The Most Evil Man in History

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Unraveller, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well as for Greeks and Turks the truth is that until now they try to provoke us and they are looking for a chance to attack us,even in the century when open wars are not so easy to happen any more,but remember Cyprus in 1974.The thing is that there has been too much effort from the previous Greek government and this one to change our school books and the way we think about Turks by removing many parts of minimizing events,battles and traditions that remind us that the main enemy of Greece is Turkey.Most Greeks here consider that something bad and they don't like it.We are a people that no matter what,if you mess with our traditions,our values and our religion we get angry.And I guess that's with most Eastern people.We are not exactly Western people,not so much Eastern either,not even completely Balkan.I think we are in the middle.

Like I said,there has been to much effort by the Greek governments of the last years and artists and the media to bring the two people together.It's true that Greeks and Turks have a lot more common in their every day life and they can cope much better together than with Westerners.But still to tell you the truth and I could mention exampls if needed if someone wants it,the Turkish government is doing nothing to make the Greek-Turkish relationships better.They still teach them a very different kind of history in their schools,altering facts and the entire reality of the history of Greeks.It's not just that they say the opposite of what we say,they insist on altering history to make the Turks seem as the best and most glorious nation of the world.

Now as for the war in Yugoslavia,Turkey supported the Bosnian Muslims and the Albanians and we supported the Serbs.It's not just a political game,it's not the "i say white you say black".This goes way back to history and reminds us of the times when Orthodox Christians fought against Muslim Turks.Just like for example during the Greek Revolution in 1821 which was hoped to start the revolution not just of the Greeks but also of all the other Orthodox peoples in the Balkans against the Ottoman Turks.And then during the Balkan Wars when Greece and Serbia fought together against the Ottoman Empire.

That Greek guy who came back from Yugoslavia after some years where he had served as a volunteer in the Serbian army,said that they could find Turkish things in the Muslim houses there very often.From clothes,to books to carpets everything had the tag "Made in Turkey" on it.He said that they found things like that and that there were foreign volunteers in the Muslims side from Muslim countries.

And still I see movies and TV series about evil Serbs and stupid stuff like that that people who live in the other side of the planet believe because they don't know anything.I don't understand it.Here in Greece we get to see some of the best documantaries(Exandas,War Zone etc.)and we get to know both sides of the story.

Do you know that the Serbs had proposed us twice to make a confederate country?To unite and make one country?

It would be like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  3. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No body would ever dream of deniying the holocaust, but no one seems to give a sh*t about muslims. So I'm guessing you folk are happy to say that it never happened and there was no ethinic cleansing of muslims from the balkans?

And people wonder why Islam has so many extremests.

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well you're wrong if you think people don't care about the issues you mentioned. Just because they haven't been brought up here yet, doesn't mean people don't care. The fact of the matter is, that in this thread the holocaust has been the main subject, but are you so surprised? It's one that most people have a pretty good knowledge of. And it's one that sticks out most in history, doesn't mean any other kind of genocides and so forth are not as bad...

5. Lord Blaeric

Lord Blaeric New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You are absolutely wrong the Iranian government does in fact Deny that the holocaust went on as to no one caring about Muslims i doubt thats the case personally i feel that anyone who tries to say one instance of large sale murders is more evil than another are bad examples of a caring human being. One day the world will wake up a realize that your country, race and religion mean crap and then people will care more about human beings rather than concerning themselves with there own country or race.

6. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    No,that's not the case.Let me ask you something.

How much did the American governments do about Palestinians?Nothing.They favor the Israelis.But all of a sudden they support like crazy the Bosnian muslims and the Albanian muslims/atheists.Doesn't that make you wonder how come?

If you wanna talk about ethnic cleansing check out the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.If you want to know more about a story,look at the war against the Serbs in Yugoslavia and all the bombing they suffered and what the Chechens did to Christians in Russia.

7. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I know very well what the Israelis do to the palestinians.

Funny how 60 years later the Israelis are just like the people they hate most.

8. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    You mean track down and kill Palestinian terrorists who attack civilian rather than military targets?

I can guarentee you most of your perceptions about Israel are probably incorrect. I've spent countless times on other forums debunking stories about the Israeli's, most prominently the "Israeli's won't let the Palestinians have a nation." They've offered the Palestinians a nation several times, it's been the Palestinians who've turned it down.

Israel is a small nation. Only about 5 million Israelis live in Israel. They have been attacked countless times by Arabic nations, including only days after becoming a nation again. As of such they need to have a harsh response to Arabic aggression. Israel could not destroy another nation even if it tried. However Israel itself can be wiped out with very little effort if the Arab world tried to. if it weren't for the US and the U.N., they probably already would have.

