The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    There is sign of much disruption around the Goblins' ancestral home, I fear. As I approached under cover of darkness I smelled the unmistakable scent of mankind. Knowing that men have dull senses compared to us, I ventured closer until I could hear these man talking in their uncouth tongue. There were not many of them, perhaps three or four, yet I fear what mischief they could be planning in the home of our allies. Those I saw were not groomed and had a rank scent unusual even to men, and they were talking with great excitement. They carried a roll of paper I could not see clearly. Mens' reasons for their actions are alien and incomprehensible to me, yet I worry they plan to steal the Goblins' recently recovered precious treasure. It is the only solution I can find to explain the presence of mankind so far from the towns and cities in which they live. If so, we must find a way to thwart them for we cannot allow these men to take this treasure of unaccountable worth from our allies.

2. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    this is bad news, someone should warn us thats out hunting, so we can have a "council meeting".

3. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    *comes going in.*
    "what?? humans here????? what shall we do??"

4. kleko

kleko Scum of the earth

They are watching me. I know it. They are everywhe
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    comes slowly walking in to the great cave. "i have heard of a showing of a great book and i have traveled here to see this great book. if i can be of any servise i will gladly aid you my lord" *bows down and goes to a croner were i put down my few possisions*

5. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "You speak of the Drouhtou, a text we wolves keep in our posession deep below these caverns, and one which lists the laws, codes, and ancient text of all wolves from a time long ago. I will take you to see it, if you so wish, though it has been shown once already".

6. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    i could also need a look, as i knows only limited of wolfish history

7. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "Very well then, follow me..."

*Mauthair leads lewy to the back of the cave, where, hidden from view, there is a tunnel that leads deep into the darkness. In the blink of an eye, lights upon the cave walls light into small streams of fire, that keep to crevaces and do not grow to larger flame. Walking down into these tunnels, there are many which stay shadowed, and only the faint howls and crys of wolves stir within them, though no other creature remains, and it can only be assumed that these sounds are of animals which have long since been and gone- but never to be forgotten. The pair turn into a room that is initially as dark as the others, but as soon as Mauthair enters, a series of the continual lights stream into flame, spiralling to the cave ceiling that is many miles above. In the centre of the room, a plinth stands, lit also, and solitary, upon it's face an ancient book lies open and shining with a glow unknown of source. The text upon it is written in wolfish, and this is the Drouhtou, containing all things of wolves and of the Great Pack.*

"Read this if you can, lewy, and I will observe".

8. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *stands outside entrance as wind howls*

I am so very tired *lays at the corner of the entrance and dozes off*

9. kleko

kleko Scum of the earth

They are watching me. I know it. They are everywhe
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    "thank you great Mauthair i have observed this book now and it is true as they say! this book really is magnifsant!

10. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Guarding wolves warn pack and Mauthair of a presence that would not usually be welcome*

What shall we do with him? He is our enemy, and yet he comes to us in a time of need...he must be tired and cold...Mauthair?

Mauthair- "Bring him inside. Let him sleep on the mossy ground in warmth and comfort. Maybe he will show thanks when he wakes, or maybe not, but we cannot refuse to help him when he comes to us in such unusual circumstances. Though keep an eye on him, for we know what has happened before. I only hope he won't resent us for it".

*Wolf keeps an eye watchful, but then goes to rest and howl at the entrance of the cave, regarding her position in the pack*.

Poor thing.

11. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    *opens the book, to read about times and storys from long ago.
    this book prooves difficoult to read, but when i consentrate, i can understand most of it.*
    *keeps reding, and only looks up when heares about ray*

12. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *awakens and stares at Wolf*

"I have nothing left or have I already said that? I am no longer king of my wolves because of the craving hunger to control more.I have one objective left and that is to survive...You how do you do it? You talk with Mauthair and lead this great pack and still have not gone mad with power?"

*sits up*

"never have I seen more respect in a guild.What can I do for you Wolf?"

13. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I do not go mad with power because I have no desire for it...all I want to do is let the pack survive, like you do with yourself, so it could be the simple will to carry on that keeps me going. When I look around me and see my brethren and kindred at peace, that is all the comfort that I need. And we wolves are here to maintain balance with ourselves, not to mention the rest of our world, so as long as we have these simple, but requiring duties, then we can keep our minds focused. The world will always need us, and we will always need it...that's the way it goes.

What can you do for me, you ask? It would be dishonest of me to give an answer. You had a will to survive, and power clouded your thoughts...but now that the smoke has shifted, and you have seen the extend of what this madness can do, you seek what survival itself needs- company and a kind heart. You are not indebted to me, Ray, and you never will be. All I need say to you is that you are now welcome amongst us, for we have finally seen who you truly are. The Great Pack and the Grey Alliance all welcome you, wolf-brother.

14. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    welcome, ally!

15. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *smiles* I will assist you in this..um..man problem

16. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    we will need every.. eh, wolf, we can have:)

17. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    We tend not to think that way, lewy. Speak of us as wolves, not as recruits. Besides, we will never be the only wolves or alliance guild in the world.

18. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    well, i did not mean it that way, wolf, i ment it like i am glad to get new allies and friends...:(
    and it may be many mens out there, so the more the merrier:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  19. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    *Pads quietly into cave*

Its good to see you all again. Recently I have been plagued by cryptic visions that have kept me at bay. Can someone fill in the details to what has been happening?

20. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I hope these visions have not given you disturbance, Roland. Recently we have heard of threat from creatures beyond our knowledge, and so I futher hope that these things are unrelated. This threat we continue to investigate. Apart from this, we have encountered new members of the Alliance, such as lewy, and Mauthair has shown him the Drouhtou, our sacred book of the pack. Currently though, Ray has come to us in a time of need, and we are finally breaking the boundaries between us that there once were.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007