The wandering Magu's Shop...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Reece56364, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im not that good of a writer, but the idea's there...

The door swung open, to see a tall dark skinned man wearing sunglasses emerge. The man was holding some sort rifle against his shoulder and paid no attention to Reece as he shouted “Those were only the scouts!” towards the shop. A strange looking being-with three eyes- stood in the doorway, and welcomed Reece with a brief outline of some ground rules, and explained where the different rooms were located. There were a range of strange marks, almost like runes, running from his neck to his cheeks. He wore long blue robes with the same marks as his face, and introduced himself as only “The Wandering Magus”.

Stepping past The Wandering Magus and entering the shop, Reece looked around in awe as he saw 7 rooms dotted around the main area. They looked to be equal in size. He casually strolled into the bar, hoping to quench his thirst with a pint of Dwarven ale, only to see it being torn apart by what appeared to be a Yeti. Deciding not to get involved, Reece backed out, and went to the arcade to relax. No sooner had Reece gotten into the arcade, The Wandering Magus appeared from thin air, and said that that the Yeti had been contained, and disciplined on the rules of the shop. Shortly after Magus had gone - no doubt to introduce new customers - the same man that left the shop a few moments ago tapped Reece on the shoulder. “Lord Yuan's the name, are you interested in joining a fleet of bounty hunters to destroy the Dinosaur Empire without the limitations of the "federation's law" and "moral code"?” “I understood it up to the point of dinosaur empire, that's good enough for me - I'm in.”

Expecting more people to have joined the cause, Reece placed his hand out, expecting others to put theirs on top – only to receive a Hi-five from Lord Yuan. “Do I get anything out of it?” was asked almost instantly. “You will go down in history as one of the members of the clan that defeated the cyborg dinosaur fiend.” He looked towards the food court to see The Wandering Magus sitting with another traveler, shaking their heads at Reece and Lord Yuan.

Seeing a stray dinosaur walking towards the Dueling Ring and jumps at the chance to fight something with no consequences. Performing an array of spectacular moves with his two daggers gets a few eyes turned towards Reece's direction, only to see him throw one of his weapons towards the Dinosaurs heart – ending the show. His eyes light up when he exits the ring, seeing a pint of Dwarven ale and an empty seat next to The wandering Magus - “Mind if I join you?” “No, not at all, in-fact, I'd be grateful for the company”. Minutes pass into hours as they both sat there lazily chatting away about the laws of physics, and talking about their youths...

Reece Stef'arn Morris wasn't the usual Satyr. He didn't have furry legs, nor did he have hooves. The only thing that related to a Satyr with him were two small bumps where his horns would one day appear. He was so far from looking like a Satyr, that he only needed to wear a hat when he went into nearby towns to pass off as a human. He didn't enjoy playing the pipes like most of his friends, and never had the desire to be naked. He always wore clothes, usually baggy jeans and a hoodie. Whilst his clan were out playing with Dryads, or using their nature magic, Reece was always found sparring with a make-shift dummy. For this he often got frowns, and upset his elders since he preferred training, than playing harmonic music with nature.

At the age of 12, he was skilled in the use of the Bow, Daggers, and had begun practicing the magic elements. This enraged his leaders because not only was he learning healing magic, but also destructive magic. They had enough of him launching fire at Dummies, and were set to exile him. On the night before his 13th birthday, he heard a troop of the camp guards marching towards his tent, content with accompanying him to a far-away land and leaving him to fend for himself. Darting through one of the several trapdoors he had made, and made the decision that he was never to merge with another Satyr tribe, rather make his own friends, whatever races they may be.

