The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General Television' started by Lego, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Why Carol's, and not Tyreese's? Sure, Carol had cared for the kids before, but after that remark about the bunny and after seeing how Lizzie was treating and talking about the walkers, both Carol and Tyreese should have known the kid was a psycho. But even if both had realised this - What could they have done about it? Even if they had taken the weapons away from her, she would have found a way, I guess. :/

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    in my humble opinion, there is no way from what i saw that Carol could not see Lizzie smothering Judith while Mica was shitting and aiming at the walkers and Tyrese was fighting on the tracks. At this point she should have shot the little bitch

3. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    Carol knew the kid had no problems hurting people, cause Carol TAUGHT the kid to have no problems hurting people

4. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Oh, I totally forgot about that. Well, she couldn't have just shot the kid, but maybe they should have tied her up or something like that. :p

5. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    certainly not left her alone with the kids

6. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    So, the finale........it's a cliffhanger, but I also see no possible way out of it for them. Terminus is practically a damn military base, they're trapped and have no weapons.....the only two left on the outside are Carol and Tyrese and how would they know Terminus is a trap, or be able to rescue their friends?

How can this possibly end well?

7. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I knew it! I had been wondering when they'd finally meet people like that. And when I saw the barbecue my first thought was "Where does that meat come from?" :D

8. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    yup. when they handed glen a plate of meat i was suspicious...

when they still had meat to give rick and co i said to Megs (MooGuru) "i have a horrible feeling these are cannibals"
    suspicion confirmed as they ran past the butchers room lol

9. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I ask again, how can Rick's group possibly get out of this, any of them, at all??? It's like they've written themselves into a corner that they now can't find any logical way out of.

Anyone got any ideas? Anything at all? Because I've got nothing. Jim, you're ex military, can you think of any way out for them?
    I'm sure where it's feeding time, the Terminus gang will aim about 50 guns at the door, go in, haul someone out, and that's that. What are the unarmed crowd going to do about it against overwhelming armed forces?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  10. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I'd say the only way they could get out involves at least one of them dying. I'm just wondering who it'll be. :S

11. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    it really depends on whether the guards who come to take them out of there are armed or not, and to answer the question before it's asked, it's far better for those entering the makeshift cell to be unarmed.
    (the snipers on the roof are there to cover them)

now, assuming these aren't military or paramilitary, and do enter while armed, overpowering the guards is a simple matter, but doesn't come without risk.
    the advantage the group has is light, or lack thereof. their eyes are accustomed to the darkness, whereas those on the outside are not.
    as you hear the sounds of the door being touched you look down and away from the door, it opens and bathes one end in light, but you are in darkness at the other.
    you leave the lead guard to the big guy, daryl and rick grab the second. pull them into the cell and slam the door shut.
    railway cargo containers are prized by doomsday survivalists for 1 reason, they are bulletproof.
    once armed with the gear of the lead guards it's simple. use the darkness. snipe anyone that you can see.
    knife anyone entering the cell.
    however.
    i think there needs to be a sacrifice to escape, and i think it will be the young lesbian. either Glen or the girl she's been perving on will be placed in danger, she'll sacrifice herself to save them. this will distract the guards long enough for the others to get away and recover their cache

12. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    also, the group aren't unarmed. clothing can make effective weapons.
    Daryl has a vest which can be used to blind an opponent. all have bootlaces, lace them together for a garrotte
    belts also make an effective garrotte
    lets not forget also that the most paranoid member of the group, Carol, is still out there, were she to approach as the group started killing she could easily hear the firefight and be a rather good distraction or flanking force.

13. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    there's also likely to be loose metal or edges in the cargo container, while not truly a weapon, they can conceivably be used in this instance, since you have the advantage of darksight, slam the door after the first 2 enter, rush as above. kill quickly by slamming the back of an opponent's head into a loose metal ridge.

but honestly, the most effective weapons in the room are daryl and the redheaded guy. size and power, speed and skill.

14. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    s5 e1

holy shit. Carol is back in the group!!!
    i tend to think that may well be the best episode so far, when i heard the explosion i assumed carol had gone and got the tank lol

15. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    That was definitely an amazing way to start a new season! Super impressive!

16. A Ghost With Toast

A Ghost With Toast Hello from the gutter!

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Forget Carole King, Carol is KING! Epic opener. I've only just got round to watching it but I'm glad to see they've stuck a ramjet to the tempo. Let's hope the rest of the episodes keep up the pace.:D

17. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    s5 e2

poor bob, not so willing to look at the bright side of life now.

18. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    s5 E3

holy crapsticks. poor bob, once again the conscience of the group has been removed and i await the ramifications. I was one of the few who took andrea's side over dale in the suicide attempt, i thought it was none of his business (though i hated andrea) but with bob, once he dealt with his "demons" he became the angel sitting on rick's shoulder, reminding him of right and wrong in his decisions. i think the group will once again become a dark place without him, well, whats left of the group.

19. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I really, really like where things are going.
    Not so much for Beth, because she's in a really shitty situation, especially considering this rape-y police-douchebag. However, Carol's arrival definitely makes things more interesting than they already are!

• Like Like x 1
  20. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    wow. i can't believe it went down like that. how in the hell did the Lt think she was negotiating from a position of power? she had equal numbers of people, but they were armed with handguns.... Tyreece could have taken them all out. i think Beth made a courageous decision, though it was made from spite rather than calculation and it cost her her life. i thought Tyreece was going to lose the plot seeing the kid get shot, am surprised at Daryl becoming the group's conscience, but maybe i shouldn't be.