The North Remembers

Discussion in 'A Game of Thrones HBO Series' started by Anakin, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    No, you can find the full thing

2. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    double post

3. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Obviously the first episode, wasn't that exciting. But in that sense it's true to the books - you can't possibly keep up the excitement of the ending of GoT.

Did anyone else love, love, love the scene they added between Cersei/Littlefinger? "Seize him. Cut his throat. Stop - wait. I've changed my mind, let him go." So nonchalant. It was great!

What the heck was up with Rakharo getting his head chopped off? As far as I know he's still alive in the books. That makes me nervous. What if he's essential to some plot line in book 6/7? Do you think they consulted with Martin and he gave the go ahead? Weird.

4. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    App!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you :).

I think they run these decisions by Martin; he's pretty involved with the show AFAIK, so I doubt you've anything to worry about there.

I think the third episode was the best so far - it was more tightly constructed than the earlier ones and the ending was awesome. Maisie Williams as Arya is incredibly talented, a definite contender for best actor in the show. Tyrion's offers to Varys, Pycelle and Littlefinger was also brilliantly cut (and did you see the luck of sheer avarice on LF's face when Tyrion mentioned Harrenhal? I loved the way Aiden Gillen just let the mask drop for a fraction of a second.).

5. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    Yeah that was brilliant. I like Tyrion's character and just how he tricked all three of them to see who would rat him out to his sister, was brilliantly done.

6. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 2 / -0
    You people tell me. Does Melisandre use a somewhat weird accent? Just curious :)

7. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    It's there, but it's very slight. She's Dutch, isn't she?

8. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yes she's dutch, so probably doesn't need to put on an accent.

9. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    I thought the last episode was very good, The Garden of Bones. It's interesting how Tyrian continues his manipulation and already seems to take an interest in Sansa. Also the scene at the end, which I won't spoil at the end was fantastic and just made me more impatient to see the next episode.

10. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    My God, even for GoT that was disturbing as hell. But yes, good episode overall. This Renly is growing on me - loved that he could see through Littlefinger.

11. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I recently finished the third book: A Storm of Swords and so far these books are good.
    I'm really enjoying the variety of characters and the way they manipulate each other.
    As for the series, my hubby is watching it and enjoying every episode right beside me.
    I think the cast is right on target and every time a new episode comes on that hour just goes by too quick!!
    So far my two members they cast are: Kaleesi and Jon Snow.
    This episode was really good.

12. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    Daenerys Targaryen, the Khaleesi. Yeah she and Jon Snow are the ones who are my favourite now too.

13. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    Saw the last episode, it certainly was an interesting character, this ghost. Surely look forward to see more of it. And Arya getting on her killing spree is starting to take shape... Also thought the development in Qarth was interesting.
    Read that A Storm of Swords might be split into two seasons and that it seems likely to me that together A Feast for Crows and A Dance of Dragons together might be split in three seasons, after all, I think Martin intended for these events in the last two published books to take place about the same time. It just focuses on different characters.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  14. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think that's almost definite. There's no way you could cover ASOS in 10 episodes, and there's no point in rushing it when the series isn't finished yet anyway. And I imagine the audience would rebel if they tried to do AFFC before ADWD and Dany, Tyrion and Jon all missed a season (or two).

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  15. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    Well that is what they might try to do, mix the events of AFFC and ADWD together and split them in either two season or more, because if you did it book by book then you wouldn't see Dany for example for a whole season and the chronology of the time that passes in the series would become confusing.

16. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    The second season is not near as good as the first... I think they should stick to the actual story more, they're changing a lot. And there's a lot of unnecessary cruelty as well, like the thing with the rats, the scene with joffrey and the whores, etc.. And the character of Yyyyyyyyygritte is absolutely annoying. I keep on watching of course, but I don't like how the second season turned out.

17. FauxKingA

FauxKingA New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree, season 2 has been pretty disappointing. I don't mind that they are straying a lot from the books, but several parts that were really exciting in the books are kind of flat in the series (Qorin Halfhand comes to mind.) I'm not particularly fond of TV Ygritte either. After the first few episodes they seem to have pretty much forgotten about the dire wolves again. Arya's subplot is decent, though even it could be a little more poignant.

18. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +3,157 / 5 / -0
    I think it's going pretty good. I might not think it's as good as the first series, but it's still one of the best shows I've ever seen on tv, but that's my opinion. I think keeping up with the books is a difficult task. That's why I'm curious about the battle of blackwater, because this is no movie series. They won't have the budget to create an epic battle like you see in Alexander or Lord of the Rings, so they're going to find a solution so they won't let the fans down. It's interesting that this episode is written by G.R.R Martin himself, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

19. FauxKingA

FauxKingA New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised they aren't using more CGI. The Tudors was able to simulate huge groups of people pretty well with it.

20. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Ohh so that's the next episode? I thought the last episode was good, very .. promising. Nothing much happened, but a good tone setter for the next one.
    (not sure if the word "tone setter" exists in english but you know what I mean:D)