The Last Page

Discussion in 'Original Works' started by Black Tattoo, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Well, my dear readers, today's the day! HUZZAH! Come! Join me in an eclectic dance of celebratory joy! Otherwise known as the polka! Break out the wine! Break out the champagne! Hell, mix them together and break out the cold duck! It's time to celebrate! The day we've all been waiting for is finally here! "The Seers' War Part One - The Weaving of the Web" is now available! HUZZAH, AGAIN!
    Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I thought it'd be fun to share the very last page of "The Weaving of the Web". For those who are sticklers about "spoilers", rest assured there are no spoilers in the following so please, enjoy! :D

“Terrwyn, look at me.”
    After a moment, she shifted her gaze to meet his with some difficulty.
    “You did the right thing. The Unseelie Court aren’t known for their mercy with the races of the Material Realm. But you need to get going. Outside of the Black Wood, the Unseelie Court’s power is considerably weaker.”
    Terrwyn glanced down at his bleeding arm. “You’re hurt.”
    “I’ll be fine. You’ve already saved my life…don’t spoil it by losing yours. You know where you’re going?”
    “House Haul.”
    “And your Defender knows.”
    Terrwyn nodded as she slid her sword back into its sheath and took the reins up in her shaking hands. “Will you be alright…?”
    Jayvyn nodded. “Go. Before the rest of that lot decide they really can take us on…and win.”
    Reluctantly turning her mount around, she headed for the foggy barrier with the Sable Lion trotting alongside.
    “Lady Terrwyn!”
    Stopping, she looked back. Jayvyn was standing in the clearing, his horse behind him as he stared after her.
    “You said you never wanted to be a royal seer…what did you want to be?”
    “A warrior.”
    The sorcerer nodded his approval with a grin. “A swordborn like you…you’d have made a good one.”
    Smiling, Terrwyn turned back to her journey with some reluctance. Every step her horse took into the fog made a part of her drag its feet until finally she couldn’t take it any more. She had to tell him.
    Wheeling her horse around, she raced it back up to Jayvyn.
    “I know you don’t want to hear this and I know you don’t want to know but…it will come to an end. True love will find you. She’ll see past the mixed bloodlines. I’ve foreseen it. A Jackdaw will set the Silver Rook free…if you give her the chance.”
    Having blurted everything out, Terrwyn yanked on the reins and charged her horse out of the clearing and into the fog barrier leaving Jayvyn staring dumbstruck after her.

How does "The Seers' War" end? Well, you'll have to wait for "Part Two The Spider and the Fly" in December ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. grumpycroc

grumpycroc Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Don't think because I took so long to reply that I don't care. Life got in the way, but I will still be enjoying that cold duck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    Excellent, lively writing... I enjoyed that excerpt very much.

4. CheshireGrin

CheshireGrin Active Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -0
    First off, congratulations on the release of your book! That's amazing. :) Secondly, I love the teaser you shared above. Wonderfully written, and it left me wanting to read more.

5. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    I know how life can be. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and post and enjoy that cold duck! :D

Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Many thanks for the congrats! And thank you for the high compliments. I'm always happy to hear I've left a reader wanting more. That means I've done something right :cool:

• Like Like x 1