice rang out behind Rikai. He turned, feelings something's prescence. It was the man who had entered the fray and so effortlessly killed his opponents. Rikai laughed. "Lost? No, good sir. I am not lost. One may explore where he likes, no?"
    "You may call me the Stranger, Perhaps you are looking for work?" the man said.
    Rikai was not looking for work. He had gold aplenty, and was only on a personal quest. But the way this man killed his opponents intrigued Rikai. He wanted to learn his ways, to become better at his profession. Rikai spread his arms to the Stranger and said, "The type of work you want done depends if I'm looking for work or not." Rikai smiled, a rare genuine smile.

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Dagrath barked a small laugh, this one seemed dimwitted when it came to wordplay. "Still, you seem lost to me, direction is not always a metter of here and there, sometimes the path is within, other times it must be unravelled." he sighed, if he had to spell everthing out to this man it would take a long time to get anything done.

"Lost or no, you seem the capable sort, a man is hard pressed to find capable assets" In his head the word was sword, good weapons were hard to fnd, tools for the job. "As as for jobs, i can pay you well if you wish it, but surely you are after the experience I can offer you? It just so happens I have a great deal of work to be done in Secca, and sadly a man of my talents is still but one man, i would be most grateful for assistance." He stood there waiting, the wind tugging at his cloak asit hung from his elongated shoulders, like there was no flesh beneith it. "Regardless, I have pride in the secrets I keep, if you wish my part time employment I must have your word on it before I reveal any details, but I promise it will be most rewarding." Lies were lies and always easily hidden, the truth was no better, thin veils always thin enough to see through, the middleground was hard to find, but it had been done.

9. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Arlet dragged himself down the corridor, the wounds aching. As he leaned against the wall, he could feel the building heating up, and realised that in a place as old, decrepit, and, most importantly, dry, the fire would be spreading pretty quickly. As he made his slow, painful way down the corridor, he vaguely hoped that Yula and Gur had gotten out without any harm to their pretty little selves... especially Yula. But suddenly his thoughts were brought into stark clarity as a hand reached out of the shadows and grabbed his throat.

Feeling the hand slip on the visceral blood left over from the buyer, Arlet was surprised when Yula stepped out of the shadows. She'd caught up quick, he thought, and couldn't help a smile sliding onto his face.
    "Arlet! What happened?" she asked him, staring in shock at his face covered in another man's blood, and his shirt stained with his own.
    "Well, I just got a little refund." he said, holding up the pouch of jewels and money. "Just had to negotiate a little harder than usual." he joked, when suddenly a large part of the corridor behind him disappeared in a loud burst of flame.

"Oh yeah, and the building's on fire." he said, as easily as pointing out the colour of the sky. But with this said, Arlet staggered past Yula and grabbed his hand, slipping slightly as his cut flesh still bled.
    "Guess we better get going. C'mon!" he said, then walked off, heading towards the room they came in through, figuring they'd get out that way.

And so it was that a few minutes later, quite literally with the building collapsing behind, Arlet half jumped, half fell from the original window which they'd entered, and hitting the street, looked back as the hotel collapsed. Breathing heavily, it was hard to believe how quickly so much had happened, and as far as he knew, for no reason either! But, looking up at Yula and Gur, he was just glad they'd all made it out in one piece, although in his case that was debatable.
    "So, as much as I'm sure you guys wanna go your own way, wanna head for a tavern or something? I could use a drink." he said, clambering to his feet and resuming his old manner, as though nothing had ever happened, despite the wounds he still cradled.

10. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Well, I just got a little refund." Arlet said, holding up the pouch of jewels and money. "Just had to negotiate a little harder than usual." Yula rolled her eyes and jumped as the corridor behind them exploded in fire, its heat licking her back joyfully. Yula eyes went wide, but she remained steady. Fire...

"Oh yeah, and the building's on fire." Arlet said, a bit obviously. He went to her and said"Guess we better get going. C'mon!" Yula followed him, silent, yet calm in a way.

Weaving through the corridors, fire licked aorund thier head. Once, Yula's hair caught on fire. SHe held down a shriek, and padded it out. THe smell of burning whipped around her head and made her stumble. SHe hated it, fire was not good. Yes, it was her life, but it didnt have to control it. Closing her eyes a bit, she took a deep breath and regained her senses.

SNap out of it.

Yula was relieved when the waft of fresh air hit her hot face. Sticking her head out, she looked down to see aRlet down therr on the streets. Jumpijng after him, she landed cleanly and gracefully.

