The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    "This is Old Tongue, a goblin language too intertwined with wolf for me to understand fully, but I can make out what we goblins call the great Exodus, when many of the tribes left the forests of this realm. Allthough there are many variantions on this story, most goblins beleive we left after a dispute between the goblin and wolf leaders. What is interesting here is that it appears our king, the tenth decendent of s'clarag, led his kin from this land unwillingly, in fact it looks as if his brutes rounded up the tribes and left allmost overnight. What happens next though I need no text to share. We traveled to the northern mountains and were scattered at the Battle of the Red River, and after that our tale is one of sorrow."

I stare at the text and try to decifer a small scrawling at the bottom.

"Ftanitorn........thats prophecy...This writing on the bottom predicts that tribes of goblins will make there way back to thier homeland one day, in a time of darkness....I am thinking I am the first, how long before darkness decends on this land I know not, but it would appear this text is very vaulable indeed. Sadly I can only decifer what is relevent to goblins, for it has traces of Scauwntish, a northern dialect I am vaugly familier with. Perphaps someone else can read this"

2. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I think we need Bloued's knowledge of words to help our understanding of these ancient books, but I am thankful that we have already made a start.

HumanInfiltrator, do you wish to join the Grey Alliance?

3. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, this tale grows ever more complex, yet fascinating. I remember a tale of childhood, one of a host of fanciful tales I thought, yet it spoke of Ftanitorn, and of a sign that would foretell a time when the future of the wolves would rest on the brink. Could that sign be the return of our ancient allies, I wonder? We are coming to a climax and I know not what is ahead for us.

Bloued has already welcomed HumanInfiltrator to the Alliance as Undourlif Wearg, Mauthair.

4. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued looks at his kindred and nods.
    “I shall endeavour to decipher these texts as best I can”
    He turns the ancient text to the first page and begins to study it intently for a while.
    “It appears, this is only a part of a series of texts on the intertwining history of our two races, an overview if you will, giving references to a larger body of work known as the “dogum forn blóð” Which roughly translates as “The days of ancient blood”. Also there appears to be other books, that tell of our laws and moral codes.”
    Bloued goes quiet and reads for a while, then suddenly looks up with a worried look in eyes.
    “ According to the text, Ftanitorn almost upon us! I Do not fully understand its meaning, but it is mentioned here with trepidation. Our great woods, are known as the “Forest of N’gai” in here, and apparently with the coming of the first “Lost one” the sacred texts must be located, as the Shadowthrone must be sat upon once more by “He who is called”. I am not very sure about all this, and I gloss over a lot of meanings, it is hard as the language is old and archaic and bears more resemblance to wolf/goblin speech than that of man. Allegedly in the ancient home of the goblins, there is a “gateway” of some form known as “The Gate of Norvegr”, that is used to enter another realm, where “She who dwells in the woods” must be approached for further instruction.”
    Bloued looks up at his kin, then looks to Mauthir for guidance

5. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "This news intrigues and worries me, for the meaning of such books questions a propecy that is soon yet to happen. Ftanitorn will come, no doubt, but we wolves here must understand it first, else we lay quiet to some greater force of fear. To begin, I would ask Bloued and Caim to take parties of scouting wolves to The Gate of Norvegr, to see if "She who dwells in the woods" can give us further knowledge of this matter, and accompanied by Croanan who can inform us from a goblin perspective of such things.

But first, I must show you that the Great cave hides more than this space of cathedral-like dimensions. Follow me...

*Mauthair leads them to the far face of the inner cave, where, unseeably to most, there is a tunnel that carves a hole deep in to the mountain's heart. It is not steep, and by some strange force of magic means it looks lit with tiny embers, that will never grow for they are the work of a wolfish mind that is understood with itself. The tunnel forks off into many rooms, most of which being quiet, but some house a cold chill that faintly resembles a strong howl from some purer time. This is not questioned, and the wolves are lead into what seems like another dark chamber, but when the spots of flame appear suddenly in the walls again, they shine a beam upon one item that stands on an altar of rock centrally. It is a bound, leather-clad and ancient book, which is opened seemingly in the middle of itself, with glowing black text written upon its pages, as if the dust itself feared to settle upon it.*

That which you see is the ancient 'Drouhtou', and is something each wolf would swear their lives upon, for it contains all the wolf-ways, laws, codes, traditions and all, that associate with such creatures. All leaders know how to read this. But I wished to show both my kindred old and new, that such things do exist. I think in this quest of further understanding, the Drouhtou will become useful in some way. But for now, Bloued, Caim, and Croanan should depart to the gate if Norvegr, and enlighten this prophecy further."

6. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Very well, O'wise Mauthair. There appears much for us to learn. Perhaps you will be able in our absence be able to teach our new members of the pack the ancient ways and lead them on the right path, for they may well be our future".
    *Lopes back to the mouth of the cave and calls to the pack to be ready to depart for places unknown*

7. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    As the scouts leave I move closer to the group studing the book.

