The Male A'dam

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Demandred, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Demandred

Demandred Forsaken

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right so we know the seanchan have the male A'dam... and we're pretty sure that Semiraghe is gonna trap him somehow with it... so my question is

Who do we think will be the one/ones to save Rand this time?

personally id like to see Logain as it might make Rand trust him which could only be good as i agree with the "Rand needs a friend" kind of point.

There are lots of possible contenders..

of course Rand may not get captured, im sure Unraveller will have several theorys on this ;)

2. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Waaaay too many to list straight off. :p

It will most likely be a joint rescue, if he is rescued from Semi. She could hand him over to Elaida, or Mesaana could spirit him away before he is rescued. This ties in with Eggy's posible fate (see other thread).

Caddy, Logain, one of the girls (probably Min again) and Bashere are likely candidates.

Mat and Tuon are the most likely, if they get back to the Seanchan at the right time, Tuon would emerge from 'under (behind?) the veil' and take command of the Seanchan armies (or this will happen later on as a result of Rand's capture).

Perrin is about to enlist the help of thousands of Seanchan troops, a handy intro to their society.

Thom will return to a prominent position at some point in the next book, as opposed to the servant he has been recently, take his revenge for Owyn and rescue Moiraine. As Min saw, Rand will fail without Moiraine. This could mean many, many things, from his personal problems to escaping from Semi.

Many more but time for someone else to post some. It'll jog my memory too. :D

3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm doubting the theory that Rand will be captured again. I can't say it won't happen, but if it did I think that it would be a very cliche move. Heck we all expect it, we would all guess that he'll be rescued, no real cliff hanger there. If the A'dam does come into play I'd almost think it would be used on someone other than Rand, heck the way the Forsaken treat each other Sermi, might use it on one of her own.

4. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    O another thought on that. Let's assume that Taim is taking orders from one of the Forsaken. If he is indeed ousted from the Black tower by Rand / Logain / or whoever, it might be a fitting punishment for him to be a slave to the A'dam, eh?

5. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but I have a feeling he'll flee to the Blight and reappear as one or the new Dreadlords. There'll probably be a huge showdown between him and Logain, Egwene/Nynaeve or Rand at TG.

6. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've been wondering a bit about that as well. It seems that there are a lot of possible showdowns coming. What with all of the important baddies wandering around. Taim, Demandred, Semi, Cyndane, Mogheden, Morodin, Shadar Haran (or the DO if you prefer), and let's not rule out Sammael, I'm not convinced that guy is dead. Personally, I hope a few of them work out prior to TG, that way we don't end up in an awkward showdown situation. ;)

7. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Sammy's a tricky one. RJ said that he is toast. Mashadar got him. But that may not prevent recycling. Machin Shin eats souls but I can't recall any reference that Mashadar does. It just pulls people apart and stuff. It may have corrupted his soul though, in a Padan Fain kind of way. Shadar Logoth was born out of hate for the Shadow though, I think it may have done something particularly nasty to one of the Dark One's Chosen...

Semi will probably be dealt with in the next book. Taim will probably be run off and go back to Demmy (or Moridin). Demmy and Taim will reappear leading the Hordes of the Dark. Cyndane, Moggy and Moridin may all be dealt with at the same time, Balefire Moridin and the Mindtraps and they're history. I have a feeling the two women will die first, possibly being thrown away to let Moridin escape or betrayed somehow. Someone on the Darkside may switch sides at some point. I think Moridin will be killed by Rand at SG but Rand will be wounded. Then Shaidar Haran will appear and think Rand's dying and just has to be finished off. The DO will gloat through him for a bit while Rand's lying bleeding on the floor and Rand will just have the strength to complete the Sealing (or rather, Remaking). This will kill Shaidar Haran too as he is so closely linked to the DO. In fact, SH may be the link that allows Rand to do it.

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I hadn't considered the mindtrap aspect of it all. Cyndane would be the one I would suspect of turning from the Shadow, but that seems unlikely in her present situation. I wonder if RJ has said what the effect on those held by the mindtraps would be if Morodin was destroyed. . . . hmm.

The way I see it, there must be more tr****rs / Darkfriends about than we are aware of, the way it stands now I'm thinking that there is far more channeling power standing against the DO's minions than there is with them. I'd think it would be more balanced before it's said and done.

9. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Well considering that Moridin could destroy them utterly by crushing the mindtraps in his fist I don't think their chances would be very good...

Don't forget, most of the BT is loyal to Taim, many of them have never even seen Rand. Some will follow Logain but Taim'll probably take all the full Asha'man (except Logain) and a large number of the Dedicated. Probably up to 90%. Then we have the 10% of Aes Sedai as BA, 100 women. Plus whatever sul'dam, Windfinders etc the DO can call up. And we still don't know what's going on in Shara...

10. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I was anticipating more of the Black Tower remaining loyal to the Dragon. But perhaps I am wrong.

11. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Probably numerically it'll be more even but in terms of strength/skill Taim's going to take the vast majority with him.

12. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I remember reading an interview with RJ that Shara will have nothing to do with the WoT series, so they probably wont even come into play. Then again, RJ also said WoT would be a trilogy...

13. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I think he said we will never see Shara, although I could be wrong. I just included them because they are another body of channellers.

14. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the forsaken you are forgetting why Moggy did not take it in Tanchrio, The man will eventually take control of it. I believe that Rand will take control, just as Perrin is rescuing him. This is not expected, and it fulfills Mins viewing.

15. Demandred

Demandred Forsaken

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    what viewing was that sorry?

16. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when perrin showed up in camlyn, LoC "Twice he's going to have to be there, or you (Rand).If he's not, something bad will happen to you.Very bad"

17. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The first was Dumai's Wells, the second hasn't occured yet (as far as we know). The trouble with Viewings is that they are so oblique, it could have happened but we didn't notice because Perrin was with him. However, it's likely that it will happen during Rand's upcoming capture by/confrontation with Semi.

The fact that the man can gain control is fairly moot. Semi has access to hundreds of Sul'dam, she can rotate them twice a day if she wants.

18. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been thinking about that (two women on the a'dam) Moggy said that the women would fight for control, and I think the best way to avoid that is to connect the two women with another adom.
    As for rotating the only reason givin for doing that was to reduce the effects of the taint.

19. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The mind boggles trying to think of the feedback repercussions of introducing another a'dam into the 3-way a'dam situation, especially with the man gaining control. Most likely it'd kill them all.

Moggy's problem was that she was considering using it herself (who could she trust to use the other bracelet) or gtting her BA to use it (and she doesn't trust any of them as far as she can throw them, without using the Power that is...). Semi has plenty of loyal Sul'dam who would never think of going against a Truthspeaker's wishes.

You've made a small mistake in your understanding of the situation, the reason for rotating is that the women will end up fighting for control with the man, not each other. If you change the Sul'dam then he won't be able to gain control.