"So, as much as I'm sure you guys wanna go your own way, wanna head for a tavern or something? I could use a drink." Arlet said to them, as though nothing had happened and his wounds were not there.

Saiying coldly to him, she crossed her arms and stepped nose to nose with him " You will have to tend those wounds there..." Sure, she was still angry.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack smiled as the mage asked him if Darian could accompany them. Seemed she was alittle warmer toward him than he'd thought. Surprising she had already adapted to them so quickly, "My lady, if such would please you, then I would sooner die than not allow it.
    The elf moved quickly and effortlessly through the city. Draconis said he'd think about his proposal. He could live with that. As long as he didn't have to fight the dragonkin he could manage. He noted a burning building nearby. Out on the street a man and two women stood, the man was bleeding badly. He knew they couldn't have spotted him. Currently he was nearly invisible. The power that, Stranger character had had inspired the elf to make a small purchase earlier. The cloak of shadows as it was called. Provided he was reasonably obscured from normal view he would be invisible to this lot. And very hard to find by any unwanted trackers. He heard the man talk as he stood as though the wound didn't hurt in the slightest, "...wanna head for a tavern or something? I could use a drink." "I'll bet..." the elf muttered under his breath. He desided these would do as a start. He needed all the allies he could get to purge the city of it's greatest evil. Clapping his hands he revealed himself, "Bravo. I'm sorry about not helping you but I had to be certain of your skills." He was lying of coarse, for all he knew they were just showing each other parlor tricks. But he had a feeling this was not so. "Excuse me, I'm being rude, I am known as Valkus Bladefist. Come won't you, we may talk about my plans for you, and your payment of coarse, over drinks. On me of coarse."

12. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Arlet grinned back at Yula as she stalked up and went nose to nose with him.
    "You will have to tend those wounds there..." she said, her eyes flashing angrily. But at the same time Arlet thought he saw something else behind the anger, some other brief emotion flickering and showing her true intentions... but it was gone almost instantly. Arlet smiled. Yula was good at controlling her emotions. He toyed with the idea of kissing her again, for no other reason than it would be fun. But his face was covered in blood, and he had a feeling she'd object to it. Instead he settled for grinning.

"Aw, I didn't know you cared." he joked, then turned and looked at where they were. Turning back to Yula he went serious again.
    "Ok, fine. I'll get help. But I don't know this part of town too well. You know where the closest doctor is, or someone like that?" he asked her.

It was then that a stranger suddenly appeared, clapping his hands together and asking whether they'd like to discuss a deal of some sort over drinks. Grinning, Arlet turned to the newcomer, and offered a blood-soaked hand.
    "If you'd caught me a few seconds ago, I would've said yes." he said, then turned and indicated Yula. "Unfortunately my beautiful companion here is of the opinion I need medical attention immediately." he said, quickly cutting himself off as he coughed and loosened some blood from his gums. Wiping it away, he grinned. "I don't believe her, but we must listen to women, they actually have concern for our lives." he said, laughing.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  13. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Aw, I didn't know you cared."

Anoyying man!, Yula fumed and she said back, calmly and coldly, while reaching up with her sharp nails " I dont"

Yet, those nails didnt get to slapp or scratch or anything because behind her, was another voice.

"Bravo. I'm sorry about not helping you but I had to be certain of your skills." He was lying of coarse, for all he knew they were just showing each other parlor tricks. But he had a feeling this was not so. "Excuse me, I'm being rude, I am known as Valkus Bladefist. Come won't you, we may talk about my plans for you, and your payment of coarse, over drinks. On me of coarse." Yula's head whipped around, her daggers at the elf's throat. Instantly seeing no threat, she growled under her breath and let her daggers down, only to stalk away for the tavern before Arlet said anything. But behind her, she heard him say. "If you'd caught me a few seconds ago, I would've said yes. Unfortunately my beautiful companion here is of the opinion I need medical attention immediately. I don't believe her, but we must listen to women, they actually have concern for our lives."

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The elf smirked as the wounded one began to walk off, "Take this," he handed the bleeding man a scroll of old browned paper. "Should you change your mind and accept my offer open it. I'll find you." With that the elf turned and left them, having nothing more to say. He vanished once more into the shadows. He wasn't quite sure where to go next. Every well he came to was going dry, and if he was going to accomplish his ends he would need help.

15. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    In the night he moved like a red ghost, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. He knew this was the place. He had been sent to kill a certain man, and he would, for killing is what he was born to do. As he leaped from one housetop to the street below his red cloakm which was much too long for him, in fact it would have been to large for a being and sixteen feet tall, and he himself was only three inches under six feet. He landed and curled some of his cloak around himself, it was a bright, but not cheerful red, and it had a deep hood, in which only his red eyes could be seen. He right hand rested on the hilt of his four foot blade, which was completely sealed within his claok, and his left hand held onto his cloak, which very strangely, had buttons sown on the outer left side, and hidden slits in the left side for which they slipped into, he had done this himself, and the buttons only went down to his knees. He had been in the city for a day, and still he hah remained unnoticed, hardly suprising with all the commocin in the city, the utter choas it now lied in had helped, yet hindered him. He could not locate the man he was searching for, not yet anyways, but he would.

He was not a mercenary, certainly not, nor an assassin, as far as he knew anyways, which wasn't very far considering he had lost his memory over a year ago and had not regained even a single memory of his life before that, and he began to doubt he ever would. Still he did what he was told by his commanders, who claimed to have known him before he ost his memory, but he could tell they were lying. The only reason he had agreed to this 'mission' was because the man thats he was after knew something of his past life. How he knew this he could not explain but the mans name, and the way he looked, form what he had seen of the man once before, seemed to be something he should know, and he would learn what that was, one way or another.

16. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Arlet took the piece of rolled paper proffered by this stranger and grinned.
    "You're not from the tax department, are you? Persistent bastards." he said, laughing, but the stranger had already turned and disappeared into the shadows. "Don't call us, we'll call you!" Arlet yelled into the night, laughing deliriously.

Through a haze, Arlet turned back to Yula, and stumbled over to her.
    "Y'know, you're a very, VERY beautiful woman." he said, not paying much attention to what came out of his mouth. "And I mean that. You're not just sexy, although you are, you're beautiful." he said, gently caressing her cheek with a bloodstained hand. Dimly, Arlet recognised he was losing it. Losing blood, and losing control over what he said. But at least he was being happy. If they didn't reach a doctor's soon... well, he had a feeling something bad would happen, but right now he was happy. Who needed help? He was fine! He could take on the world right now!

But, then again the beautiful elf.... what was her name... um, Yula, that was it.... seemed to think he needed medical attention, and he was currently in a mood to do anything to make her happy. So, if she wanted him to see a doctor, see a doctor he would.
    "To the doctor's!" he said loudly, then staggered off in a random direction, heeding no call in his euphoric state.

17. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Y'know, you're a very, VERY beautiful woman. And I mean that. You're not just sexy, although you are, you're beautiful." Arlet said as he stumbled over to her. He reached out to touch her cheek, but Yula's hand whipped out to stop him. Jerking a bit, SHe let him go and turned back around to see him. Stumbling almost out of control, He was almost dripping with blood and his eyes were glassy. Yula burried her face in her hand and rubbed her eyes.