"Wise one, I would welcome some of your guidence. I think it will become very important for me to understand as much as possible in the coming times of chaos."

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    "enters"

"I feel like RayCaptain is neglecting his wolves...this should be discussed!"

9. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but I for one was giving him some space due to his berevement...however, The Grey Alliance will always welcome other wolves, if they wish to join. I nor Mauthair or any member of this guild would wish it upon any wolf under the stars to be shunned in such a way...

10. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    yes its alway terrible to lose a person...but still I feel they are neglected, cause I often see him in the spam area, if he has time to spend there, surely he would have time for his guild...

11. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "Our enemy seems a cold and calous being. Both very un-wolfish characteristics.'

I glance at the new comer out of the corner of my eye.

"Wise-one, this one seems trustworthy, how can I aid him? My help my not be much, but it may be a good place to start."

12. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "I too have thought about this matter concerning Ray. Maybe he thinks it is not worth it any more to house a guild, on account of so many leaving it after a while, or the reason may not be so clear to see. I know he has been spending time elsewhere, and not realising that he still has followers left, few as they may be, so it might be an idea for someone to encourage him to take notice of his guild again and have a 'fresh start' or something along that line. We all know how we felt about his actions previously (causing the loss of certain members), so it is understandable that creatures of the Grey Alliance describe him in such a way as we have done, though I think it is time we gave him another chance.

I trust Anakin presently, and I hope the other members of this guild will do the same. I commend too his bravery for being in the middle of both guilds, and not taking sides, but trying to sort this matter out. We can try to help him by communicating with Ray, and finding out what he intends to do. Once we know his aims, it is then that we will act upon them".

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    well raycaptain is banned, he trusted me with his guild...now I'm not sure if I want to run another guild, but you can be sure that I'll handle things very different than raycaptain and that I don't want any trouble with the grey alliance....on the contrary. First of all I don't see a problem why members of the grey alliance cant be members of the new wolf guild and vice versa.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Raycaptain delivers a personal message...he proposes a united guild for wolves.

15. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    A radical step perhaps, yet one I might favour. Wolves are not made to be aggressors towards one another, our battles have always been with mankind and the destruction they wrought. Wolves are made to fight in packs, together, internal conflict may sometimes be necessary but it is never welcome.

16. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My friends, I do not vouch so easily for a united guild. For one thing, we called ourselves the Grey Alliance for the same purpose, so that we could unite wolves under Mauthair's guidance, so I do not see how having a new name and 'bigger' guild would help this, and plus Blood thought of The Grey Alliance name, and I do not wish to let it go. To put it simply, I do not want to change our name and guild that we have already built up at a steady pace without extra help. It is a good idea, and I am all for wolves uniting as one (as we do) but I do not want to deter from The Grey Alliance. I would much prefer a bond of friendship between guilds, that means they can still have their own individual space.

17. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I for one, tend to think that wolf is right. The idea of this guild was for all manner of fantasy creatures neglected by other guilds, it is supposed to be a haven for other not so popular races, and harmonious! I am not sure of what has been happening on TFF as I have been quite busy of late, but there seems to have been some friction! for lack of a better word, and I do not wish to be involved in it, alliances are fine, but I do not wish to see this slowly growing guild disappear.

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well we could still unite and keep the name...I see no problem in that...I just want to know, what would be changed, cause I dont want to see many changes here, not at all...But if the uniting holds in that the members of the new wolf guild join this guild and we delete the other one. Question is still, would there be changes and it would require partnership over this guild.

19. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Listen to me, The Grey Alliance does not wish to to create a partnership over itself. Mauthair is the Great Pack Leader- it is dishonourable to his name to split his qualities over a pack he is destined to lead, and to guide until the end of his days- whereby a new leader would take his place. This is how it has been since wolves can remember, and we are not about to change that over an alliance, which can easily be established without having to combine two guilds together. Mauthair does not wish to share his leadership, which may sound selfish, but it goes on consideration of the safety of his pack, the tradition of his forefathers and future wolves, and more importantly to give credit to The Grey Alliance, which he has struggled to build up to it's current state. He is not willing to change.

20. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    If I may make a humble suggestion. I am not the most wise of the pack, nor am I well versed in the ways of my kind due too my lone history.

It seems to me that what we have here are two packs, each with its own traditions, leaders and range. Why not let the two packs hunt their own territory? We share a common border so we will of course interact on some things. We know that there are dark days comming from the words of our seers. Will it not benifit both packs too live in a peace that allows us too work together in things important too us all.

Having the two packs also allows us all to choose where we belong. It is not that one pack is better than another but we all have different needs and abilities that needs that will allow us to contribute in different ways.

We can even have exchanges between the pack and let our young make journeys to learn more about others of our kind.