The Kung Fu Kult

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by I. R. Shogun, Apr 19, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Join, learn, fight!

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    eh eh?

I'll join ja!

3. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Whats it all about? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind. I went and checked out the guild. No thanks, it's not my thing. :p

4. Dead Dutchman

Dead Dutchman Regressive

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to sign up

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Feel free, we don't discriminate, anyone with a martial arts minterest is welcome

6. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ??? what's the use of joining a guild?? ::

srry for asking.. but I'm quite new to such forums.

but I'm a martial artists... I do.. judo and Jiu-Jitsu (and fitness... :) but that's not a martial arts ;))

7. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well, you can share ideas about technique and work out regime's aswell as how to further enhance various aspects of your fighting style or body part.

Wouldn't you say so I.R.?

8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    That was the original idea of the guild yes. And for discussion of MA media.

9. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok.. but guys..
    what for sport do you do??
    and for how long already?
    and how old are you?

Judo / Fitness / Jiu-Jisu
    5 years ago I started judo

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I did judo formally for about two months and it really wasn't my thing. It's nice and everything, but I hate throws and would prefer a fully ground based coarse, unfortunately there aren't any Brazilian Jiu Jutsu classes around here. I would go for TKD but most of the places in my area are crock dojos. I know this because I've sparred with blackbelts from just about all of them and pretty easily controlled the match. So instead I work on gathering info on various styles from every source I can get my hands on. Be it videos, books, or any other means I come across. I'm 17 and I've been working on MA though multiple means for about three years. Outside of ma I work on free running and tricking pretty regularly. I do various anaerobic workouts and despite the free running work I do I still need to improve my cardio exercises to get my wind up.

11. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok :)...
    well I think judo is pretty valuable because you learn how to win a fight in close combae..
    and I started jiu jitsu lateron to win the fight if the distance would be too long for judo too handle.. if ya needed too kick .. punch etc. :p
    and fitness.. just for being more healthy .. have more power and looking good :draught: :)

but... you don't do any fighting sport at all :|...

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I still spar with various people from time to time but it's not an extremely common thing for me to do. Either way you could say that I do combat sports, but I don't do them "officially."

13. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    srry dude but if you don't do a sport anymore... just spar a bit sometimes
    and.. say ya only did judo for 2 / 3 months... visit some dojo's.. and just defeated black belst from various sports with ease... I think you've just got big talks...
    and nothing threre (it could be that I'm wrong... in that case.. my deepest appologies..).. but I mean.. what I hear from you is that you're just a punk without any fighting skills / experience.. and say.. wel I defeated them with ease... ... I think that you're a bit exagerating... ;)

??

eager to hear your reply ;)

Greatings... MA practiser ;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It's reasonable to assume that, but when you consider I live in mid-west America, and the quality dojo's they have here it becomes more clear. However, this is the internet so think what you will. Also, as far as the majority of my learning, from books and various videos, if you think that doesn't work then take a look at Evan Tanner, who, before he got really old, was one of the best the UFC had to offer. He learned just about everything he knows from video.

As for skills and experience, I've seen a lot of the more formal styles in heavy competition, I'm talking the cream of the crop in their styles (Note, these guys didn't come from anywhere near my area) get torn apart by people who just trained heavily for power (Cough Bob Sapp) because they couldn't utilize the bad assness of their style when the other person wasn't doing what they wanted them to do and they failed to adapt. At the end of the day it's not the color of your belt or how long you've been practicing that ancient style that matters as far as being able to put someone down, it's all a matter of the person.(If that sounded like I was attacking you I apologize, that was not my intent.)

If you're looking for a forum populated mostly by martial artists who stick heavily with formalized training pm me and I'll send you a link for one I know.

One more thing, be careful who you call a punk, I don't mind, but you never know what could start a flame war. ;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  15. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    'k..
    from punk (.... flame war :p... lol) no it was my intention to do so
    and well... I think that in most of the cases martial arts training is better than muscles...
    look at bob sapp.. he gets beaten up by little mens... because of their training
    well.. and I'm from the Netherlands.. if ya wanna know :p... and in my area the dojo where I train is VERY good:p... I'm not (uhmmm exagerating) I mean my judotrainer was talentrainer .. etc. :p :)... and my Jiu-Jitsu trainer is also very good :p (it seems if I'm bragging but I'm not) I mean.. he's got 3nd dan jiu jitsu.. 3de judo... blue karate (kiokeschenkai) .... and my judo trainer 4nd dan judo :p...

but your right.. you should have the right mentality to win a fight... :)... it ain't all about fighting skills

you know a bit of k1??... well the dutch are pretty good at it.. Ernesto Hoost... Peter aers.. etc. etc. but also Sem shilt... ?? well he had also no fighting skills.. but he just tried k1.. and he won... know he's worldchampion... (he's got more fighting skills now) but.. still not much.. he's just got the right mentality.... and the right body.. 2.12 m !!! and very very Muscled !!!... (look for Sem schilt on the internet.. and you''ll see)

but.. it's pretty ****ed up for you... no good dojo's :p.. well... I think that you can learn a bit from video's... but the most important thing is to really DO the technique.. Watch --->>> Learn --->> DO --->> Learn. --->> Control :)

but. yeah.. I'd appreciate a link to reall.. fighting shit... :)... but.. you know heavy formalized shit.. ain't that good either... it also has to be usefull.. effective and fast.. I mean.. if ya look at kung-fu.. most of the things are just show... formalized.. means usually "show-fighting".. and that's not what I'm looking for :p... I'm looking for efficient fighting........ but even if it is formalized... I'd still appreciate the link :p

thanks in advance

Greetings The dutch person :p

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I sent you one link, I'll try to find another one, there's a good forum I know of that's all straight forward no-nonsense type stuff. Bullshido I think. And yeah, Schilt is a very big man. I'm glad to hear you've got a good set of trainers, as much as you can learn from other sources(and I hate to admit this) nothing can beat a good coach when it comes to training. But yeah, like I said, I've sent you one link, I'll try to round up the other one for ya. I also totally agree with you about kung fu, it's usually not practical, despite the fist full of exceptions. Still, it's really pretty... I just gave the guild that name because of a movie title I saw that sounded interesting.

Peace bradda,

Shogun.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  17. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    i did judo for five years...

i won an all-ireland gold medal in my weight catagory... but then again we did have the best judo master in the country...

18. Jorrit

Jorrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and you where how old?

19. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    well i started when i was 7 and i won in the 1998 (under-16 boys catagory) weight 30kg...

thats what it says on the medal... in 1998 i would have been, 9 or 10...

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Well, if you wish to join the guild then feel free to start posting in there, this is a thread for mostly recruitment after all. I kind of regret not sticking with judo, or at least not going into something like, wrestling when I quit, if we would have done more on the ground I probably would have stuck with it. My ground game is pretty limited, but hopefully I'll have a regular partner lined up soon and we can roll more regularly.