The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    it is a good time for the alliance:)
    "well, i am now finished reading the Drouhtou. i feel wiser already:)"

2. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "I am glad. Now you understand wolves with the words of the ancients- the most important wolves of their time. We howl in their honour".

3. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    "i am honoured"

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    sooo what do I have to do to help as I have nothing better to do right now? I mean...you know I always liked just a little adventure.

5. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Well, what do you see your role as being in the Alliance? Maybe we could start something from there.

6. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I will help with what needs to be done...So that would beeee?

7. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    What I meant was what sort of purpose do you want to have in the Alliance, for example one of the definitions below:

A leader of a pack division, that being a small number of wolves (Wearg Weretouga).

A hero wolf, known for bravery, courage, strength or intelligence (Wearg Hearlanga).

A lone wolf, who meets for gatherings but remains greatly in the wild (Undourlif Wearg).

A wolf who is a pack member (Heoulour Wearg).

A forseeing wolf, who can read the future (Foresceawain Wearg).

Alternatively, a grasp of your skills would allow me to create a personal definition for you.

But in the meantime, you could take your time to scout the plains, as many an Alliance member is doing, as of late we have heard from lewy that there is a possible threat of danger. I myself promised to investigate Norvegr, which I will proceed to do now.

8. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Undourlif Wearg it is

9. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    If that be your decision, then I am happy for you. Know this, however- you will always be welcome among the Great Pack, whenever you choose to meet with it's wolves, and however long you wander we will always welcome any return, for however much time it may be.

10. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued entered the great cave, and at once felt the tiredness and fears that had cloaked his thoughts fall away. He was home, safe, amongst friends.
    He trod slowly up to the main hall, where he saw the great Mauthair, and most of the pack waiting. He loped up and sat down on his haunches.
    “Mauthair, gladdened is my heart, to be amongst the pack again. But I fear I may well be the bearer of grim tiding’s.
    As you all well know, I entered the Gate of Norvegr, perhaps in hindsight a little too hastily and ill prepared. But I had the chance to see the mysterious other realm and scout a bit.
    When I first entered, I came out in a clearing in an old forest. This wood was unlike any in our land, it was silent and I sensed little if any life around. The trees were twisted and gnarled, as if every minute of their life was agony, and their leaves rustled with despair and hopelessness. I ventured down a path from the gate, eager to leave the woe and foreboding of the woods. I should have realized this grim feeling was a sign of what was ahead. I came out of the woods into a barren, blasted land devoid of vegetation and life. It was as if the very ground had been raped of its fertility. An ancient road headed north, and so I did as well. The land became hillier, with the odd sparse bit of growth, and the road became wider and well repaired further along. I began to pass through deserted villages showing the signs of war and death. Each village I passed had either gallows, stakes, or crosses erected to show how the townsfolk had met their gods. The remains of these poor folk more than oft still clung to the instruments of their death, their last agonizing minutes etched deep in their flesh, where it remained. Men, women and the young had all been put to the most cruel of tortuous deaths, it is a sight I will not likely ever forget!”
    Bloued looks down, and hides the tears welling in his eyes, then overcome with the evilness of man, he collapses into unconciousness.

11. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    *rush over too Bloued side*

"It is all right, he is but sleeping. I fear that there is more to be said when he wakes."

*I move to lie next to my pack mate hoping that even in his slumber the nearness of another might give his tortured mind comfort*

12. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "Bloued, you are every credit to your role of Wearg Healanga, and each of us commends your strength and courage through these matters, dispite your somewhat rushed actions. You have seen what a wolf dares not view- death. Death, even of mankind, who wolf has for many ages feared and suffered at the hands of, but some of whom remain innnocent, and we should give them credit for that, as wolves these days seldom do.

