The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Talla

Talla The Pup

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    *bows before Niethsaul*

Thank you, I nobly accept this name.

*Stands up and faces Niethsaul*

What protection do you mean?

2. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Every pack member devotes his life to the protection of others in the pack (when we're not fighting eachother at least).
    If ever you are threatened by others, the pack will be by your side ;)

3. Talla

Talla The Pup

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Oh I see! ^^;

*has never had a pack before*

I feel so... homely...

=]

4. Kally

Kally Driving my own destiny.

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    *slows to a walk at the Great Cave entrance, after looking around and learning her surroundings, the wolf lies down with her head low and bowed to the floor*

I wish to be welcomed into your Pack, I will honour and obey Wolf and those of higher rank than I.

*Stands up on hind legs with her two front ones still lying on the floor with her head bowed*

5. WarWolf

WarWolf Obstreperous Alphena

praestat tacere et stultus haberi quam edicere
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    * A lone dark shape appears outside the entrance to the cave amidst the roll of thunder and crackling of lightening spliting the sky asunder. This weary traveller stands indecisively at the opening, as if gathering her thoughts and debating if this course of action do be right and true. With a slight grimace and shake of her head she ventures boldly forward to her destiny*

I humbly submit myself to the judgement of the council in order to become one of the pack and bring honour and valour to them. I hearby lay myself at their feet and await their call.

*A wet, hungry, tired,and slightly demure wolf rests her head on her paws and slowly falls into a deep wolf slumber while awaiting the elders*

6. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    *Appears out of the dense darkness and watches in silence and evaluates the newcomers with an unblinking glare, then speaks in a deep, foreboding voice*
    You who call yourself pyrofire, you were deemed worthy not only by myself, but by other members of the pack, and in the absence of Niethsaul, I can but welcome you.
    You shall carry the name of Drachys, roughly meaning 'wolf with a fiery heart'.
    I'm sure you'll show to us that is true.

*looks at the weary wolf in front*
    I do not know you young one, but you've given me thought solely by coming here into the unknown. However, for your admission into the pack further evaluation is needed. I do not know you, and i will not repeat the mistake with another young wolf who was accepted without much respect to tradition, and failed to meet the pack's expectations.
    So far you seem worthy, but you will have to put up a display of patience and growth, in order to satisfy the demands of our honored ancestor Mauthair.

7. Kally

Kally Driving my own destiny.

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    *Drachys stands and nods her head at the black furred wolf, he is proud, majestic and wise. She is proud to be welcomed into this pack and will honour her pack in all she can do, no matter what. Looking at her surroundings, Drachys feels the comforting sense of home. She turns to Niethsaul.*

I thank you, Great Niethsaul for welcoming me into the Pack. I also thank those who have aided into you allowing me to join, I will not let you down. I will honour and protect my new found Pack with all that I can, even my life.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  8. WarWolf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *Fixes eyes intently on the black furred wolf in front of her*
    Far have I travelled and many dangers have I faced on the path to this place. It seems other have in the past been given places amongst the pack with less knowledge and respect to the way of the wolves. I follow the doctrine of wolfkind and listen wisely to the words of those speaking for Mauthair, but heed this; Spurning the support of those who would adhere to the way of the pack thus creating an angry lone wolf not bound by the constraints and emotional attachment that the pack provides would not be a wise decision. Do not take too much time deciding Black wolf, time could well work against you.

9. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Yes, other were given the place, and it was a mistake that shall not be repeated again.
    Be careful whom you threaten, whelp, lone wolf against a pack is plain suicide.
    You've a lot to learn.

10. WarWolf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Read into my thoughts what you will. If you percieve my words as a threat that highlights your failings then so be it. However I merely see it as friendly advice.
    Your tone and choice of descriptors to name me, show that you are not so well versed in the way of the pack yourself and you belittle yourself and the name of Mauthair through your bellyaching. Unity is one thing you are short in at present, with no clear goals or leadership guiding the pack. You are at the moment easy prey for those who eye your lands with envious eyes. You should seek all the support offered and strive to maintain the strength and power of wolfkind, rather than stay the course your narrow focus is steering.

11. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    You come here, dictating what is and what is not with no knowledge of our history or hierarchy.
    Arrogance is never befitting a wolf. Many have tried to take us down, they always failed, it is not physical strength that makes us strong, nor numbers, but our sense of loyalty towards each other.
    We live our lives how we see fit, you try and change our ways by force, and you will be dealt with the wolf way.
    I do not care for your petty remarks, you are young, many of us were this way too, but my decision is final and stays until further notice.
    Farewell you who wish to war senselessly.
    *leaps into the shadows and disappears from sight*

12. WarWolf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *watches the black wolf disappear into the night, whilst musing on what was said*

Typical male, doesn’t listen to what was said. Just gets a burr in his tail and thinks he is always right.

*Holds head high and slowly stalks away until darkness envelops her form like a shroud*

13. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *a few sounds of cracking joints echo through the cave and a white form appears in the darkness. Stretching for at first after watching the transpiring conversations; now he wanders forward, his gaze fixed on the wolf new to these lands. He moves up close till he is standing clear in the light, only a tails swish away from the other, choosing now to sit and simply regard her with his yellowy gaze*

And what is your name oh one of words and command?

Ah! Wait *he holds up a paw toward his lips before the other has oppertunity to respond* don't answer, for you have given your introduction to us already. And since you have no name now to us how can we give you another suited to yourself when your fur is fresh to our sight; your smell unknown; your abilities untested and your loyalty untried.

You are an unknown to us, and yet you already seem to know much, like one who as ghosted around the pack for some time, watching and waiting. A wise choice that few wolves make when they travel to these lands; to watch and see the pack. To assess us as we assess you to see if we are worthy of your loyaty.

And it appears we have passed your test; for here you are before us, your head held, at least at first, low to join. But things have changed whilst you awayed for your deliberations and in that time we have had to reflect that whilst many have come to join the pack; some with ears and head held lower than yours; they have wandered from the fold and drifted away. Maybe it is as you say, that we have no cause or trial before us to bind those to our pack, but such should not be nessessary to hold a pack together. For a pack is more than just those who join together when times are hard.

So now you have a choice, oh Ghost; you can wander the edges of the pack, picking scraps from our hunts and biting at our ankles when out backs are turned. To turn sour and bitter with your own pride and turn away or turn against us - and thus prove the judgetment of Niethsaul sound in not accepting you.
    Or you can walk amung us as a friend, join with us in our trials and troubles and offer your support to the pack - such as would not be asked of but expected of you if you were as pack with us.

Run with us and prove yourself, then we might know you well enough to give you name and proper place

14. WarWolf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *I turn to look at the White Wolf standing in the shadows, and think hard on his questions before answering*

It is in fact true, I am unknown to you, and in your eyes untried, untested and not worthy of trust at present. But look deeply into my eyes and try to tell me you cannot see the depth of my loyalty and love of wolfkind. Long have I stood on the fringes watching, waiting till the time seemed right to offer myself to the pack, only to have it thrown back in my face. I feel like I have been singled out of the many submissions to the pack. I fully understand that one has to prove themselves worthy of addition, but when one stands alone outside the group, this is a hard thing to do. This segregation could be the genesis of foolhardiness in a young wolf trying to prove herself to the pack. This is a path I would not care to tread, save in desperation.
    Of being one of words and commands, I may rise above my station from time to time, but all that is said is for the greater good of our kind. There are times when harsh words and a strong heart are needed to see one through the ensnarement of others who would revel in disunity and an indecisive pack. I wish merely for the pack to take its rightful place and for me to be a part of this.
    You speak of running with you to be gauged as worthy or not, but how many of you had to do similar in order to gain the respect and trust of Mauthair? Who amongst you has made the transformational journey that the elders of the pack have made? I am willing to undertake such a trial, but I believe only the true leaders of the pack can aid me is such. Or are you willing to journey with me?

*a wolf looks inquisitively*

15. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    Long have i travelled, and much have i missed.

the drow enters the cave and strides through to the rear wall, his red eyes gleaming in the darkness

16. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Slowly, hesitantly, Bloued enters the Great Cave.
    It feels unfamilar to him and the scent of recent visitors are alien.
    This place which once was home to his kindred feels abandoned and ill used by wanderers of late, who's way may not be of the pack.
    He looks to the Drow lingering in the shadows. Eyes narrowing as he seeks to recognise the features of one he once called friend.
    Cautiously he approaches the figure and beckons greeting's in the ancient tongue.