The Redwall TV Series???

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Gûd Daedheloth, Aug 19, 2003.

1. caitied18

caitied18 Pyro *********

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no prob issac29

2. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I checked and it wasn't on :( darn

3. neongrl

neongrl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've never seen the animated series, let alone knew about it. i always enjoyed the books very much. the detail in them and the way written made them fun to read.

4. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I liked the whole mystical story behind, though the fact it was mice made it seem kind of "strange" but interesting

5. Jenab

Jenab New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The books are almost always better than the movies - though I expect that a movie based on the Dragonlance Chronicles would be an exception. The DL Chronicles were just so badly written. Snarl again, Raistlin.

"Sturm!" cried Tanis, waving his arms. "The others!"
    "Tanis!" snarled Raistlin. "So what?"

I heard that the reason DL Chronicles were so badly written is that the books were knock-offs from a game of Dungeons & Dragons. But sometimes it gots the other way, or the book is about as good as the game was: Betrayal at Krondor (the game) is okay, but I really liked reading Feist's Krondor the Betrayal even more.

But usually the books are better than the movies, even when the movie came first. Think for a minute about Luke Skywalker's immortal line in Star Wars: "Where could he BE?" It was repeated several times as the heroes were about to be squeezed into jelly inside the Death Star's trash compactor. It sounded really hokey. But the same line in a book wouldn't be so bad, though it probably should be in the dialog only once.

To be fair to movies, I have to give credit to Obi Wan's really great line: "Mos Eisley spaceport. And you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." This line is repeated thousands of times every day by travellers who pass by a place where they can look down in the morning on the town where they work, except instead of "Mos Eisley spaceport" they put in something like "Marlinton, West Virginia..."

Movies take 2 hours to show what you spend a week reading about; it can't help but be abbreviated and partial. Also, since what you read makes you create the scene in your imagination, it can be different the 2nd time you read it. A movie scene is fixed, so the next time you come back it's all old hat (unless you forgot something).

I haven't read Redwall yet. But I have the first 16 books in the series. I heard that they started to stink after Loamhedge, so I'm not buying any more.

Jerry Abbott

6. Cluny's Ho

Cluny's Ho New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ohh i haven 't seen the TV Redwall!! Does Cluny look good in it?
    Just wonderin'

7. Morelen

Morelen Jer Mom

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Meh.

I used to watch it occasionally.

It's good for little kids but I'm not a fan...

:bat:

8. Boadicea

Boadicea Warrior Queen

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Cluny looks like what he's supposed to be in the tv series: a kiddy villain with a voice that sounds scary to a 7-year-old. Jenab, I haven't read anything after Loamhedge, but I bet they are declining in quality. How many times can Brian Jacques rewrite the same exact plot? You can all tell I'm in a prejudice mood today, lol.

9. Blackfish

Blackfish Blood Angels' 5th co.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yea, they could have done a bit better with the siege scenes and the voice acting. But, other than that they did fine. (The hares looked so much better than they do in a lot of the book illustrations.)

10. Tiger64

Tiger64 Master of Pyro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've read up to Martin the Warrior of the books and I'm gonna start The Bellmaker soon...but I've only seen clips of the series...I really wanna see them! My friend says it's on sometimes on PBS so I'm gonna keep lookin'! My favorite clips would have to be from Martin the Warrior...well...not my favorites...but the ones I go back to a lot...the (spoilers) scene where Rose dies is REALLY sad...I actually cried a little...when I read the book I was ok...Brian didn't focus on the love story between Martin and Rose but more on Martin's saga as a warrior while the TV series focused a lot on the love...I felt even worse when I found out they actually told each other they loved them...anybody else feel like this?

11. Noonvale's_Rose

Noonvale's_Rose New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I felt it. Rose is one of my favorite characters. (please note username, Noonvale's_Rose) By the way, I'm new. Hi!