The speculation thread!

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by GameMaster, May 19, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing that for Rands part, the Dragon is more than symbolic. I dunno how, but I doubt it is just coincidence.

2. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Hey, has anyone thought that Mat's giving up "half the light of the world" mean that he will turn to the Shadow ? Perhaps for only a little while, something i came across was the mention in the EoTW of the Creator as the Light Of The World....hmm

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  3. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  4. GameMaster

GameMaster I's all about the Game!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are theories also discounting Mat being Aemon reborn. Most just seem to think him as some kind of a general to a king or two.

5. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I agree EMT. I thought that when I first read the books too, and more so now that I'm rereading them. It really makes sense to me too.

6. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Hooray, somone agrees with me ! On another note - Elaida's palace - what do you think will become of it, its mentioned in LoC but never after that, and do you think the Asha'man and Aes Sedai will ever just be a loving bunch of Aes Sedai again ? Or will they stay seperate for a long while yet.

Personally, i believe they'll be seperate, there is too much distrust between them, especially since Asha'man have started bonding sisters.

7. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  8. Nynaeve

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
  9. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Haha, did u like the part about Nyaeve ripping scalp off when tugging on her damned braid ;) lol, that was classic !

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  10. Nynaeve

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I thought that was real funny, and I loved how Rand kept yelling at the women to shut up. They need that!

Oh, and I loved how he calls them hamsters. :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  11. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Haha, most women do......

12. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    So do you suppose someone will make a rescue attempt since Egwene was captured at the White tower?

13. Nynaeve

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    They have to do something, she's their Amrylin! I wonder if Rand will do anything to help them. The White Tower Aes Sedai did stuff him in a box and beat him, and they need to pay for everything the've done.

14. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Then again, the 'Hall of teh Tower' might decide this is a good oportunity to raise another Amyrlin that they can more easily manipulate.

15. Nynaeve

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I think if they left Egwene in Elaida's hands and chose a new Amyrlin they would be finished. They would be telling the world that they cannot protect and keep their leaders. It would be a sign of weakness to their supporters (who I believe would desert them then) and Eladia would be able to defeat them. What ruler of a country wants to support a group who cannot agree and fight together, but abandons their leader in the hands of the enemy?

16. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Good point. I wonder how Gareth Byrne will respond when he learns the news.

17. GameMaster

GameMaster I's all about the Game!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, just for fun.

Personally, I would like to see some of the shady Aes Sedai actually turn out to be Black Ajah, it would make a more interesting story in my opinion.
    Anyway I'll list a few.
    Which of these do you guys think will be found as BA before the series finishes. It could be possible that someone could be a Darkfriend but not belong to the Black Ajah.

1. Cadsuane
    2. Verin
    3. Moiraine (hey some people believe this)
    4. Siuan Sanche
    5. Leane
    6. Sheriam
    7. Vandene

The one's that have bugged me are Verin, Leane, Sheriam and although unlikely, I think there is room for Cadsuane to be portrayed as a Darkfriend but not a memeber of the Black Ajah.

Reasons:
    Verin's secrecy and agenda in general. I had a problem with her not identifying the BA memebers when she was compelling the AS from Elaida's group in the Aiel camp.

Leane has always rubbed me the wrong way since Perrin smelled her lying.

Sheriam lately seems very shady. We know from New Spring that the previous Mistress of Novices was Black Ajah, and it seems a position that they love to control just because of the value of recruiting young novices into the Black Ajah.

In total honesty I think that most or all of these are not Darkfriends but there is that small element that if they turned up to be then I wouldn't be surprised.

So what are your choices from these or others that I haven't mentioned?

18. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think Sheriam is for sure. Remember her lack of surprise at finding a Gray man in the tower?

19. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I don't think Cadsuane is black Ajah or a Darkfriend. Horribly obnoxious and overbearing, but well intentioned. She truly believes the end justifies the means.

Verin looks suspiciously black Ajah lately. Especially after using a form of compulsion that will slowly kill a person. We know she applied it to Beldeine, a rather young Aes Sedai lacking an ageless face. Most likely to other members of that party. Not exactly actions of a pure person. Also, it appears that she lied at one point, when she met up with Rand (I think), she said that Morraine had sent her, when M later said she sent no one. Black Ajah members seem to be able to lie.

Morraine? Nah, a dark friend wouldn't have killed Lanfear if it meant sacrificing their own life.

Siuan merely has a stick up her @$$. But not likely a Black Ajah.

Truthfully, I don't think we know enough about Leane to pin her either way. But an interesting point is Siuan didn't trust her for the search for the Black Ajah, could it be cause she suspected her? Same point goes for Sheriam. I was thinking Mistress of the Novices would be a great position for Black Ajah. Why else would you like to repeatedly beat the novices and accepted? :eek:

Vandene does look a little suspicious after Adeleas was killed. In addition, a Draghar was near their house. Maybe it had been clued in as to Morraine's current location then.

I also suspect Danelle. Who has a perpetually dreamy look, but is capable of doing much more than you'd think. Romanda could be a member of the Black Ajah too. Not very pleasant, scheming for power. Finally, I'd like to accuse 90% of the Red Ajah. After all if their leader is Black, how many more did she recruit.

20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Personally id be surprised if Cadsuane turns out the be Black Ajah. She is a pain in the ass but her intentions are to get Rand to Tarmon Gai'don, whatever way necessary. And remember in Winter's Heart, she was directing the other Aes Sedai in attacking the Forsaken, she wouldn't attack her leaders right ?

Moiraine just can't be Black, shes too main a character for RJ to do this to us this late in the game, and as Nienor said, she wouldn't attack and kill Lanfear, as well as sacrificing herself (sacrifice is always potrayed as a "good side" thing to do, if you get me.)

I'll post more thoughts later, i gotta get going.