Yula sighed and watched as he proclaimed loudly that they were going to the doctors. Many epople eylled out from the windows to shut him up. SHe groaned a bit and watched as he stumbled out of sight. Bumbling man....Catching up after him, she caught him by the coluor and heaved him the other way, to a real doctor. He was heavy, even for her. SUch a heavy man for her to dragg, it too several minutes to get acrossed the street and passed the danger of the road.Another hour and they were there.

~~~~TIme passes~~~~

Yula stood over Arlet as he lay sleeping on a beaten down old cot. He had bandages all over his body and there was hardly enough skin to make a decent girl blush. All Yula did was sit by him and snack on various things the room had to offer. Not the usuall polite manner to go about, but hey, when she was hungry, she was hungry.

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Dagrath sighed oud enough for the man to hear. "I said i have much to do, which does nto involve waiting around for you to make your mind up, I have dwadled long enough on you, I have other concerns I must deal with, think on my offer, I will find you one day from now to hear your answer, so think quickly." He broke into a run, diving over the next rise of buildings, cloak fluttering behind him like a streamer on a lance. flowing the short distance down to the street he rolled to recover his fall, and slipped into a nearby alleyway before delving into the city, the rooftops were becoming crowded these days, his men were talented enough that they would not be noticed, most of the quarry he set them on would neccesitate that path, but caution was paramount, it was getting too late for slipups. With a smirk he wondered if it was too late before he entered this city. Its always too late he thought grimly too late by far, and only me to see it through.

After stalkign through the alleys stealthily he made his way to the burning ruins of the building he had set alight, the top floors had collapsed, and through the flame it was clear most of the rubble had made ti to the ground floor, it would only be a matter of time before the building collapsed, whether inwards and burning to ash, or falling away into the neighbouring houses, in this dry night it could easily begin a devestating fire, and with even in its rested state, secca without governing meant no watch to bring pumps and water. He hoped the people werent stupid enough to forget this was the docks, with water at hand. Still, it mattered not whether half the city was turned to ash, for a moment he actually measured the consequences, too vague to think about, he would see what would come and then deal with the result.

After a moment, he saw it, blood on the cobbles amidst the street, burns wouldnt bleed so bad, be from the trail it clearly came from the building, the first marks brown already, spread thin like almost black spiders jumped from a window, wounded? fool. dismissing the thought he began following the trail, now one or two people populated the street, others watched the blazing building from windows, when eyes met him they backed away, his cloak black as night untouched by the bright fire, but his mast reflecting it all, like this time shadow was not wreathed in blades, but tongues of flame. He ignored them, he had made a big enough show on the last days of the elf's rule, he might aswell keep it up, if rumours went as before he was the ghost of death, the shadowman was a name he heard as often, he considered using it next time, it was good point of intimidation, but 'the stranger' was more alien, it sparked fears of the unknown, much like the mask, he decided not to change it.

By the time he reached the end of the trail it must have been a few hours before dawn, the stars were dimming. The place was a small wooden house alike to a thousand in this district of the city, he worked round noting exits, structural weaknesses and so forth, not much. Peering itnot he back window he foudn his prey, Yula, pigging on some platter by the door, her conpanion unconciouss. Gur must be in the other room, but that was no concern, Gur was easy to manipulate, his tone angered her, and anger drove to mistakes. He slipped the window open silently and stood next to the man on the pallet. Unsheathing his sword silently h plced the tip under the edge of a bandage and lifted it looking at the wounds. putting it down he moved the blade to the mans head and slapped him on the cheek to make him wake with its side, moving the tip over to his neck.

"Quite a nasty graze you have there, you know youre very lucky to be alive, it seems to have slipped in just between the stomach and the ribs, noting broken so no splintered bone or marrow leaking, and it missed the diaphragm, lucky that, it that gets punctured it leads tot he worst kind of suffolcation, relatively bloodless, but you writhe in agony when you try to breath and when you do its like trying to fetch water with a seive." He moved the blade down to the man's midriff, a few inches over to the middle from his wound, where the ribs ended. "Just one quick slice there, not much blood, and nice and silent, a man who struggles to breath cannot shout for help. Still, yours seems like little more than a fleshwound, the bloodloss should have killed you if you hadnt gotten it seen to. Its a mark up from burning alive wouldnt you say?" He put the blade back up to the man's neck, hovering the point over him constantly to keep the fool from jerking. "I wonder, are you any use to me? I could quite easily be rid of you now, I dislike extraneous variables, and you, I have yet to work into my plans. Yula and Gur I left alive before, but theyve completed my first uses of them, now they, and you need addressing. So tell me, why shouldnt I Bury this blade into your neck, or your heart, or in the diaphragm, so you cant scream while you lungs burn and your chest writhes untill the life was been wrung out of you like a flopping fish. Tell me, and I may just let you live long enough for this scratch to heal."

19. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Arlet was dimly aware through the haze of ephoria that he was being practically dragged on the right course, but soon he passed out completely from the blood loss and that was all he knew.

---Timeskip---

