The True Power

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Turin, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there are and Angreal/Sa'Angreal made to use the True power, anyone know?

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Hmm.. I don't see why not. The Forsaken seem rather power hungry. What better way to increase status than to be more powerful with the True Power also.

3. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I remember reading (In an RJ interview somewhere) that there weren't, but he may have said that there weren't any around today but then again, they couldn't have been made after the AoL, the talent is practically lost (except, perhaps, for Elayne) and during the AoL the Dark One wasn't around til the final stages, so unless they were made during the War Of Power and survived, i'd say there aren't any around at all.

4. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I seriously doubt it.

1. The True Power comes directly from the Dark One and can only be used with his permission, he decides how much he gives and when. I doubt he'd be very pleased if they created something that could drain more power from him than he wanted them to.

2. They don't use the TP unless there's no alternative (except for Ishydin) because of the side-effects/consequences. Haligar went to extreme lengths to get Logain out of Salidar, in order to have a free hand with saidin, rather than use the TP. They use as little as possible as seldom as possible.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    With point number 2, it wouldn't really matter if she used the True Power or saidin because they Aes Sedai would not have felt either. Though they did read the residue, if I remember correctly.

6. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Right, but Logain would have, that's why Haligar spent so much time and effort trying to get him gentled or executed. Do you really think all those proposals from Delana to the Hall were her own idea?

7. highgreener

highgreener New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HEY, speakin of delana, she is Demandred... or Osan' Gar

8. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    No, she isn't. First, we know she isn't from her PoV, second, we know who Aran'gar and Osan'gar are, Halima and Dashiva.

9. highgreener

highgreener New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry, thats right... i was thinkin of Halima...

Is thr an 11th book... and is "new spring" supposed to be read first...

10. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    This should be in the 'Ask a question' thread but book 11 (The Knife of Dreams) will be out in October of next year. New Spring is the first of 3 prequels to the series, it's are not essential to the story but interesting, informative and enjoyable none the less.

11. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think an angreal/sa'angreal for a man will work for a man chanelling the true power, and one for a woman will do the same for a woman, because when Ishy was watching Elayne and Nyn leave Ebu Dar he seemed to be interested in one, and he does not use sadin.

12. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I've found the definitive answer.

From an interview with Wotmania earlier this year: (Full Interview Transcript)

13. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I think the one he was interested in was the bowl of winds, because it would ruin the DO's current plan of eternal heatwaves. and so that a ter'angreal so its got nothing to do with the true power.

Wich begs a question, there may not be any angreal and sa'angreal for the true power, but were any ter'angreals made.

A stupid question because the obvious answer is no, but one worth raising. As we know all ter'angreal use the power, but whenever someone uses one, nobody can feel channeling with the exception of the bowl of winds. If nobody sense anything how can be be eithe half of the true source? another stupid question.

14. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Why do you say nobody can sense anything? I don't think it states anywhere that they can't. They were suprisedby the Bowl because its effects were so massive but they should have anticipated that. They were channelling an enormous amount of the Power into it. I think the main reason is that most ter'angreal operate on such a small scale that it can be difficult to tell. After all, it's the equivalent of a machine. Take a calculator, we can work out sums on paper but it takes a lot, a calculator does it internally, just showing the result. They tend use very small amounts of the power or use it where you can't see it. A person has to see and weave flows, a machine could do it far more accurately and finely. Some ter'angreal use saidar, some saidin, some both. AS can't see the effects of some because they use the male half of the source, probably most of the 'use unknown' ter'angreal are of that kind. Most of the ones they use only use saidar.