After several months spent on the road, Reece covered nearly half of the continent. Walking every hour that he was awake, and sleeping for 3/4 hours a night. He learned a lot of spells that helped him on his way, though he made the most use of the speed scroll. Without this, he would have surely been captured by his pursuers. Ironically, the same magic that got him exiled from his family and friends, saved him from a worse fate. He decided to stop when he found a calm, naturalistic place in a clearing in a forest. It had a glittering lake to the right, with the woods to the left...Just the place to live. The one thing that Reece couldn't escape from – his love for nature. He set to work on building a simple home for himself, summoning wood and tools to work with. 4 years on, Reece's home still stands as good as new.

Whenever asked why he didn't fit in with the other Satyrs, he usually looks away and goes quiet, as if he were hiding something from his past...

“Well, you will always have a home here – for as long as you abide by the rules” The Wandering Magus offered a hand as she stood up, “There are a few more strays around the place...care to accompany me?” and the pair exited the main room. “Wait! Wandering Magus, can you please teach me a spell? I heard you know how to duplicate yourself” The Druid of Lûhn shouted as he chased after the pair. “Sure, First, i want you to just sit down inside this circle. that's it, now, draw a pentagram right there... yes. sorry if i didn't warn you earlier, this might hurt just a little, but it only has to happen once. take this knife, and get one drop of blood to fall on this Sigil right here. Just one. Good.” Handing the willing Druid a scroll “Put your hand right in the middle of that outline. Yeah, like that. This might hurt a bit.” What seemed to be a pale red light emitting from the Druids palm occurred for a fraction of a second, and Reece blamed it on his lack of sleep. “Now, you see that tattoo on your hand? Whenever you want to duplicate yourself, just clap your hands twice, with your left thumb hitting the tattoo right there. Try it out!”

The Druid clapped his hands twice, getting slightly over-excited at the fact of having a clone of himself, but looked disappointed when nothing happened. He stepped to the side to let a customer pass, and was astonished when he stepped both sides, left and right. The spell had worked. Before warning the Druid to only use the spell if he mastered it perfectly, The Wandering Magus told a story of a friend who succumbed to the effects of the spell “...an assassin from a rival company to the first had the first assassinated. And the thing that saddens and horrifies me to this day, is that the second was playing with his children happily, completely content and unaware of the dealings of the world... when he died, not a single mark on his body, because of the binding clause of the duplication spell.”

The Wandering Magus clicked his fingers, and an upbeat music played, in an attempt to lift the atmosphere, and the two set off towards the sound of ruckus in the arcade.

2. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Nice. You've got to a part I just passed, though I'm at 4 pages on word...

But it's great though, I like your style.

3. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've just hit the 4th page too :D

Im at the bit where azrielle wants to dance... Had to cut chunks of that though to stop it from sounding daft :p

"My feet are on FIYYA" ? haha :p

4. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I changed that a bit as well, though she said that there really was fire, so I got smoke to be coming up from her toes.

5. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think i just overlooked that.. i went for a more serious-ish approach :p

6. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I'm just faithfully copying down, while making it more storylike, so as to keep the funny parts.

7. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    You could add the story as an attachment as I did, or release a new part very week or so to keep us exited.

9. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ill attatch it.. not done anything for a week or so thoughh :)

10. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There we go... Nothing great thoughh

11. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.
    I now have something else to read.

12. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    heh, give me some feedback if you will :)

13. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I haven't actually read it yet. But will really try to today.

14. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
  15. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I really liked it, though I've noticed that you have missed out quite a few things that... change me in relation to what I am like in the forum. But it's okay though. If you want I can attach the story with some corrections of spelling and grammar in bold/underlined and one repetition in italic, and a few commas, three dots, ... changed. One part I placed a question mark because I don't get the meaning at all, and that part is also bold/underlined.
    But over all, it's great; I love your style.

16. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if you would please druid... Dont know how much i'll be able to do though, i'm physically ready to murder someone. But thankyou

17. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Here...

And it now has a title. But let me congratulate you again, it's very good.

18. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks,
    But it's not good at all :p

19. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
  20. Reece56364

Reece56364 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my story, i appreciate the feedback and help, but my material isn't good... Im not a very god writer :p