The Kingkiller Chronicles

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Halsyon of Cyrodiil, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Halsyon of Cyrodiil

Halsyon of Cyrodiil Master of The Realms

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This series is by Patrick Rothfuss, and it details the life and trials of Kvothe, who is one of the most insanely kickass characters that I have ever read about. So far, only the first book is published (The Name of The Wind). I was wondering how many, if any, of you have read this and what your thoughts and opinions may be. Also, if you have read this book, what are your thoughts on Bast. I mean, why is Kvothe teaching him? What is he teaching? And also, I would love to see user depictions of Folly, Kvothe's sword. I will update the info in this thread according to the interest shown, no worries all.

2. FantasyWhatElse?

FantasyWhatElse? New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very good book !

3. Phoenixvenus

Phoenixvenus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm reading the book now! about 400 pages in. it is such a good read. very realistic with all the struggles kvothe goes through but with enough kick ass moments to make you cheer. :)

i think theres more to bast than we are finding out at this point. i was hoping more would be revealed about his character by the end of the book but maybe it will be the second book…

~somewhat of a spolier ahead~

during one of the interludes, bast subtly mentions being scared of iron and fire(hot coals he says) Bast is also the ONLY student kvothe ever had. and that fight he had with the chancellor....the description of it is so suspect. bast is somehow linked to the chandrain… I think he is the key and also the reason why the spiders were appearing (cant remember the name of them.. Something with an a?). I haven’t pieced it together quite yet but im sure he’s going to have an important part if kvothe is to find/avenge the chandrain.. maybe i'll have more ideas when im finished and can go back and reread some of the clues.. what do you think?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    One of the most overated books in recent fantasy. There is a big deal of promise for the series, but the first installment fell very short. It's preposterous how people compare it with TLotR and ASoIaF and other vastly superior books and series. It may become a great series, but it still needs to earn that position.

Search tags for this page
forum king killer series
kingkiller chronicle forum
kingkiller chronicle forums

kingkiller chronicles forum

kingkiller chronicles forums
the king killer chronicles discussion forum
the kingkiller chronicle forum