The rise of Xesis

Discussion in 'The Dark Abyss' started by Mad hatter, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Mad hatter

Mad hatter Old member, New account

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +233 / 4 / -0
    A long long time ago there were heroes who fought against the forces darkness. After decades of struggle, the once young heroes succeeded in their quest to vanquish their foes. It was their party had led the final assault against the Dark Citadel in the Shadow Lands.

Afterwards all was bright, full of happiness, rainbows and I dunno - goodness. Everyone relaxed. Since eternal peace was settled in the lands after the extinction of the dark races, the armies held by the peoples of the light became pointless and were disbanded, with only simple guards staying on duty. No more adventurers. No more major evilness. There were still criminals, but nothing big time. Elves, humans, dwarves - all just got lazy and dumb. The last heroes died of old age.

Then - he arrived. Xesis, the lord of fire and magic. The master of all deceit and knowledge, the god of chaos. The one who brought magic into the world, and who offered to destroy stagnation in it for all eternity. A powerful god, who started corrupting everyone to his influences. Nobody could fight him or his forces. And so they all fell - the Elves, most sensitive to the supernatural, were taken in by his promise immortality.... The Dwarves - swayed by the promise of Riches, and the Humans were promised the finest weapons the world had ever seen.

Their promises were not fulfilled and their wills were broken over years of enslavement. Children were taken at birth to be part of the shadow army, women were used by all who came upon them and the world fell into ruin. All forms of society collapsed.

Undead had started to roam the lands, forcing everyone into hiding.

You have been summoned from hiding by the secret council. The once great advisers to the king have sent scouts far and wide across the lands to find people like yourself, hoping to re-enact an old legacy.

-------------------------

Please fill out the sheet below to participate in the RolePlay

Name/Alias
    Appearance: (Picture will suffice instead of a short paragraph if easier)
    Personality:
    Class: (Ranger, Cleric etc)
    Race: (Any Race is acceptable provided that there is info for others to look at
    Weapons of choice:
    Any extra details:

Please note that any OverPowered chars will be reduced to match the level of everyone else.

Happy posting! There will be an IN GAME thread up when this has a few replies. This is just a sign up thread

2. GrimWarlock

GrimWarlock Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Name/Alias: Altan the Warped
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Occupation: Scholar. Especialy interested in forbidden lore, such as demons, occult sorceries and profane rituals.
    Personality: A manipulative bastard, willing to go pretty far to reach his goals. Schemer and plotter. Has great interest in the collection and application of all knowledge, especialy if arcane and magical. Sometimes even goes out of his way to collect knowledge without practical use, just out of love for learning stuff. He considers that this new world is preferrable to the old happy place that went nowhere. Altan himself states that if he were born during that time, he'd have most likely "died out of sheer boredom". He despises the whole "morality thing" as he doesn't really consider "good" or "evil". "Those are binary oppositions forged by our minds, to more easily define ourselves in an utterly meaningless world."
    Class: Wizard
    Race: Human
    Weapons of choice: Spear that doubles as his staff.
    Any extra details: Well not really.

Adding the backstory

Altan the Warped is a cunning manipulator and leader of a kinda bandit-ish force of Chaos .He and the renegades at his command strike without warning against anyone who has resources he requires in his research and collection of knowledge. His warband is relatively small, with only several hundred warriors that report to him and a dozen lesser wizards who work simple spells in his stead.

Altan's holdings are high in a ruined mountain castle, that he has(relatively)rebuilt and uses to store his many scrolls, books and artefacts, as well as a residence of sorts. The local peasants, in the mountains although technicaly having a king, have been long forgotten from anyone and in practice are part of Altan's tiny kingdom.

Often, when he learns of some artefact or piece of knowledge he would gather his bandits and go forth to collect it, sometimes even if the artefact is just an object with history behind it, and no special properties to it, or if the book or scroll posseses some obscure knowledge that is effectively useless. Furthermore he prefers not to use the ancient items he gathers, as he collects them for their historic value rather than magical powers or arcane knowledge.(You could say he is something of an unholy curator, more than he is a chaos wizard.)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  3. Mad hatter

Mad hatter Old member, New account

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +233 / 4 / -0
    Brilliant. You are accepted. 2 more people should be enough to start. Then Ill get a sheet up and we can be on our way!

4. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I'm in, just gotta work out a character after I hear back from @Mad hatter

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    Name/Alias Aeliath Silvertree aka Shadow-wolf

Age 23

Nature: Chaotic Neutral. she is neither good nor evil, though her lust for revenge makes her care little about what her actions lead to.

Appearance: she's short, about 4' 8" (142cm). Her hair is black, and falls just past her shoulders. her eyes are an unusual pale pink color, and are slightly tilted. her skin is slightly tanned due to her frequent hunts which last days. for armor she has a black leather cuirass with red accents, (i.e. lacing across the bodice). the cuirass covers most of her torso, coming down just above her navel, and crossing her shoulders with small, leaf shaped shoulder plates made of a light weight metal. her arms are bare except for a black ribbon tied around her right upper arm, which shows that she is of a highish rank in her village, and she also wears a silver bracelet around her left wrist, a gift from her mother. she wears leather cuisses to protect her thighs, and the are also made of black leather with red stitching and straps. she prefers to leave her feet bare. around her right ankle is a leather strap, with an inscription stitched in red with her alias in elfin lettering. she also wears a black leather strip around her head, which has a small blood crystal attached via delicate silver chain falling down to just above her nose. she also wears a black cloak, and prefers to have the hood up more often then not. on either hip rests a sword, slightly curved, which a black hilt, and a pommel shaped like a wolf's head howling. her bow is made from a very rare black wood, which is slightly better then yew, though she had to help the bowmaker greatly in order to get him to make it. she carries her quiver slung across her back, which for her village is odd because most of the other villagers attach theirs to their hip.