In fact the recent civil war between Fatah and Hamas in Palestine should be an indicator to the aggression and violence of having Islamic Radicals run a nation.

9. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    has mao zedong come up yet?

10. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    first post I believe...?

Yeah, Mao wasn't good either.
    Generally said: I belive that "the white man" is the most evil man in history.
    What the white man did:
    -tortured and killed his own race for no reason
    - held other people as slaves
    -conquered Europe and destroyed the original nature /thank god we have some back by now :) )
    -made the biggest robbery in history (America, Native Americans etc)
    -destroyes the seas
    -digging his own grave.

:D but since that not the kind of person we're looking for, I think that there is no ultimate evil man, because it can always get worse.
    I'd say Bush, Cheney, Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Polt Pot, etc are all pretty close.

11. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

How do you define "white?"

American? British? Irish? Slavic? Russian? German? Nordic?

Arabs never practiced savery? (or pretty much any other race never practiced it for that matter?)

Robbed America? What about Central America, South America, the Philippines, the Caribbean, Canada... hell the list goes on.

Destroys the seas? (looks out window) Still there.

Digging own grave?

Cryptic, very cryptic. I think it's funny you'll include Bush and Cheney as far as EVIL men go. Most people think they are very misguided. very few actually regard them as evil.

12. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any of those as specifically Caucasian acts (except for the Europe one obviously). Perhaps in terms of scale but they were the only ones capable of such scale for much of history.
    Which seas have been destroyed?

You can apply your list to most countries, I'll just take some prime examples:

Homogenocide: Name me a country that hasn't had a civil war at some stage. I don't think this one needs an example. At least human sacrifice never caught on, unlike in other parts of the world.

Slavery: Ancient Egypt is among the most famous slaving cultures in history.

Continent Conquering: Genghis Kahn anyone? Japan did its best to wipe out China several times. The Rape of Nanjing included some of the worst war-crimes ever to go unpunished.

Land Theft: China at present claims both Tibet and Taiwan as parts of itself. Saddam Hussein tried to steal a decent chunk of the world's oil supply.

Oceanicide: China is doing its best to depopulate the seas around it through overfishing and pollution, Japan seems intent on wiping out tuna and whales.

Suicide: Every country has a hand in global pollution, China is rapidly becoming the worst. In terms of potential for species-eradicating violence I'd have to put Pakistan and a few Middle-Eastern nations near the top of the list.

Not saying 'The White Man is King!', far from it, just that he didn't have a monopoly on evil acts.

I can't believe anyone would put Bush and Cheney in the same league as the others there, that's vastly overstating their abilities and potential. ;)

Edit: Justice types faster than me :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  13. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    ...Has crusader been mentioned yet? :p
    lol or perhaps that sick RPG character of his at the Fellowship...

I believe the most evil man in history is not borne yet. And evil has not always been the same. What is considered slightly evil today was perhaps necessary to survive in the medieval world?
    The most evil man in history will be the one who has done most pointless damage, considered versus how much technology to do harm he had.
    A nuke is, naturally, far more easy to do significant damage with than a sword!

14. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I think that's the best definition we've had yet. I'd say 'has intentionally done' though.

15. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    intention is a huge factor I'd agree, as i'd been arguing earlier intetions mark the difference between evil and just wrong.

16. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Has Ernesto Guevarra already been mentioned?

17. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Nope, enlighten us.

18. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Ernesto Guevara de la Serna is a born Argentinian and latin-american revolutionary of the first hour. He, and Fidel Castro gained control over Cuba from the Batistas. In the process some people got killed. Torturing, fixed trials, executions, land stealing, nuclear weapons.... you know how these people work. About the Cuban Missile Crisis:

I think this is the only quote of readiness to wage unprovoked nuclear war in the Cold war era.

Anyway, others might know him as Ché Guevara.

And that is the danger; one's hero is the other's most evil man. There is no real telling who the most evil man in history is...

19. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Yet you walk the streets today and you see young people wearing T-shirts with his face on and saying that "He was the biggest revolutionary of all time,a real hero" and stuff like that.And if you try to tell them that their country has more and better heroes than him they call you "Fascist,racist,imperialist,nationalist" etc.Lol!:p

20. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I only see his picture, no slogans. to be honest I appreciated it as a socio-political satire. A communist revolutionary has now almost become a mainstream capitalist brand. Victory through irony.