The Official Trailer!

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    According to Terry Goodkind's site ABC has released an Official Trailer for the tv series. Sam Rami and company have decided to call the series Legend of the Seeker instead of Wizard's First Rule because the first book deals with the characters and everything they go through. I've watched the trailer many times and I feel it necessary to perhaps see if I can get a new banner made. The series premiers on November 1st at 8 p.m. (This is on a Saturday). I know that this series is going to be a record all on my DVR!!! Anyway, for those of you dying to see the trailer here is a link to it. Personally I think Sami and Company is doing a GREAT job with the series from what I saw on the trailer. Good work! Once you've seen the trailer and if you have any questions or comments please post them here. Thanks!

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I when through the series of books a dozen times and couldn’t wait for the show.

The think that got me skeptical is from the producers of Hercules and Xena.

Kind of made for the family producers the books are a lot darker then Hercules and Xena. I hope they don’t take that out of the story it would kill it for me.

Who is that playing Richard? He looks a little small for the war wizard.

Still it will be what it will be.. counting down the days.

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    The individual playing Richard is Craig Horner. He does look a bit on the small side compared to what I thought of Richard to be but Sam Rami said he doesn't want to disappoint the viewers so he has read the first book and Mr. Rami said Mr. Horner is taking on Richard very well. He is nice looking though but not enough muscles for me. :p One thing I will say is I LOOOOVVVEEEE Kahlan's Dress! I want to get one soo bad but then again I don't have enough cleavage to hold it up. lol. So far this looks to be Very promising. Now....the monster we see...I believe that is a Gar but well...I wasn't picturing it that way in my mind. Did you notice that?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  4. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Kahlan's Dress looks good lol.

Craig Horner has got to get rid of that (Joe dirt Mustache) but nice trailer all and all. He kind of looks like Orlando bloom if you like that kind of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I soo want to a dress like that. I'm no Orlando Bloom fan but I don't think he looks like him. lol. Anyway, The mustache well...if you've read Stone of Tears, I want to see how well he handles a Full Beard. That will tell me if he will be able to handle Richard..but then again I always pictured Richard's hair as a dark brown and not a black color. Oh well. They had to dye Bridget's hair because she is a natural red-head instead of brown. I haven't kept watch on the eye colors. Did you notice that in the trailer??

6. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It was to dark for me to see Gar clearly..

7. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I really battled to read the first book of the series, so I am skeptical of how good a tv adaption will be. That said however, I hope it suceeds, I hope I enjoy it, as I believe it may only be Terry Gookinds writing style that I cant get used to, rather than the story. One can only hope!

8. General Myferd

General Myferd New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think richard is to small, zed is to big and kaylen needs redder hair. also, the power of kaylens, i always though it was blue not red. and i never ever though they where in a forest like that :p. i dont know, it looks ok.. . i just dont want to loose my imagenings of the books to thiers....
    general

9. Dark Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Sauron Lord of Middle Earth

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have mixed feelings about the trailer, though I am very excited someone is trying to adapt Terry's books to TV! The background and text between scenes seemed to evoke too much "whimsical adventure" for my liking; parts of the Wizard's First Rule are very dark. I am very worried about how ABC/Disney will portray the Mord Sith ... Also, I am not a big fan of Darken Rahl in this series, I was hoping for someone like Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) ... I really hope this turns out well, though.

10. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0

Indeed the Mord-Sith are a Very DARK part of the novels. That will be Very Interesting in the way that Disney/ABC portrays it. Also, the whole part with Darken Rahl and what he does to the boy...well that is a tiny bit adult oriented. I was very concerned about Disney having the rights to it because well...let's face the facts, Disney isn't up for Violence. I was hoping that HBO would produce it because they have produced many good miniseries.

Also, General in regards to your concerns. I think they did a pretty good job with Richard, although to me his hair isn't the brown I had imagined. Kahlan's hair to me was brown and not a reddish color. Also, I don't recall her power having any sort of color in relation to her using it. The only thing that worries me is the fact that whether or not Richard will hear the Clap of Thunder. Also, to me Zedd isn't too big...it is more than likely the angle used with the camera. While Richard's isn't as built as I imagined...we are getting what they want.
    We all will see what happens when the series begins. Stay tuned for more updates.

11. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I don’t think we will see half the thing we wish, that would need to be in a full screen movie.

They got to think about the kids..pooh

We all know that parents would rather complain about the show and let their kids watch it anyway then turn the channel..

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True enough. I was hoping it would come to theaters instead of a mini-series. We will just have to wait and see.

13. General Myferd

General Myferd New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    zedd will be played by bruce spence, who is 6 feet 7 inches, i think thats tall.

14. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Yes but according to the novel his description is - and I quote:

"Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander is an old man with pale, lucid skin that drapes loosely over a collection of bony projections that make him look as frail as a dry stick, he is 5' 9". He has scrawny, twig-like fingers and spindly arms and his bottom lacks any padding whatsoever. He is anything but frail, though. His voice is normally as thin as the rest of him. He typically wears simple, plain, unadorned robes which show his rank as an extremely powerful wizard. His face has sharp, keen features and angles with thin lips and intelligent eyes. His jaw is smooth and is kept clean-shaven and he has hazel/green eyes and wavy white hair. Despite his thin body, he is notorious for his voracious appetite and will eat almost anything offered to him, and lots of it."

The height might be a bit overwhelming but what can we do about it? We can't do anything but hope Zedd doesn't appear to be a Giant in the show. Remember the first two hour episode premiers on Saturday November 1st on your local ABC Channel.

15. LegendSeeker

LegendSeeker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The TV series will follow the settings and characters of the Goodkind novels, but with some minor variations as to accommodate a television show. Some of the darker elements may be toned down, but that should be made up for with great SFX and the amazing NZ settings. But LOTS will be different from Xena/Hercules in tone, as it is following the source novels.

If anyone has any questions, please keep the thread going and I can try to answer things as best I can. I'm actually reading, with great enjoyment, the buzz surrounding the show and trying to follow how the show is perceived. I understand the criticisms too, based on the fears of changing elements from the source. Overall, the show should be fun, adventurous and heroic.

Stay tuned for November 1.

16. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I know that book elements need to be changed from the novels as the story is transformed into an actual watch-able and workable television version that can keep a non hard core Goodkind readers interest, or someone who has never known of his works…if that’s possible..But nothing surprises me any more.

The one think above all that I think shouldn’t change from the story was what MrGoodkind tried to relate in the story most of all was his philosophy that became Richards Philosophy of life and how he lived by them, unwavering and beyond noble with flawless integrity. If that one element is held as unwavering as Richard I can see the series having enormous success.

17. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Wolf - That is correct about Richard's views toward life and history in general. What he went through with the Mordsith, that definitely changed the way he viewed the world. What he went through with the Mordsith was a very intriguing part in the novel. I'll say that those chapters had me up way past my bedtime! I'm also very curious as to whether or not they get the Mordsith's outfit correct.

18. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

After reading your post a second time and visiting my old stomping ground at MrGoodkinds official forum. Or S.O.T as we called it, to check on the series and how the director was reading up on the books for the show, I was wondering if you might have something to do with the series?

19. LegendSeeker

LegendSeeker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New image

Attached Files:

20. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Nice image LS! I'm ready for the first episode now. ;)