The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    i will keep watch while the pack meets to decide it's future.

2. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    It looks as if no one wishes to challenge your leadership, OR. I feel that we should not spend long deliberating, as uncertainty hangs over our future. I am ready to follow you.

3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Then as no wolf stands before me I shall do my best to lead us to better lands. Though the way is dark before my eyes. We know too little about the lands that surround us, though many have wandered from nearby ranges we must seek further a field I feel for lands that will bring us joy again. We have not the time nor the size of pack to scout in all directions
    *looks forlornly into the west where the sun is starting to set.*
    *takes a deep breath and sighs*

which ever way we go we are committed to follow and as each way is as dark to use as the nights sky without the moons light we might as well not be choosey
    The end with the leaves will point the way - where it leads we will follow and overcome any and all that stand in our way.
    *picks up a stick on the floor which has a small collection of leaves on one end - pauses for a moment and then throws it high into the air*

4. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    All feel the wind pick up suddenly, racing through the trees like the premonition of a storm, although the clouds give no sign for such tempestuous weather. Wondering at the meaning of such things, focus is drawn to the boughs of a distant tree, where from mossed ground a coil of blue light begins to spiral furiously, building and building in volume and speed so as to spark like flame, until a great clash of energy within it brings all signs of movement to a midnight end.

As they stared deep into the shadows wondering at what demon would emerge, a pair of amber eyes, like the wounds of great trees met their fearful gaze. They slunk suspiciously in the breeze, but with another rumble of lightning its body was revealed in tinted silhouette.

Wolf.

She raised her head and took the first pure glance at her people as if she did not know them. Were it that the enemy had breached the borders of her land, she would offer a similar expression. Saying nothing, she slowly approached their astounded faces.

They stepped back with horror as they saw the famously mottled coat bleed translucent in patches of ghostly touch. Not a mark of recognition was shared in those eyes, and not one smile, for the time for mirth had passed away with her. Wolf stopped before Aenlauc, and looked disdainfully at the stick which had moments earlier flown through the air.

"These are the mountains, the rivers, the forests, fields and pastures, that our ancestors fought wars for, and protected since the dawn of this race. If any doubt should fall in to your mind whether to stay, then I would give the human kind more ceremony with which to take it, for that is the weight of the situation which none have yet mastered.

Whosoever has forgotten the name of Mauthair amongst you, I bring you the shame which he carries through me. And were there a wolf whom his light would shone down upon to continue his lead, I would expect him to stay true, in the lands of his kind. Not, as it would seem, entrusting the life of an entire race, to this..." she gazed upon the branch disgustedly "or the fickle ends of fate.

I am the Wolf you have lost, but my life has passed from my own doing, and foolishness in the quest of knowledge. My intent now is to protect those I loved and admitted here with my own guidance. To keep safe this place, as you should also. Though the Great Cave is lost, the mountain provides more than one shelter here. I'll take you there as the last true act of this form, to which I must then return to the shadows."

5. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Lyanna gasps, transfixed at the sight in front of her; delighted, yet terrified, to see this ghostly form of Wolf appear. She had been ready to leave this land, yet with Wolf's words her earlier decision seems feeble, weak. A wolf should not have succumbed so easily to human-like fear and the desire to run. Wolf's presence strengthens her, fills her with the conviction that the pack cannot leave their native land.

"If there is truly a place in these mountains where we can be safe, then we must not leave. This is our land, the birthplace of our pack and cannot be so easily abandoned. We must follow Wolf, or we will no longer be able to call ourselves wolves of this mountain."

6. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    Orynau drops his eyes as the flash of lightning steals his sight. he sinks back into the shadows and tries to recover, relying on his acute demonic hearing to ascertain what is occuring. when his eyesight finally returns he sees the spectre addressing the pack. though the history of the pack is lost on him the meaning of the speach is not. he looks to Wearg Aenlauc for an idea of what to expect from the future and moves off into the darkness to hunt.

7. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued returns to the cave he once called home.
    But things do not smell right, their seems to be a sense of abandonment within his ancestral home.

*raises his head in anguish to the cold dark sky and a howl of loss and sorrow echoes across the starless night*

8. watermaid

watermaid water dragon rider

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i have been long gone from the lands of wolf i wish to know a shortened version of what is currently at hand. im sorry for my long absence but the dragons needed leading and are still a little shaken at the loss of a few to the shadows.

9. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    **last page sums it up mostly - but the very quick catchup - wolf dead, now spirit - cave flooded out now a waterfall - spirit wolf willing to guide to new pack home.**
    **welcome back!**

*Wearg Aenlauc regard the spirit of wolf*
    The hands of fate are fickle though they bind us all as strongly as do those of destiny.
    You say there is a place for us still in these lands - that this darkness is not an ending of our times and the lands rejection of us. If this is so then take your last action as our pack leader and lead us to the new den - from there we shall find the source of the blight that taints these lands

*As Wearg Aenlauc moves his gaze from wolf to regard the rest of the pack he notices one who is not a wolf in the background - Watermaid. Though neither he nor many of the newer wolves present know this one - he growls a challenge at one who would disturb this meeting for wolves*

10. watermaid

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i may not be a wolf but i have been with this company before when we all traveled in the shadow land, through the gate. i was welcomed to the pack by wolf. if you chalange me you challange allegence with dragon kin. do not growl for i am friend.

11. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *Wearg Aenlauc lowers his head - his ears half laid back and a slight snarl on his lips*
    hmm what you say might or might not be true. Times have moved on and any scent of you here is long gone, if indeed it ever was here. If you wish to return and aid us - as others that are not wolves have done so in the past - then you will have to prove yourself to us.
    And to me as well.
    I will let you decide the manner of how you will prove loyalty to the Pack

12. watermaid

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    my dragon and i will use magic to bring ground water to the surface near your den and enchant it so that it will stay clean, never run dry, and never freeze. we are the best in water magic so the spell will last until either i or my dragon dies. and as an elf i live a very long life and dragons live eons.

13. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *flicks his ears*
    so you have no way to prove loyalty to us now, but instead give us words as promises to your actions.
    Words are poor things to give to a pack as proof - yet elves are not men.
    I will take your word as your bond - and we will see if your prove your word and worth to the pack.

*turns to the form of Wolf*
    then as the pack is settled and assembled lead us on to this new den that you speak of.

14. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Wolf proceeds, and appears to glide between the trees, making no sound as paws touch the bracken of the ground, save for each pawprint providing a momentary blue glow before fading into the earth. They are lead through the forest for an hour or so until the first shadows of their great mountain appear, framing what was once the vast lair all called home. Gusts of midnight air drove the smell of an eternal kingdom into the sinuses of all, and for a moment there was peace. Yet, as the sound of water filled their keen ears also, the sense of loss was overwhelming.

"The books will not be destroyed." Her voice uttered, calmly. "Ancient enchantments bound them all before any of this was due to pass. It is only the obtaining of such scriptures that would be impossible now. Perhaps it is for the best...perhaps this is how wolves will loose their ability to read. Yet what you are deprived of now will be engraved in song, lyrics which not even the smallest cub will forget. The history of our race is already immortalised in the Howl...you need not words to tell you that."

The pack was brought to a small burrow in the rock that was only just big enough for one wolf to enter at a time. There was nothing grand or beautiful about it, but with a nod from Her, glowing runes became engraved above the arch, quickly turning the same shade of blue as the glow which surrounded Wolf. With some of the group apprehensive, she soon went forward to lead them into what would be a labyrinth of tunnels, darker than midnight, but it was as if they twisted and turned in every direction so as to give the impression their sacred mountain was hollow. Eventually, the tunnel they walked opened up into a grand atrium, with moonlight shining through gaps in their stone canopy to bring light where there was none. It was here that thousands of tunnels began and ended, all showing only the same consuming darkness, as if their directions were all a protected secret.

"The tunnels will share their knowledge with you in good time, but as for now, you must learn not to fear them. This is the home of wolves now. The gods have given you a place which will not draw attention to what you are, or where you are living. Although there are many entrances to this place, they are all guarded with the last words of writing our species will know. There is safety here the like of which the pack could not have comprehended before. Learn now; discover. Ancestors, protect you."

With a bowing, white entities emerged from the walls and entered into a swirling coil that trailed the grand ceiling in a great sprint, and it would be known from then on that these were the protectors of the cave- it's eternal wardens. Wolf gazed over her living brothers and sisters for a moment more, before a grand creature appeared next to her, in the same field of light. His name and face were unknown, but it was said in old legends that once she had fought by his side in what all knew to be the War of the Wolves, that undying marker of history that had claimed so many. After an eternity apart they were together again.

15. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Watches as the form of Wolf fades away with the others and looks out over the atrium. He turns and views the pack that has followed Wolf to the new den and is saddened to see that their numbers are again deminished from what they were.
    "It seems some have no trust anymore. No matter we must do what we must to survive here. We must first understand this new den and these pathways must be explored and the unknown made known. Our first priorities are food and water, we have eaten little in these past weeks and winter fast approaches, also we must seek out water for the pack. It would bode well for us for our dragon rider to prover her word and her bond now. But I will not have the pack travel alone, these are dark times and to travel alone is to encourge misfortune - when leaving the den we shall travel in pairs at least - one of you must travel with the elf and find the water for our pack."

16. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    i will go.
    for the shadows are my friend
    and my eyes are keen

17. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    "Water?" An ethereal voice laughed. "Food? Why do you question these lands when you have never left them? There will always be plenty in the forest, and you know this mountain to have enough water for endless quenching of thirst. All that has changed is the caves- the attitudes of deserters is unimportant to dwindle on now. Do not doubt the strength of wolves, brother."

18. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    orynau cocks an ear at the voice.
    he nods his understanding and moves off to gather food for the pack.
    they still have not eaten for a while

19. Talla

Talla The Pup

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    *walks in and bows down, after a while the pup stands again, looking around at the surroundings, hoping that this, and the wolves around her will become her new home and family*

I wish to join your Pack, If that is okay please?

20. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    *the black wolf watches from a distance with curiosity, then speaks*
    Welcome, young one.
    *moves close to the cub*
    Certainly, we can't let a young pup roam the wilderness all on her own, especially with very little other wolves around, we are not many, but we are very old and very powerful, we'd be glad to offer protection to another of our lost kind.

I give you the name of Sathoryel, meaning ''young storm'', and like all storms, with time you'll grow stronger and bigger, with us here to guide you hopefully you'll become an honorable wolf worthy of our ancestor Mauthair.
    Welcome to the Pack.