Though, these who you have seen have come to their deaths in ways most horrific, which bear thoughts so brutal that it would take the heart of any creature, except those as commited these atrocities. I fear what could produce so much malice and hate, and what could openly slay village folk without word of warning, including it's women and children, who in wars between man and man are supposedly prevented from harm. As it has murdered all, I would say this is no common man versus man conflict, and anything that can murder children of all creatures is something or someone that has no shame or sense of empathy whatsoever. Whatever this is, it's soul is savagery and it's mind is barbarically evil.

Rest yourself now, goos wolf, for these sights are not swiftly forgotten. You do well comforting him, Houldarian, well done. I hope his dreams do not recount these nightmares".

13. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *Ray stands at the entrance in his human form*

"What is this about nightmares? I'll tell you how to cure nightmares. You must not care for anyone."

*he laughed and a chill entered the cave*

"You must be able to be unafraid of anything....death,others,yourself, and even being all alone."

14. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair turns to the human, alerted, but realises the soul of a wolf within.

Mauthair- "Wolves have to care, Beourthidygan- it is our duty as being amongst the world's creatures and ourselves. By caring we show our solidarity as a pack, and our stength through courage and nobility. If we did not, our loyalty would fall apart, and nightmares would turn into reality, taking hold of us from the inside and fragmenting souls. Though we try to prevent fearing anything, it is not dishonouable to be scared at times, as even the bravest wolves know. When we are scared, we are aiding our knowledge of what is out there, and even though we are afraid, it gives the chance for courage to show itself and calm inner turmoil. And if we never feared anything, we would fool ourselves that the world is right and we are dominant, which as wolves would be foolish to think, for no creature is above another- we are equal. So you see, fear is part of us, and we must learn from its teachings".

15. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    "Hahahaha then some of my pieces are missing. I have no feelings but loyalty and courage are not feelings...they are acts caused by feelings. I've taken the extra step that many fear to take."

*he turns and starts to leave then stops*

"Remember Bloued remember what is was like before you became a wolf and you can take this step out of darkness and nightmares."

*the wind whips as Ray fades from the entrance and back into the wild*

16. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Wolf follows Ray, for she needs understanding*

Ray, you confuse me. You are of two bodies, but what of the wolf? Are you so unsure of yourself amongst The Grey Alliance that your soul turns to other paths? Speak swiftly, for you cannot fight your feelings forever, even of you say you have none.

17. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Ray shoots one watery eye at Wolf and looks away.

Ray-"I didn't belong anywhere...I'm changing constantly but I found my place...with no feeling,no fear and able to take on anything mentaly. That place is by myself while helping others...how you may ask...I don't know the answer to that myself,"

He didn't move an inch,no shaking or crying but Wolf thought she saw a tear stream on his face right before the moon was covered. Then it was dark outside...pitch black. When the moon came back out Ray was gone

18. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    He dissapears...the lonely creature that loves and hates solitude...

Wolf says nothing, but knows Ray needs time to be alone, and so moves to the ledge outside the cave entrance. There, she looks out over the darkness and faint shadows of trees, and howls a long note wolves far away would struggle to hear, but one which carries through the wind like an ancient shadow, touching souls. She hangs her head solemly, and rests upon the grey stone.

19. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    As I lie next to my pack mate I feel the cold chill in my heart. I know the place where Ray resides. I lived there for a different reason, but the location was the same, the cold, dark emptiness that streches out around you, yet manages to strangle you, too press each breath out of your lungs leaving you dispairing of drawing another.

The chill turns into a shiver that raises the fur along my back. I calm myself before I disturb Bloued's rest. My heart sending out a call to Ray that he too may find release from the lonely prison that holds not his person, but his soul.

20. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I stand beside Wolf in an effort to show solidarity and friendship.

'Wolf, I'm sure he will find the true passage. He will see what lays before him and he will return. May we be there when he does so'

I pause to look at Bloued's resting form

'I hope what he has seen in that foul place will pass. The darkness he describes reminds me of my dreams, though I feel they have forms, solid forms, that can be seen and touched. May the rest of retelling not be soo bleak, though I fear that is a flimsy hope'