The Total War Series

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by King Bruiser, Mar 4, 2017.

1. King Bruiser

King Bruiser Absolutely Barbaric!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anyone here play the Total War games?

For those who might not be familiar with the series, they are tactical war games usually set in a historical setting. Up until recently that is. The games span many different time periods: from ancient Rome, feudal Japan, the middle ages, 1700s and 1800s and now they even cover fantasy!

The campaign map is turned based. That is where you construct buildings in your cities, recruit units, and move your armies. Once it is time for battle, you are loaded into the field where you control literally thousands of troops in real time. There isn't anything else like it!

Currently I am play Total War: Shogun 2 (the best in my humble opinion) and Total War: Warhammer

I own them all on Steam and would love to play with some people from this forum! Just search Steam for King Bruiser and add me if you like! :)

2. Cephalophore

Cephalophore New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I play them! I'm a Total War veteran!

The first one I ever played was Medieval: Total War circa 2005. Then Medieval II. Then Rome. Then Shogun 2. Then Attila! (the last time I played a TW game was late last year, playing an Axum campaign in Attila. It was a lot of fun, they have a great starting position.)

I've actually never played Rome 2 or Empire/Napoleon! And I'd love to start playing the Warhammer one, because I've always loved Warhammer and Warhammer 40k. (Just reading about them though, never actually playing!)

3. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    I still think Medieval 2 was the best, especially some of the mods like Stainless Steel and Third Age.

Something about Rome 2 bothers me and I'm not sure what.

4. SaranderBrander

SaranderBrander New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My internet connection isn't stable enough for multiplayer, but I just wanted to add...

Mods! Mods! Mods mods mods mods mods mods mods mods mods! Steam Workshop.

The customizability of the game is one of my favorite aspects of Total War. I used a nice zombie graphics mod for my recent Total Warhammer Vampire Counts playthrough and also the Tunneling and Settle Anywhere mod to get the Dwarfs off my back during the early game. When Chaos came, I had gold mines in the mountains ensuring I'd never run out of undead calvary to raise.

Also thanks to Medieval 2 I know that elephants with cannons mounted on their backs were real and terribly awesome .