Arlet was brought back to consciousness by a slap on his cheek, from a cold, hard object. Groaning slightly, he knew it would be too much to expect Yula next to him, and that didn't leave many options he felt comfortable with. But, nonetheless he opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was that he was lying on a table inside a building all bandaged up, and his cuts presumably at least starting to heal. But following very close after that was the second thing he noticed, a man completely adorned in dark, shadowy clothing and holding a sword to Arlet's neck.

Arlet lay very still, considering all his options as the man made a very long, but nonetheless crystal clear threat towards his life. Thinking silently for a few seconds, Arlet came up with only a few options, but he'd be damned if he was going to lie here and beg for his life. At least if he died he'd do it fighting. So, quickly flicking his shoulder up he managed to knock the strangers sword up, not much, but enough for Arlet to roll off the opposite end of the table. Hitting the floor, Arlet immediately kneeled down and lunged towards his own weapons, just managing to draw one of his own swords in time. He then turned back to the stranger, his own sword drawn.

"Well, I think that's as good a reason as any." he said to the stranger, grinning. He then turned and looked at his shoulder, noting the fresh gash opened up there. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the cuts before, he'd live, he thought as he wiped away some blood with his free hand, the whole time keeping his eyes trained on the stranger.
    "Aw, don't look so shocked." he said. "You were right before, I am lucky. Annoyingly so sometimes, but nonetheless... Now, I've got half a mind to call out for Yula and Gur. But for one thing, I think they kinda dislike me, so who knows how long it could take", Arlet said, sticking his tongue out slightly to show his joke, "and for another thing something tells me you wanna talk. Now, far be it for me to ignore what could possibly be a fun offer, but you REALLY need to work on your people skills."
    Arlet then slightly lowered his sword, but kept it raised enough to make it clear he wasn't defenseless anymore.
    "Now, what did ya want with me?"

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Dagrath barked a laugh, this was very interesting indeed, he hadnt had any entertaining quarry since the elf left, the fool answered dagrath's questions with his little display.

"Oh trust me, call out and they'll come, we have a colourful history together, the girls dont have much of a liking for me. but for now, lets just talk , you can summon women to help you after I'm done." He took a step to his right, pacing, neither moving towards or away from this man. Abscentmindedly he spun his sword once, twice, the short, thin black blade whirling in a fluid motion, in the next flick it was gone, disappeared under the cloak, but not into its sheath.

"If I wanted you dead, I could have stabbed before I slapped, both would be equally waking, but then it would be patronising for me to point out the obvious." He smiled, the emotion hidden beneith the steel mask. He shook his head and began talking, once again addressing the conversation however he saw best, that old trick of his he loved so much. "You know, people skills arent all that important, mostly Its not people I deal with, its either scum, halfwits, despots and various differnt stereotypes, these days only a fool treats those he meets as people, a smart man sees them for what they are, and what they want." He turned so his right shoulder faced the man, his sword was secreted beneith his cloak,with his left hand he slipped a poisoned dart from his left bracer. He began to walk again. "The question I asked before, what use are you, is a closely tied one to what you are and what you want, and like most riddles, answer one and eventually all the pieces come together." He laughed again, for the benefit of the man. "But then, it would be patronising to point out the obvious" He stopped pacing and faced the man. "I like to patronise"

He took the dart out in his hand so the man could see, and flicked it up in the air like a coin before catching it. He flicked it again, but this time his sword shot out from the depths of his cloak and struck the small dart, sending it towards the man. As he dodged it Dagrath's sword struck for him. Dagrath's left hand went to his belt and removed his Sai. As expected the man's sword swung round to meet the short black blade. Diveritng its motion, he sent the blade downwards, catching the other's sword in the guard's of his sai. As he flung his left hand away dragging the sword with it, he bought just enough time to run the tip of his short black sword up the man's side before jumping back to a standing position across the room.

The bandages encasing his torso fell away, the fresh wound leaking blood, the strain of the roll and the fight had broken open the scabbing. "Interesting" He said as he sheathed his sai, keeping hte sword still in hand. "Predictable, and slow, an ambidextrous opponent could take you easily, but lets just blame that on your weakness from blood loss. Which reminds me, now that wounds uncovered you might get close to bleeding to death again, physical exertion after mortal wounding is the mark of a fool. You need to regain your strength if you are to live through what is coming, get that wound covered and eat, and dont go dueling just yet or I might reconsider. The fire was a test, an easy one but a test nonetheless, perhaps youre strong enough, but for now you need improvement." The swift swordplay, the first speech, the second one, the slips of knowledge and revelation, unless you knew all dagrath did it would start the mind thinking, and that was the key, this man was to think on everything he said and that would be the first step.

"I grow tired of this, the night is fading, and shadows retreat before the sun rises. I will come for you again, perhaps to test, perhaps to talk, perhpas to kill. Maybe I will have work for you then, I am currently hiring. Just know this, Whatever you do in secca, i will know, and more often than not, it is done at my bidding, a smart man would think long and hard about this encounter and what will come of it, but then, it would be patronising for me to point out the obvious." He spun the sword again, the blade twising and falling off his hand into the thin shieth. Putting a hand on the windowsill he slipped himself out and looked back in at the man, still standing with his word ready. "Oh yes, and you may call me the stranger" He fled into the murky depths of of the fading night, not to be seen again by the man.

Search tags for this page

dangeros dringings

wherevaden in the world