Occupation: Hunteress for her small village. she also goes out to find herbs and other medicinal plants for the local healer.

Personality: She has difficulty opening up to new people but once she does, she's very honorable and loyal to that person. she has difficulty learning from mistakes, sometimes making the same mistake multiple times before finally trying something new.

Class: Ranger

Race: Wood Elf

Weapons of choice: Bow for ranged attacks, and a set of dual blades for close range. she also carries a dagger for desperate measures.

Any extra details: She has a fondness for wolves. She also has the tendency to drink too much mead or ale and start acting like a fool. she doesn't care to be in open spaces either, preferring forested regions more. due to her lack of height, she has difficulty climbing over large tree trunks that have fallen, but she sometimes circumnavigates this by running along tree branches.

background story (brief summary): She was born to one of the last surviving members of the ancient Silvertree family, which at one point was a semi powerful family in wood elf society. Her parents were killed when she was five years old. she only survived because she was hiding in a clump of bushes. She was later found by a hunter of what would become her home village. The hunter decided to adopt her into his small, humble family, where she learned the ways of the forest, swiftly becoming a great hunteress herself. as she got older, she started to desire knowledge about her family, which is when she found out she was the sole remaining member. she doesn't remember who killed her parents, but this hasn't stopped her desire for revenge. when she became an adult at the age of 17, she started spending long periods of time on her own in the wilderness, coming back to the village every few weeks to unload hunts, along with any medicinal herbs and roots she had found that she didn't need.

how's that, acceptable or should I add anything?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  6. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    So... When do we begin?

7. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I would like to know as well.

8. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Did the RP officially die?

9. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I have no idea, I thought we were just getting everything ready before we started.

10. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    The main problem which I am sure that you noticed by this point, is the amount of people that join. At most I've played such an RP(without it being a forum specificaly dedicated to RP)with 5 people including gamemaster. I'd say we should start in a week or two people or no, otherwise it'll just die

11. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    sounds good, maybe we can recruit someone to join up.

12. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Well... Any idea who might join and how exactly we'll find people for it? Cause I don't think we can make posters with a Chaotic Sorceror God that points at you and says "I want you - to join our grim realm" and then post them all over the forum

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  13. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I could post on the every time you visit thread. I think there might be some folks who'd be interested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Not a bad idea actually

15. Shirio_Utinaro

Shirio_Utinaro Hunter/Archer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Name: Vanessa Alias: Aragwen Krisaadi

Appearance: Golden hair just past shoulders, crystal blue eyes, and a cut along her cheek. Has a long scar down her mid to lower back, from trying to escape bandits.

Occupation: Was a bread maker, but secretly studied Necromancy and fire magic on her nights off. After being found out about her secret studies, she fled the village and lived in secret, as Aragwen. Now she practices her archer skills, and has moved on from Necromancy, in search of new magics, out of curiousity.

Personality: Shy, easily embarrassed, and always ready for anything. It is hard for her to talk to other people.

Class: Hunter/Archer

Race: Elven/Orcish

Weapons of choice: standard bow, hunting knife

Any extra details: She has a necklace from a friend who died long ago, as well as her friends pet fox, Misakora

16. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to the RP

17. Shirio_Utinaro

Shirio_Utinaro Hunter/Archer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Why thank you. I'm RPing on here as well as Iwaku, sorry if I don't respond.

18. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Okay. Now all we need to do is wait for Mad Hatter. Any questions about the RP?

19. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    is the world fantasy, or something a bit different? I feel like I know the answer but my brain is tired. this is also kinda going into the whole world building bit, if I know what kind of world exactly we're going for, I can maybe come up with really cool ideas, since world building is what I love to do anyway

20. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Dark gritty fantasy world with a bit of sci-fi. Wizards don't blow everything up, they have supernatural powers but not such that they can make the skies burn and the earth tremble, they can alter things through magic but not too much. Magical creatures are actualy animals that have mutated thanks to the reality-altering powers of magic that now affects the world, and there are no magical creatures in the normal meaning of the word. Most of them are like that:

[​IMG]

The races of the world also suffer from mutations. Followers of Chaos would embrace growing extra arms and eyes as a divine gift seeing how from a purely practical standpoint having five arms makes some stuff easier, and having eyes literaly on your back is quite useful.
    No over-the-top high fantasy stuff. No shining knights in magical armor, or ultraevil cursed warriors wielding demonic axes. No ridicilously accurate archers. Elves do not get to be always pretty and superawesome at everything - they still have to work for it just as much as everybody else, and can just as easily be weak and dumb if they won't put effort into becoming stronger and smarter. All civilized races(human, elf, dwarf et cetera) live approximately to 100 or so years, while barbaric races(orcs, trolls, barbaric humans and such) on up to 60-70, not counting mutants some of whom can actualy live forever so long as nobody kills them. Nobody is inherently good or evil. There is no great bad or good guy. Everybody acts how they see fit and considers themselves good - that counts for demons and chaos followers as well.

Demons are non-playable race, unless the character somehow earns Xesis's favor and ascends into a demonic creature. Remember that Chosen, while superior to normal people are chosen due to them becoming great rather than the reverse that usually happens in fantasy(a.k.a they get chosen and that leads to greatness. Xesis chooses those who can become great on their own for his champions.)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
Search tags for this page
culos xesis xxx
how xesis fell and his death
spawn the animation

tzeentch artwork

xesis