The Two Towers weapon screw up

Discussion in 'Movies' started by dwarf tosser, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok i was watching TTT today and i noticed that when aragorn was tracking Merry and PIppen on the boarders of Fanghorn that hihs swords and elven knife where on the wrong sides. I have taken into consideration that they must have fliped the movie. It's weird because Viggo is a right handed man.

-dt

P>S> When Gamling asks for Aragorns weapons, it iss clear that they are in the correct placing.

2. Sindarking01

Sindarking01 Lord Of the Grey Elves

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed that too and if you look carefully Eomer's sword falls out of his scabbard as he gets on his horse after meeting the trio

3. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ya that is true, legolas' quiver rigging switches several times in side fangorn...

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    This topic has been covered a few times already. Film makers often flip the film so the characters are consistently moving in the same "direction" on screen. Like Aragorn drawing his sword from the wrong side of his body at Helm's Deep. The good guys are behind the wall on the left of screen, and the bad guys are outside the walls on the right of screen. They obviously filmed it one way, but flipped it to maintain consistency on the screen.
    That's also why Legolas's quiver rigging, and the Elven leaf cloak clasps can be seen switching sides so often. The characters need to look like they're consistently travelling in the same direction.

Here are some threads for LOTR movie mistake here, several posts reference the "flipping" thing: http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1549&highlight=mistake

http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2461&highlight=mistake

Thread closed.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.