The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "Ray is a lone wolf, but the time will come when he will need the solidarity and companionship of the pack. He will return, I have no doubt about it. Someday, he will need to face fear and to understand it, in order to master it. When that time comes, he will be back. Wisdom cannot be taught, and by learning alone, by himself, he will learn more than we could ever teach."

2. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Indeed he is, and now we must let him decide about the true identity of himself. The problem is, Ray himself does not know this, and it is his life's quest to find it. He seeks solitude with familiar faces, hence his time amongst us, but now he finds the need for answers and meaning cannot be postponed longer, 'lest his doubts destroy him completely. And so he travels from place to place, becoming one with its inhabitants, never knowing, never showing signs that could indicate the pain found within. A poor, tortured soul he is, but time is all we can give him now.

3. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Through the darkness of his nightmare troubled mind, bloued senses his kin calling him back from the abyss of eternal despair.
    Slowly opening his eyes, and seeing the pack standing around concerned for him, gives him heart and he stands up with renewed energy.
    “Wise Mauthair, and fellow pack members. Sorry for letting the weight of despair and tiredness overcome me, I shall continue with my story.
    I continued down the road, through the pillaged towns and rotting corpses, noting that nothing seemed to have been taken. It was as if whoever had destroyed these villages, was bent on a war of extermination rather than conquest. As I continued the land grew rockier, but seemed to have more vegetation. I began to feel that someone or something was watching me. This nagging suspicion grew, but alas I could not see any movement nearby. I for some reason glanced sky ward, and lo and behold, there was a black, winged creature high up towards the sun. There seemed to be something on its back, moving, but as the sun was in my eyes it was hard to tell. Then suddenly it swooped down towards me. I headed for the cover of the rocks, near the roadside. I felt a great weight on my back, and my legs collapsed. I realized I was caught under some form of net. The black winged creature landed nearby, and I saw firsthand my captor. He was covered from head to toe with a wrapped around one piece cape, and over his eyes he had some kind of covering, but his eyes were still visible. Strange words came from his mouth, and not understanding I replied in wolvish. The creature seemed taken aback and let out a gasp. He took off his eye coverings and cape, and bowed to one knee. The creature was akin to a goblin, but of darker skin and fiercer eyes and nature. He looked up and said to me in broken heavily accented wolvish.
    “It is true!....you are of the south pack! The tales of our forefathers are true. Do you have a name? My name is Dreyri-hyrr-fjorlag of the clan blakkrmhamarr, but most call me Drey .”
    I replied that I was indeed a southron wolf, called bloued of the Great Mauthairs pack. Drey was very interested in this, and almost estatic when I mentioned that we had goblins in our midst and other wonderous creatures. He exclaimed, “Oh the lost ones, a tale I thought not to be true, how wonderous is this news. We must meet your pack. There is much to discuss. Come I will guide you back to the gate, and you must return and bring through the others, while I wait for you.” He glanced around, as if something else were nearby and said “Come, we must go, it is not safe here. The enemy is close at hand”. I asked Drey who the enemy was but he said all would be revealed once our clan had met with his.”
    Bloued looked at his fellow pack members and shrugged his shoulders and said,
    “That was basically all that happened, I know it seems as if little was revealed. I do not even know if the goblins of the other realm are to be trusted! But until we can ascertain what is happening in their land, we are but blind to who seeks to bring harm to our alliance, and clouded is the future for us,”
    Bloued sits back on his haunches and waits for counsel to begin.

4. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "Bloued, once again you have proved your usefulness to this pack through your courage. You must not apologise for resting, for you earn that right more than most creatures.

Now, from the actions you have spoken of this goblin, Drey, it would appear to me that he knows the old ways, otherwise his response to you after you talked to him in wolfish tongue would not have been so courteous. With wolves always trust has been an issue, but for the sake of those whose blood has been spilled, we owe it to them to make their world safe again. Also, I cannot see how goblins would embark in such reckless killing...the goblins that came to us in the ancient days came for the same reason that our ancestors did- privacy and solitude from man, and safe ground where wolf and goblin could work together in life and trade. For the Great Pack of the past too, this cave would have been something of great magnitude to look upon, and they knew how they must treat this place- how it must always be treated. Goblins aquire the trinkets and artifacts they carry through proud quests and much travelling and exchanging, not slaughter, and not of a whole village- which would offer few results if it was all for pillage. No, it seems to me this is the work of creatures without heart or concience, that kill for the basic pleasures of wiping out lesser mortals. Shameful, shameful indeed.

