The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Mathius, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Mathius

Mathius Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0
    I finally put down FO4 for a minute to try something new. I heard so many great things about the Witcher 3 that I expected it to suck me in and provide months or years of play like the fallouts and skyrim, but I have to say I'm having trouble getting into it.

There are two things that are frustrating the hell out of me.

First off, the character movement and control responsiveness are so... clunky. I tried adjusting the right stick sensitivity, and that helped, but the game still doesn't feel fluid at all compared to Bethesda's offerings, or KoA. Rotating the camera, moving the player.. feels like a choir.

Second, the tutorials are annoying as hell. I wanted the tutorials for combat and such since I'd never played a witcher game before, but I don't need 18 dialogue boxes every time I open a new menu.

Please tell me it gets better. (or maybe there's some tweaks I'm not privy to?)

2. Cephalophore

Cephalophore New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I found the movement and combat pretty clunky and difficult at first, too. I was pretty frustrated, and I just wanted it to be more like Dark Souls, because that's what I'd been playing a lot of before I got into The Witcher 3.

But I stuck with it, and persevered. And after a couple of days, I got used to it. And I got sucked in! I ended up putting in over 130 hours.

I can't praise it highly enough. I even sang it's praises to my (Polish) mum, who doesn't care about video games - I just had to tell her that one of the most acclaimed games of the past decade was Polish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tavar Dresden

Tavar Dresden Mortal Champion of the Unseelie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The main story of the base game as well as Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine is just incredible. Then there's Andrzej Sapkowski's books on Geralt of Rivia to read too. So far I have 116 hours in game, and tbh in my opinion it's the only game that has ever surpassed Skyrim. If you haven't yet continued playing (I know you probably have) I beg you carry on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ConanB

ConanB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started to read Witcher books in 90s so i am a huge fan of the games. W3 is definitely the best of all three games. Landscape in Blood and Wine was simply wonderful. It is so great to meet persons known from the books.