The One Ring

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by deacon75, Feb 6, 2004.

1. deacon75

deacon75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive wanted to buy The One Ring for awhile, but the ones ive seen with the elvish writing around the band don't excite me. Jens Hansen the creator of the One Ring for the movie sells them. They are not officially licensed, but they are as accurate, or more accurate the the ones that are licensed. Since they are made by the man who made the ring for the movie. Now my question. Has anybody purchased the One Ring from Jens Hansen, and what are your thoughts to its appearance and feel, and did you get the chain?

Thanks for any information

2. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Land of the Long White Cloud/Aotearoa/New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ive got something a little different than the one ring, it's a necklace that is made from black titanium that is circular and has the script on the facing out side.

3. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This has nothing to do with W & A. Please post in the correct forum. I am moving this to General Tolkien Chat.

4. deacon75

deacon75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I meant to post this question in Before I buy Forum.

SORRY

5. Ancient Warrior

Ancient Warrior ...geriatric love machine

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I may be wrong about this, but I think the ring available from Jens Hansen does not have the Elvish writing on it. Something about it not being officialy licensed. Obviously I don't have this piece, and maybe someone who does can shed more light on this for you.

AW

6. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    And you did post it in there. However, if you look at the Before you buy area it is under the Weapons & Armour boards. So this has nothing to do with W & A. So it goes in General Tolkien Chat.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I purchased the silver version for my girlfriend (as she prefers silver)
    Apart from the obvious colour difference its EXACTLY the same ring, it doesnt really bother her that theres no script as the ring itself as beautiful, and far ahead of the dodgy competition with ugly engraved script.

8. matrix9217

matrix9217 King of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You might want to check out the Noble Collection, as it is also liscenced to make LOTR products. They have many different versions of the One Ring.

9. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  10. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think museum replicas make one, but I don't see why anyone would want one...

11. deacon75

deacon75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think everybody has different reasons for wanting to collect certain replicas from an epic like the LOTRs movies. Ive collected some of the swords from United Cutlery, and Gimlis helm. Ive collected some of the statues from Sideshow/Weta. There all works of art, excellent craftsmanship, and a joy to look at. But there are two things that have drawn me to wanting to purchase this certain Item. #1 as simplistic as it is in its presentation, to me its a beautiful piece of jewelry (Along with its Silver linked chain). #2 To Me purchasingt it from the family that created the One Ring for the Movies carries alot of weight.

Also Ill be purchasing the 9ct gold ring, which is $400 less than the 18ct ring.
    Ive already preordered John Howe's Barad-Dûr Giclee. Cant waste all my money on a stupid old ring.

QUOTE=elvenblademaster]I think museum replicas make one, but I don't see why anyone would want one...[/QUOTE]