Therfore I conclude this with what action we must take: I must meet with this clan leader of Goblins, for I must speak to him myself, and not hear back from others carrying messages. Not that I don't value such wolves, but when it comes to negotiations about what is to be done, especially aginst creatures of such reckless hate, that destroy with such vulgarity, it is all a matter of importance that discussion between one leader and another is inevitable. I will only cross to this place with wolves that ask and I deem worthy for such a journey, for I would not force this upon anyone. Bloued, I would have you come if you wished to do so, though it will be understood of you decline, owing to how the last visit has left you.

This voyage of trust must be undertaken, for even if it proves false, wolves must know that we have tried, and done the best The Grey Alliance can do. I am an ageing creature, but not new to war and battle. I know the risks, but I must undergo them, as wolves must".

5. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I would follow you if you allowed me to Wolf. Maybe my gifts may be useful in such a situation, though it is your decision and choice.

6. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair is honoured by this request, Roland- though it is his decision, not mine. I think he would find your skills as a Foresceawain Wearg most useful through the gate in helping to stay one step ahead of whatever is out there, and he thanks you for your courage. But he does also ask you to consider what unknown the gate could hold. Are you most certain that you wish to still accompany him?

7. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Wolf, though many may think that I need to rest, I am willing to journey back through the gate to whatever fate lies in wait for us. The need for resolution to the mysteries of the other realm, outweighs any personal exhaustion I have. But I will go only if Mauthair and the rest of the pack believe that I am fit enough to travel.

8. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "At first I was not sure, Bloued, for as you have proved, this journey is full of danger and things unknown which could strike out at any moment. But it is startling how you have coped with all of this, and still come back to us to tell us of what lies beyond. I believe you have enough strength in you to accompany us again, and I would trust that you could help us greatly once we are there, but I will only allow this if you too, are sure. Are you?"

9. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Despite the dangers I still wish to come.

10. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "Well decided, Roland. Now we must rally some others, and make ready to depart".

11. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I too wish to accompany the pack. For I have sworn to protect and with your permission I shall fulfill this oath, Mauthair.

12. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "I, too, offer my services in these vital negotiations. They may be dangerous, but the very necessity of such negotiations show that any danger will not be in vain. I am willing to join you. Mauthair."

13. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "Houldarian and Lyanna, as long as you are certain, you too may journey with us. It pleases me that we have so many noble creatures willing to jump into the unknown for the help of others and the greater good of the pack. My thanks go out to you all".

14. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Wise Mauthair, and packmates, though weary I may well appear, strong is my heart and mind. I am ready to go with my brethren to seek out the answers to questions yet unknown, If you will have me on this most perilous of quests."

15. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "I have no second thoughts, Mauthair. I will come."

16. watermaid

watermaid water dragon rider

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    *as i have been updated by wolf and others of current situations i came to the cave to offer my and my dragons abilities. you must remember that i have 5 dragon friends all together; water, wind, earth, fire, and spirit. as there is evil in this place spirit might prove useful as he can sence and talk to all creatures both good and evil. i know i am not wolf creature but still hope that i am welcome to help on this most harrowing mission.

17. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "I must say, I did not initially consider dragons right for this quest, due only to the fact that once we have crossed the gate portal into the other world, we would need the element of cover to avoid sight by anything with the intent to harm or kill. As dragons go, they are less easy to conceal, so I had my doubts. But now I have thought about it, you and one dragon may prove useful, for we do not yet know what foes we have to face. But do not forget, wolves too can talk to all creatures, except humans, of whose tongue we are still learning. And sense to wolves comes naturally. Still, I ask you bring the dragon of spirit if you wish to join us, and we will see what benefits it will have to the Alliance and the journey.

Make ready to depart, all those that will- soon we cross the border into lands unheard of".

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  18. watermaid

watermaid water dragon rider

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    *thank u for the oportunity to help the spirit dragon and i will be ready whenever u want. he is only my compainion, Aqua is my ride/familiar. but i talked to him and Spirit says he will be willing to help out however he can. i know that one of the powers of any spirit dragon is to be able to share a spirit with anyone who has a strong enough one. so if you bring a priest or other such he will be able to share the spirit with this person and thus become invisiable. im not exactly sure how this works but i am sure your spiritual leader will be able to talk to him about it. We go under your comand*

19. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Well my pack brothers and sisters, it is time to enter the accursed gate again to see what the future holds for us."

turns slowly with a growing sense of dread in his stomach, and slowly heads to the cave entrance.

20. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "Your bravery in entering this place of your torment again knows no bounds, Bloued. But this time we will be united, and you will not be alone."

I follow Bloued to the cave entrance.